Drew vs Drew

Im sure many of you watched the game last night. Bledsoe was his normal self- olding the ball, missing short throws to his running backs and getting sacked. But his "understudy" Drew Henson is just as bad. I remember there was talk on this board that the Bills should have gone after Henson. Glad they didnt. I think he will be a back up his entire career.

But this is the Cowpokes problem and it couldnt happen to a better team and a better coach. Now Drew is the Tuna's headache.

Im sure many of you watched the game last night. Bledsoe was his normal self- olding the ball, missing short throws to his running backs and getting sacked. But his "understudy" Drew Henson is just as bad. I remember there was talk on this board that the Bills should have gone after Henson. Glad they didnt. I think he will be a back up his entire career.

But this is the Cowpokes problem and it couldnt happen to a better team and a better coach. Now Drew is the Tuna's headache.

415391[/snapback]

It kinda makes me look up to Drew Henson...hes so far flopped big time for 2 of my most hated teams...the spankees and the cowboys...

Way to go Drew!!!!

415391[/snapback]

drew sucks, plain and simple.

the only thing I cannot figure out is...why did parcells want this guy?

drew sucks, plain and simple.

the only thing I cannot figure out is...why did parcells want this guy?

415403[/snapback]

This is what happens when emotion and idiocy get together for drinks.

Drew was vocal about not being a backup. The opportunity to be the starter in Dallas with a coach he knows was purely emotional because he needed to show his critics (whoever they are) that he was a valuable commodity in this league so instead of being patient and testing the waters, he took the first (and yes, possibly the only) offer thrown at him.

Parcells, on the other hand, is an idiot for thinking that Bledsoe will get him to the promised land. As Madden commented last night, Parcells believes that if you "gimme a quarterback, I can get you to where we want to go faster. Without a quarterback, it will take time." What he should have said was "Give me a great quarterback..."and Bledsoe is not a great quarterback. This game is too fast for him. Way too fast.

I liked having Drew as our qb and truly wish him success. I had visions of "John Elway grandeur" when he came in...the guy who got to the next level and brought it all home. But I was wrong in my thinking. And so is Bill Parcells.

I'm no bledsoe fan, but I think he came back and played pretty decent after the poor start.

I still think he has a little left in the tank (had a nice 9 yard scramble on third down), and wouldn't be surprised if he plays much better then he had in his past 2 seasons here.

As far as Drew Henson, yuck, I think Tony Romo will be the #2 QB some time this season.

Drew has well documented weaknesses that are easy to exploit--slow decision making/slow tracking through his progressions, lack of the intangible "feel for the rush", slow starter when he decides to run--his first two steps are really plodding..those are the key two steps when under a rush. The D can always send more people than the O can block with when a QB has these weaknesses--and with Drew--the vast majority of the time--he can not exploit any mismatches or one on one coverages sending more people creates.

I was shocked after the '03 game against the Cowboys, when the Bills had the following sequence of drives in the second half, that Parcells would be interested:

Buffalo Bills at 13:05, (1st play from scrimmage 13:00)

1-10-BUF 40 (13:00) 20-T. Henry right guard to BUF 40 for no gain (96-E.Ekuban).

2-10-BUF 40 (12:23) 11-D. Bledsoe pass to 80-E. Moulds to DAL 49 for 11 yards (31-R.Williams). Slant from right end. P11

1-10-DAL 49 (11:46) 20-T. Henry right guard to DAL 45 for 4 yards (59-D.Nguyen).

2-6-DAL 45 (11:10) 11-D. Bledsoe pass incomplete to 80-E. Moulds. Pass incomplete at the Dallas 37 right side; Newman almost intercepted the pass on the play.

3-6-DAL 45 (11:05) 11-D. Bledsoe pass to 82-J. Reed to DAL 43 for 2 yards (97-L.Glover). Quick out left sideline on the play.

4-4-DAL 43 (10:27) 8-B. Moorman punts 14 yards to DAL 29, Center-54-J. Dorenbos, downed by BUF-35-J. Burns.

Buffalo Bills at 6:21

1-10-BUF 29 (6:21) 11-D. Bledsoe pass incomplete (59-D.Nguyen). Nguyen hit Bledsoe as his arm was going forward, according to the official's call.

Timeout #1 by BUF at 06:19.

