Gregg Williams

gantrules

Doesn't matter who the other team is. You build your guys up by doing it.

29018[/snapback]

Yeah, true, and I think Grey, like Tom Clements, are upstairs in the booth. Could explain why Nate, London, and TKO all do those annoying dances. Maybe they're trying to pump up their teammates, but in the meantime they are annoying the fans; Well, at least me anyways.

A lot of people down in the DC area are talking about how great Greggo is going to be for them.

One man's trash is another's treasure, I suppose.

29484[/snapback]

Another funny bit was the Washington Post had an article which said that GW was known for his flexibility in defensive schemes...I was like...not when he was in Buffalo....but then again...I think he has little to do with the defense in DC. I think he just implements what Gibbs tells him to do. Some people are just good #2 men.

Another funny bit was the Washington Post had an article which said that GW was known for his flexibility in defensive schemes...I was like...not when he was in Buffalo....but then again...I think he has little to do with the defense in DC.  I think he just implements what Gibbs tells him to do.  Some people are just good #2 men.

29520[/snapback]

I bet Joe just gave him a list of stuff to get done, then GW made some supporting lists. On his list was to hi-five players after a good play, that's why he did it. :doh:

Jim Rome proclaimed, today, that Gregg Williams was the best/biggest addition to the Redskins, rather than Portis. He gusshed on and on (as only Rome can do) that Williams will be/has been one of the very best defensive cooridanters in the leauge.

Also, along those lines, did anyong see TKO on BEST DAMN SSP, last week? He said something I found a little curious, forgive me if it has been commented on before. When he was asked if the addition of guys like he and Sam Adams were the biggest reason the Bills had the #2 defense last year, he said, something to the effect of, well we had a lot to do with it, but the biggest factor was Dick LeBeau. He didn't give Jerry Gray any "props". Anyone else see this? I hope it is not an indication of something bigger. Personally, I always wished they would have offered LeBeau the DC job when Williams was canned.

Another funny bit was the Washington Post had an article which said that GW was known for his flexibility in defensive schemes...I was like...not when he was in Buffalo....

29520[/snapback]

Yeah this is the same guy who tore up half our defense when he came in because "this is how we did it in Tennessee." If I recall right, he tore up a pretty damn good defense.

I'm kinda rooting for GW in his defensive coordinator type role. He was a Bill for about 3 years and he gave a good effort. Even though he failed, he has a connection to this area.

Personally, I always wished they would have offered LeBeau the DC job when Williams was canned.

29587[/snapback]

Coach Mularkeys first choice DC was Dick LeBeau...but DB turned it down

to take up the offer from his former coach Cowher. JG was mularkeys

2nd choice. I don't think Gray is a bad coach. His players let him down

yesterday on that final drive. I think it is ok to play prevent defense if you

can handle it.

Coach Mularkeys first choice DC was Dick LeBeau...but DB turned it down

to take up the offer from his former coach Cowher.  JG was mularkeys

2nd choice.  I don't think Gray is a bad coach.  His players let him down

yesterday on that final drive. I think it is ok to play prevent defense if you

can handle it.

29702[/snapback]

I think time will show GW as a good head coach.

His first year he had no chance

8-8 in the second year was beyond expectations.

6-10 in year 3 was not good.

All in all he made some poor choices.

The staff-Offensively he had no clue.

Defensively- Solid unit.

Special Teams- I think he did a good job. Danny Smith was a good choice.

Time may show that these team did not have the talent for him to be sucessful.

He has moved on elsewhere , he is a good and decent man who did extend kindnesses to fans while he was a Bill coach, if he is able to get up off the ground and have success all the power to him........

------------------

TD is that you?????