billy miller released by texans

eball

the prospect of the bills bringing in miller for a look-see intrigues me for a couple of reasons:

(1) he played for the bills' first opponent and can give some insight into the texans' schemes; and

(2) buffalo isn't exactly the picture of health and productivity at the TE position these days.

i bet miller could probably be signed for the veteran minimum. this is the type of "under the radar" move that might pay immediate dividends.

thoughts?

the prospect of the bills bringing in miller for a look-see intrigues me for a couple of reasons:

(1) he played for the bills' first opponent and can give some insight into the texans' schemes; and

(2) buffalo isn't exactly the picture of health and productivity at the TE position these days.

i bet miller could probably be signed for the veteran minimum.  this is the type of "under the radar" move that might pay immediate dividends.

thoughts?

422399[/snapback]

ive always liked miller, but i think we already have to much invested in TEs - especially with young guys like Euhus and Everett

ive always liked miller,  but i think we already have to much invested in TEs - especially with young guys like Euhus and Everett

422401[/snapback]

that's my point. vet minimum. euhus and everett are both injured.

I think that's overrated, especially with someone cut this early. There's not much scheming going on right now in camp... I doubt we'd get anything interesting.

CW

Who should we cut to fit him in? That's always the question I like to ask.

i bet miller could probably be signed for the veteran minimum.  this is the type of "under the radar" move that might pay immediate dividends.

thoughts?

422399[/snapback]

The Bills should apply for a roster exemption allowing them to carry 75 players on the active season roster instead of 53. That way we can pick up all the released players this forum likes.

422512[/snapback]

is that an incredibly poor attempt at sarcasm? :lol:

is that an incredibly poor attempt at sarcasm?  :lol:

422596[/snapback]

Um yeah. To true though. Every free agent that hits the market would be on the team today if it was up to some people on this board. On this page alone there are three threads that refer to this topic.

Troy Edwards

Cory Simon

Billy Miller

Um yeah.  To true though.  Every free agent that hits the market would be on the team today if it was up to some people on this board.  On this page alone there are three threads that refer to this topic.

Troy Edwards

Cory Simon

Billy Miller

422601[/snapback]

one should not lump all posters into the same pile. my post did not call for TD to "get 'er done" because "i've heard of him." i merely raised the question to solicit opinions. the guy would probably be very cheap and was, at one time, considered a very good prospect at a position -- TE -- widely held to be a weak spot on the bills' roster.

Um yeah.  To true though.  Every free agent that hits the market would be on the team today if it was up to some people on this board.  On this page alone there are three threads that refer to this topic.

Troy Edwards

Cory Simon

Billy Miller

422601[/snapback]

one should not lump all posters into the same pile.

Key word some.

one should not lump all posters into the same pile.  my post did not call for TD to "get 'er done" because "i've heard of him."  i merely raised the question to solicit opinions.  the guy would probably be very cheap and was, at one time, considered a very good prospect at a position -- TE -- widely held to be a weak spot on the bills' roster.

422602[/snapback]

so when are you going to answer todd's question? who do you cut to make room?

campbell? euhus? neufeld? trafford? you can only carry 3, so 2 of those guys have to go........

and then when everett gets back whoever is the 3rd will be cut......not a very good situation from billy miller's perspective if you ask me.........

so when are you going to answer todd's question? who do you cut to make room?

campbell? euhus? neufeld? trafford? you can only carry 3, so 2 of those guys have to go........

and then when everett gets back whoever is the 3rd will be cut......not a very good situation from billy miller's perspective if you ask me.........

422621[/snapback]

neufeld and trafford do nothing for me. campbell is neither fast nor a particularly good blocker. i like euhus the most of the four, but he has had nothing but injury problems since he was drafted.

bottom line -- none of these guys are indispensable. that's the reason i posed the question.

neufeld and trafford do nothing for me.  campbell is neither fast nor a particularly good blocker.  i like euhus the most of the four, but he has had nothing but injury problems since he was drafted.

bottom line -- none of these guys are indispensable.  that's the reason i posed the question.

422628[/snapback]

I totally agree with you. Neufeld and Trafford are just interchangeable scrubs to me, neither of them have shown me a thing aside from a few catches a year. I'd cut both of them, keep Campbell and Euhus and then sign Billy Miller. To me, he's proven he can be a great option for a young QB who might panic and dump the ball off over the middle when he played with David Carr.

I would definitely look into bringing him aboard...I would be even willing to bet his contract wont be very high either.