2-10-BUF 29 (6:18) 20-T. Henry left guard to BUF 40 for 11 yards (31-R.Williams). R12

1-10-BUF 40 (5:43) 11-D. Bledsoe pass incomplete to 80-E. Moulds. Pass lofted left sideline incomplete at the Dallas 35; Edwards was the closest defender on the play.

2-10-BUF 40 (5:37) 20-T. Henry left end to DAL 48 for 12 yards (27-M.Edwards). R13

PENALTY on DAL-27-M.Edwards, Face Mask (15 Yards), 15 yards, enforced at DAL 48. X14

1-10-DAL 33 (5:06) 11-D. Bledsoe pass to 80-E. Moulds to DAL 26 for 7 yards (31-R.Williams). Slant from left end.

2-3-DAL 26 (4:32) 20-T. Henry left tackle to DAL 25 for 1 yard (51-A.Singleton; 91-L.Carson).

3-2-DAL 25 (3:46) 11-D. Bledsoe sacked at DAL 29 for -4 yards (sack split by 98-G.Ellis and 90-E.Ogbogu). FUMBLES (98-G.Ellis), RECOVERED by DAL-59-D.Nguyen at DAL 30. 59-D.Nguyen to DAL 30 for no gain (70-T. Teague).

Buffalo Bills at 1:59

1-10-BUF 22 (1:59) 11-D. Bledsoe pass incomplete to 80-E. Moulds. Pass thrown right sideline at the Buffalo 22; Newman was the closest defender on the play.

2-10-BUF 22 (1:57) 20-T. Henry up the middle to BUF 32 for 10 yards (28-D.Woodson). R15

1-10-BUF 32 (1:27) 20-T. Henry right tackle to BUF 35 for 3 yards (64-D.Stewart).

2-7-BUF 35 (:50) 20-T. Henry right end pushed ob at BUF 39 for 4 yards (59-D.Nguyen).

3-3-BUF 39 (:21) 11-D. Bledsoe pass to 31-S. Morris to BUF 35 for -4 yards (98-G.Ellis).

Buffalo Bills continued.

4-7-BUF 35 (15:00) 8-B. Moorman punts 41 yards to DAL 24, Center-54-J. Dorenbos. 84-J.Galloway ran ob at DAL 39 for 15 yards (28-K. Thomas). Return right sideline.

Buffalo Bills at 14:26

1-10-BUF 17 (14:26) 20-T. Henry right end to BUF 17 for no gain (93-K.Coleman).

2-10-BUF 17 (13:47) 11-D. Bledsoe pass incomplete to 80-E. Moulds. Pass thrown deep right sideline; ball incomplete at the 50; Newman was the closest defender on the play.

3-10-BUF 17 (13:42) 11-D. Bledsoe pass to 89-S. Aiken to BUF 15 for -2 yards (41-T.Newman).

4-12-BUF 15 (13:06) 8-B. Moorman punts 49 yards to DAL 36, Center-54-J. Dorenbos. 84-J.Galloway to DAL 43 for 7 yards (24-T. McGee). Return right side of the field.

Buffalo Bills at 11:25

1-10-BUF 17 (11:25) 11-D. Bledsoe pass incomplete to 80-E. Moulds. Pass thrown left sideline at the Buffalo 23; Edwards was the closest defender on the play.

2-10-BUF 17 (11:21) 20-T. Henry up the middle to BUF 17 for no gain (97-L.Glover).

3-10-BUF 17 (10:38) 11-D. Bledsoe pass incomplete to 81-B. Shaw. Pass thrown left side at the Buffalo 40; Woodson closest; heavy pressure up the middle.

4-10-BUF 17 (10:34) 8-B. Moorman punts 42 yards to DAL 41, Center-54-J. Dorenbos. 84-J.Galloway to BUF 50 for 9 yards (24-T. McGee). Return right side of the field.

Buffalo Bills at 8:58

1-10-BUF 11 (8:58) 11-D. Bledsoe pass incomplete to 82-J. Reed (41-T.Newman). Quick slant right end.

2-10-BUF 11 (8:55) 20-T. Henry left end pushed ob at BUF 12 for 1 yard (21-D.Ross).

3-9-BUF 12 (8:27) 11-D. Bledsoe pass incomplete to 80-E. Moulds. Quick slant left end; Edwards was the closest defender on the play.

4-9-BUF 12 (8:24) 8-B. Moorman punts 42 yards to DAL 46, Center-54-J. Dorenbos, downed by BUF-52-D. Polk.

