1st Stringers?

From Buffalo News article:

Coach Mike Mularkey plans to have his regulars get extended minutes in the final exhibition against the Detroit Lions on Friday night in Ralph Wilson Stadium.

"We'll probably play a little more than just the normal fourth preseason game that seems to be a standard around the league," Mularkey said. "We're going to play more because we need to be in a rhythm on both sides of the ball, special teams, all together before we come out of this game. Hopefully, that's early, and we'll just wait and see."

Please God - no major injuries!!

My guess is that it will all be about confidence and momentum. If the first unit offense moves the ball in their first series and scores then they will come out and feel rewarded for the good play with an early rest.

If on the other hand they struggle then a: MM has set things up nicely by the game going according to plan as they stay in and b: they need the work anyway.

My guess is that it will all be about confidence and momentum. If the first unit offense moves the ball in their first series and scores then they will come out and feel rewarded for the good play with an early rest.

If on the other hand they struggle then a: MM has set things up nicely by the game going according to plan as they stay in and b: they need the work anyway.

423687[/snapback]

If our starting offense struggles against Detroit, who looked downright horrible in their own house on Monday, this board will start calling for JP's head.

3 or 4 series is my guess for the starters. JP needs the work and so too does the OL.

An opening drive score would be good - I'll settle for a good drive and a figgie. And at least one TD from the startes is a must tho on another drive. They need the confidence.

Willis can sit out for the most part tho - he's done his work I think.

c'mon, folks. the only "must" in this game is that the bills must escape with their health. that's it.

yes, it would be nice to see some offensive flow, but it still doesn't really matter and won't change my opinion about the team a bit. there's no gameplanning, no specific schemes. i just don't want to see dumb penalties and a lot of mental errors.