The All Blacks just won the most amazing rugby

jester43

wow...UNbelievable. 6 lead changes between new zealand and south africa- who btw, are the two best teams in the world (sorry nick). Umaga forced a Springbok error deep in their own end with a great hustle play, which led to the winning try with under 3 mins left. left me screaming my bloody head off at 5am. hope the neighbors didn't hear me.

damn what a great sport. i wish we could get some coverage here in the states. trust me you guys, with all the hitting and the blood and the nonstop action (not to mention the great HAKA prior to to each All Blacks game) you can get hooked on this sport reeeeal easy. SOCCER IT AIN'T.

worth every penny of the 25bucks i shelled out for a PPV, and better than 90% of the football games i watched last year.

wow...UNbelievable.  6 lead changes between new zealand and south africa- who btw,  are the two best teams in the world (sorry nick).  Umaga forced a Springbok error deep in their own end with a great hustle play, which led to the winning try with under 3 mins left.  left me screaming my bloody head off at 5am.  hope the neighbors didn't hear me.

damn what a great sport.  i wish we could get some coverage here in the states.  trust me you guys, with all the hitting and the blood and the nonstop action (not to mention the great HAKA prior to to each All Blacks game) you can get hooked on this sport reeeeal easy.  SOCCER IT AIN'T.

worth every penny of the 25bucks i shelled out for a PPV, and better than 90% of the football games i watched last year.

420172[/snapback]

:(

you mean you can actually understand the sport of rugby?

420227[/snapback]

i was fortunate to watch several games with the locals when i was in n.z. ths summer...they taught me the basics and that is all you need to know. good times.

you mean you can actually understand the sport of rugby?

420227[/snapback]

It's actually pretty straightforward. Much simpler than football. Played Rugby for a club in college -- have 8 stitches in my eyebrow and a pint of blood on the old rugby shirt as a reminder, esp. since I don't can't recall the after-game parties (a vile and amusing events).

My roomate played college hockey and I called him a wimp for playing with pads.

Would like to play again but I don't think my body could take it anymore (pushing 40).

It's actually pretty straightforward.  Much simpler than football.  Played Rugby for a club in college -- have 8 stitches in my eyebrow and a pint of blood on the old rugby shirt as a reminder, esp. since I don't can't recall the after-game parties (a vile and amusing events).

My roomate played college hockey and I called him a wimp for playing with pads. 

Would like to play again but I don't think my body could take it anymore (pushing 40).

420316[/snapback]

Spend a lot of time watching 6 nations or the Rugby world cup, and Pro Football starts looking really slow. I always loved the non-stop action, but I am too cheap to buy PPV for only myself unless Ireland is playing.

I saw Aussie Rules football highlights on ESPN or FSN the other day. I know it's not rugby, but looks to be a cross somewhere between that, the NFL, and soccer. Saw where a team won 182-83!!!

Are you down in Dunedin right now???

I moved out to Nelson (Top of the South Island) three weeks ago from the states

Yeah... that game kicked ass last night. I still can't believe that I came on this Bills board this morning and saw an "All Blacks" report!

Just so you know... The All Blacks and Crusaders are undefeated since I've been in NZ. (My visit out in March included.)

What brings you down under? Do you live here too or just visiting?

I came to a horrible conclusion last week at work (Nelson City Council) when I realized that since we're 18+ hours ahead of the States, that all of the NFL games will be played while I'm at work on Modays! Argh!

If you find yourself up in the Nelson area drop me a line.

My wife and kids finally fly out to Chirstchurch this coming Tuesday morning. I've been DYING with out them here.

Cheers,

Mark "The Kiwi"

Are you down in Dunedin right now???

I moved out to Nelson (Top of the South Island) three weeks ago from the states

Yeah... that game kicked ass last night.  I still can't believe that I came on this Bills board this morning and saw an "All Blacks" report!

Just so you know... The All Blacks and Crusaders are undefeated since I've been in NZ.  (My visit out in March included.)

What brings you down under?  Do you live here too or just visiting?

I came to a horrible conclusion last week at work (Nelson City Council) when I realized that since we're 18+ hours ahead of the States, that all of the NFL games will be played while I'm at work on Modays!  Argh!

If you find yourself up in the Nelson area drop me a line.

My wife and kids finally fly out to Chirstchurch this coming Tuesday morning.  I've been DYING with out them here.

Cheers,

Mark "The Kiwi"

420561[/snapback]

i was visiting a friend in n.z. during june and july, so i got to stay in tauranga (mt. maunganui actually) for four weeks, two of which were spent touring the south island by car. i saw so many great sights and really fell in love with the place, but unfortuantely i am back here in PA now. ironically, i will soon be leaving for dulles airport to pick my friend up, as she is moving home today also. she is an audiologist, and the company that recruited her didn't treat her well, so she quit and began doing locum work. the pay was good, but the uncertainty of it and long commutes wore her down and she decided to come back.

incidentally, i was there during the British & Irish Lions tour, which was quite a spectacle with all the thousands of brits and irish caravanning up and down the country in their lions regalia. it's funny, for such an intense rivalry the interactions between the sides were amazingly warm and cordial. it's just like when the players beat the life out of each other for 80mins and then shake hands and hug and trade jersies. the only thing i can compare it to is boxers who beat each other senseless and then hug.

Too bad you're back in the States. Springtime is arriving here and ITS GORGEOUS!! Blue water... palm trees, snow-capped mountains...

(Although Autumn in the Finger Lakes is still my favorite place/time)

If you're ever down here again, look me up!

i am going to a n.z. job-fair in d.c. in september...just to see...i assume you are there because of the huge skilled labor shortage- from what i hear it is so bad they even need teachers!

are you planning to stay permanently?? there are so many great sights! drive south on rt1 toward kaikoura, and when you get to the coastline (near clarence) look to your left as there is a huge seal colony there and the buggers just hang out and soak up rays by the side of the road! here is a good shot of them:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/60697383@N00/30230265/

and there are a lot more shots of some of the other sights on my friends blog:

http://www.kiwikatie.blogspot.com/

if you want any recommendations, send me a p.m.

Yeah... we intend to stay here for good. However; we'll always keep our options open.

Yes, there is a skilled labor shortage, but it is partially because NZ is expeciencing the lowest unemployment in history. (At least here in Nelson.)

(Plus... I have some pretty good qualifications that Council was in need of. Not to toot my own horn)

Yup... kaikoura is very nice. I spent some time there when I was here on Recon in March.

There is sea life EVERYWHERE. When I was in Akaroa... I went out on a boat ride with a guy a met at the local cafe. Anyway... in 10 minutes, we saw dolphins, seals and even penguins. (Whales are quite common too although we didn't see them)

Thanks for the offer for recommendations, but I've already been given A TON on "inside" information from all of my new Kiwi friends.

I can't wait... two more days until my wife and kids arrive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO BILLS!