Twelve guys that don't make it

Thailog80

4-Steve Baker

18-Tony Brown....great speed but not good in any other pattern but a fly.

48-Brad Cieslak... too many tight ends.

35- Joe Burns....Shaud and Lionel make him expendable.

38- Thierrian Fontenot.

54- Wendell Hunter

30-Rashard Lee....RB depth does him in.

39- Rob Lee.......depth here also does him in.

6- Shane Matthews......I know I know Im reaching. Woodbury makes it. He's cheaper than Matthews. If JP goes down we resign Shane and save $.

43- Evan Oglesby.

52 Daryl Towns

42- Jim Leonhard

Discuss please. Man the next round of cuts is going to be even harder.

4-Steve Baker

18-Tony Brown....great speed but not good in any other pattern but a fly.

48-Brad Cieslak... too many tight ends.

35- Joe  Burns....Shaud and Lionel make him expendable.

38- Thierrian Fontenot.

54- Wendell Hunter

30-Rashard Lee....RB depth does him in.

39- Rob Lee.......depth here also does him in.

6- Shane Matthews......I know I know Im reaching. Woodbury makes it. He's cheaper than Matthews. If JP goes down we resign Shane and save $.

43- Evan Oglesby.

52 Daryl Towns

42- Jim Leonhard

Discuss please. Man the next round of cuts is going to be even harder.

420612[/snapback]

Brad Cieslak and Rashard Lee won't be cut yet. The rest I could see happening although a lot of people could be a little disapointed that you have Leonhard on there so early.

Brad Cieslak and Rashard Lee won't be cut yet.  The rest I could see happening although a lot of people could be a little disapointed that you have Leonhard on there so early.

420614[/snapback]

True it's early. I hear the staff is really impressed with Rod Trafford's effort this camp. I think Cieslak is PS material.

If Matthews was going to be cut they would not have given him Woodbury's snaps unless it was so he could say "Goodbye" to Bears fans since he played for Bears twice. Woodbury did not even get a chance to play QB. From what I read he had a good series.

If Matthews was going to be cut they would not have given him Woodbury's snaps unless it was so he could say "Goodbye" to Bears fans since he played for Bears twice.  Woodbury did not even get a chance to play QB.  From what I read he had a good series.

420623[/snapback]

First of all...nice to see you again.

My logic behind the Matthews cut is as follows.... Woodbury comes at a much cheaper price than Matthews. If JP does indeed go down to an injury we can resign Shane. But we wouldnt have to pay him a full years (16 game) salary after week one. Like I said Im reaching with the Woodbury selection over SM.

My guess:

Therrian Fontenot, CB

Evan Oglesby, CB

Lawrence Richardson, CB

Uyi Osunde, DE

Jon Goldsberry, FB

Steve Baker, K/P

Wendell Hunter, LB

Daryl Towns, LB

Kevin Thompson, QB

Tory Woodbury, QB

Brad Ceislak, TE

Tony Brown, WR

Trafford has shown more than Ceislak, as far as I can tell

Matthews is a lock at the #3 QB simply because he can be a good mentor for JP (Wyche doesn't have time to be tutoring Woodbury, as well)

Why does everyone think Steve Baker will get cut??? :(

I think that Leonhard may last through this cut and someone like Jarmen gets cut after his piss-poor play last night.

If we had another PK around, I wouldn't be surprised to see Lindell sent to the curb, although his kickoffs have improved. I would rather have XPs and FGs rather than better kickoffs. Game should have been tied last night.

I don't buy it T-log ... Matthews wont be making much more than the vet min ... having an untested player as the emergency QB behind a first year starter and a backup who has never played a full season isn't a luxury we can afford. If JP had a couple years under his belt, I'd have no problems with that possibility.

we will see what happens and who is right

420664[/snapback]

Very true, mead.

I don't think Matthews is going anywhere after TD had to beg him to re-sign. Maybe if Woodburry (sp?) looked a lot better, but from what I've seen, Shane-O Matt has looked serviceable this pre-season... he will stick & help tutor JP.

Matthews is a lock at the #3 QB simply because he can be a good mentor for JP (Wyche doesn't have time to be tutoring Woodbury, as well)

420625[/snapback]

Not to reopen old debates, but there is a sizable number of people who, having actually watched Matthews play, thinks he flat-out stinks and should never have been signed in the first place. How his rep has now increased to where he is considered a wily old veteren and mentor to the up-and-coming is beyound me.