Kyle Orton named Bears starter

Thailog80

Orton was 0-2 with a 3 and out against the Bills 1st team defense. He tore up the Bills 2nd team defense with the Bears 1st team offense. Hard to judge from that. Hutchinson is bad, but it is almost as if the Bears' coaches are looking for a reason to elevate Orton as an excuse for not getting some of the veterans that were on the market last March.

Orton was 0-2 with a 3 and out against the Bills 1st team defense.  He tore up the Bills 2nd team defense with the Bears 1st team offense.  Hard to judge from that.  Hutchinson is bad, but it is almost as if the Bears' coaches are looking for a reason to elevate Orton as an excuse for not getting some of the veterans that were on the market last March.

421701[/snapback]

That's definitely a possibility - but Orton has been making a good impression throughout the preseason, and Hutchinson was beyond bad. One postgame view, from a source whose opinions I respect:

"If Orton isn't the starter when the season starts, Lovie should be looking for work elsewhere. "

Congratulations, that makes you smarter than our two announcers (Tasker and Marv).  I was so annoyed that it took almost the whole drive (of them praising Orton) before they mentioned that our 2nd teamers were in the game.

This was a local broadcast.  I am certain that many Bills' fans don't want to hear our announcers heap praise on another team's rookie QB, when he is leading their starters against our backups.

421409[/snapback]

During the NFL Network re-broadcast, Ditka and his partner were pretty generous with saying good things about the Bills. I was quite surprised.

Meanwhile, the ticker said that Orton was named the starter and that Hutchinson "was demoted out of the playing rotation". Yikes, sounds like a one-way Greyhound ticket back home for the Hutch-meister...

That's definitely a possibility - but Orton has been making a good impression throughout the preseason, and Hutchinson was beyond bad. One postgame view, from a source whose opinions I respect:

"If Orton isn't the starter when the season starts, Lovie should be looking for work elsewhere. "

I don't know how it could be any other way. Hutchinson was horrible. And while Orton succeeded against the Bills' 2nd stringers, his potential is untapped whereas Hutchinson has pretty much proven himself not to be an NFL QB.

And while Orton succeeded against the Bills' 2nd stringers, his potential is untapped whereas Hutchinson has pretty much proven himself not to be an NFL QB.

421924[/snapback]

Exactly. Orton was great against Syracuse. Not so great against Wisconsin and others. Brees is much better IMHO, but we'll see how he does. Again, I hope Orton does well butI've seen him crack at the worst possible times.

During the NFL Network re-broadcast, Ditka and his partner were pretty generous with saying good things about the Bills. I was quite surprised.

Meanwhile, the ticker said that Orton was named the starter and that Hutchinson "was demoted out of the playing rotation". Yikes, sounds like a one-way Greyhound ticket back home for the Hutch-meister...

421920[/snapback]

I was surprised also. Ditka did the color comm. for the game here in Chicago (probably the one you saw with Eaton?)...

Ditka was creaming in his pants about MaGahee... Then he went on to say how Willis is his fantasy football running back!

A lot of heap of praise was also put on the Bills' organization.

:lol:

Ya mean no more boos?  :lol:

422164[/snapback]

By all the children in attendance at the "Flyin' Saucer" for that PRESEASON game in Chicago?

When the real games start flying, do you think all the season ticket holders (every game is a sell out... Waiting list for season tix) are gonna put their PSL's to waste?

It was funny watching the game here with local Chicago broadcast... They would pan the crowd and it seemed totally loaded with school aged kids. Not that the adults here are any better. ;);)

:lol::lol:

And Hutch goes by the wayside along with Chris Weinke, Josh Booty, Drew Henson, and everyone else who thought that once they couldn't cut it in baseball, they could still be an NFL quarterback.

421036[/snapback]

This kills me because he was a top pitching prospect in the Cardinals organization and could be in the majors right now with his stuff. Instead he picks a dangerous sport with a penchant for short careers. He's as moronic as those surprised New Orleans residents who woke up to water.

This kills me because he was a top pitching prospect in the Cardinals organization and could be in the majors right now with his stuff.  Instead he picks a dangerous sport with a penchant for short careers.  He's as moronic as those surprised New Orleans residents who woke up to water.

422863[/snapback]

Don't worry, dude, a 2005 Cards championship is a foregone conclusion! Just ask BF!