Everett and Thomas on PUP reserve

Lori

And the good news is that Parrish wasn't PUP'd so they expect him back before game 6, and again it will probably be game 4.

I don't think Parrish would be eligible for PUP regardless of when he might be available.

I believe you only qualify if you were hurt from a non-football activity. (I guess the OTAs when Everett was hurt don't count either; or maybe 'cuz he wasn'ts igned at the time.)

I don't think Parrish would be eligible for PUP regardless of when he might be available.

I believe you only qualify if you were hurt from a non-football activity. (I guess the OTAs when Everett was hurt don't count either; or maybe 'cuz he wasn'ts igned at the time.)

The PUP list is for injuries related to football. There are other lists like the non-football injury and reserve list which are for non-football injuries. I'm not totally sure, but I think Parrish could have been placed on PUP because he sustained an injury while playing. In any case though, I expect him back by game 4.

There are also limitations from the PUP in terms of a PUP player not being abled to participate in football training or drills.

A PUPed player can be around in order to undergo physical training or medical rehab, but until after week 6 these players will not be able to participate in the offensive or defensive work.

This makes sense as teams are not able to simply stockpile a player on the PUP but still get him ready to play. After week 6 they have a period up until week 6 where he can practice with the team and they have until week 9 to activate him or IR him for the season.

I'm a bit surprised that Fontenot got waived, considering the good reports I've heard about him.

Even more surprising is the fact that he was waived before players like Wendell Hunter, Evan Oglesby, Brad Cieslak, & Jasen Esposito.

Oh well, that's why the coaches make the decisions.

Everett or Thomas were both injured before camp started; that's what the "Physically Unable to Perform" list is for. Players can't be placed on the PUP list if they start training camp on the active roster, so no, Parrish wouldn't have been eligible.

I'm a bit surprised that Fontenot got waived, considering the good reports I've heard about him.

Even more surprising is the fact that he was waived before players like Wendell Hunter, Evan Oglesby, Brad Cieslak, & Jasen Esposito.

Oh well, that's why the coaches make the decisions.

423148[/snapback]

I know a lot of times, teams will release a player earlier than others because it's out of respect for that player, so that he may have the opportunity to latch on with another team. I'm sure there are other players the team could've cut ahead of Fontenot to get to 65, but if the Bills brass knew they were going to release him in the end anyways, it may be a favor to do it sooner.