Buffalo Bills at 3:54

1-10-BUF 20 (3:54) 11-D. Bledsoe pass incomplete to 82-J. Reed. Pass thrown right sideline incomplete at the Buffalo 25; Newman was the closest defender on the play.

2-10-BUF 20 (3:51) 20-T. Henry right end to BUF 23 for 3 yards (97-L.Glover). FUMBLES (97-L.Glover), recovered by BUF-84-M. Campbell at BUF 20. 84-M. Campbell to BUF 20 for no gain (97-L.Glover).

3-10-BUF 20 (3:02) 11-D. Bledsoe pass to 81-B. Shaw pushed ob at BUF 23 for 3 yards (28-D.Woodson).

4-7-BUF 23 (3:02) 8-B. Moorman punts 54 yards to DAL 23, Center-54-J. Dorenbos. 84-J.Galloway to DAL 28 for 5 yards (24-T. McGee). Return left end.

4 First downs in the second half---the last 4 drives --- 3 and out. Drew's line 17-34 for 85 yards passing...3 sacks, 2 fumbles...

Coach Parcells is sniffing a bit too much of his own genius or is preoccupied by his man breasts if he thinks the promise land is anywhere in his future.

Coach Parcells is sniffing a bit too much of his own genius or is preoccupied by his man breasts if he thinks the promise land is anywhere in his future.

415471[/snapback]

Bringing in the "new guy" to prop up the company image is common in business, as well in sports - folks invest money, fans buy tickets, the CEO gets less heat by hiring the next company president that will turn things around...

Old hat...see TD :huh:

Bringing in the "new guy" to prop up the company image is common in business, as well in sports - folks invest money, fans buy tickets, the CEO gets less heat by hiring the next company president that will turn things around...

Old hat...see TD  :D

415478[/snapback]

:huh: But 2 and a half more years of evidence of futility came with this version of Drew....at least TD had the sympathy factor from the Mo Lewis hit and the Steelers AFC championship game performance to lean on...

Drew may quickly learn that Cowboy fans are just as critical as Bills fans with one big difference--a full gun rack in the back of the pick-up...

Parcells, on the other hand, is an idiot for thinking that Bledsoe will get him to the promised land.

415414[/snapback]

Great. Now, Parcells is an idiot. If it wasn't for that idiot, my Bills would have a superbowl ring.

Are you truly that impressed with yourself that you will call a certain hall of fame coach an "idiot?" Compared to who, you? :devil:

You should live within your means and stick around here; where you can gang up on the helpless like BFII, and berate the posts of others in order to feel good about yourself.

Great. Now, Parcells is an idiot. If it wasn't for that idiot, my Bills would have a superbowl ring.

Are you truly that impressed with yourself that you will call a certain hall of fame coach an "idiot?" Compared to who, you?  :devil:

You should live within your means and stick around here; where you can gang up on the helpless like BFII, and berate the posts of others in order to feel good about yourself.

415546[/snapback]

Parcells isnt an idiot, but picking up bledsoe and thinking he can re-energize him of change him was an idiotic move...

Are you truly that impressed with yourself that you will call a certain hall of fame coach an "idiot?" Compared to who, you?  :devil:

415546[/snapback]

Were you not watching the Bills play football games the last three seasons?

I agree with LA, Bill's an idiot for thinking Drew's still got it.

We shall see my friend.  As you know, Parcells has coached him already. The man knows how to coach, and he is not a rookie.  :devil:

415555[/snapback]

I will agree with you that if anyone can make Drew play above what he has shown the last 2 and a half years--Parcells is probably the coach to do it. This being said, if Drew leads them to a championship, Parcells deserves a special Nobel prize, Time man of the year, Sportsman of year, and maybe a grammy, emmy and people's choice award for resurrecting the dead....and changing the world... :lol:

Wasn't it Dallas that was the Bills trading partner that brought us JP Losman? Think they wish they had Losman in their camp now? TD pulling one over on Parcells and the Cowboys...brilliant!!

415446[/snapback]

This declaration might be a tad bit premature. But then I don't like kool-aid,

so what do I know?

We shall see my friend.  As you know, Parcells has coached him already. The man knows how to coach, and he is not a rookie.  :devil:

415555[/snapback]

The Tuna WAS a good coach when he had Belichek running things for him.

He hasn't been nearly as successful since Belichek bolted the Jets for NE.

Now he is just like Drew, an outdated relic living off of his reputation.