Players released per V-Coach

If I recall, Jason Peters was cut on the first cut down day last year. He then went to the Giants for the last week of training camp and only after they cut him, and no one claimed him, did a few teams try to sign him to their practice squad and he chose to sign with the Bills. I recall surmising that the Bills tried to sneak him through the cuts, figuring another team wouldn't pick him up but the Giants did and I thought we lost him.

414630[/snapback]

Where did you come up with that from?

Peters was cut by the Bills, the Giants were MENTIONED as a possible landing spot, he never signed with the Giants, never got cut by the Giants & when the teams signed their practice squads, Peters signed with the Bills practice squad.

Where did you come up with that from? 

Peters was cut by the Bills, the Giants were MENTIONED as a possible landing spot, he never signed with the Giants, never got cut by the Giants & when the teams signed their practice squads, Peters signed with the Bills practice squad.

414703[/snapback]

http://bills.scout.com/2/318493.html

The Bills cut him around September 1st, the second last cut down, not the final one. The Giants brought him in and he worked out for them. I thought they signed him and let him play for a week but perhaps not. Then a week later, after the second and final cut down, and right before the season, the Bills signed him to the practice squad. The point was mainly that he didnt survive to the final cut (The Bills released him earlier than necessary) and that there were other teams trying him out and vying for him. I thought the Giants signed him briefly in the interim but I cannot find a record of that.

DT  LaWaylon Brown - OL Geir Gudmundson - DB Daniel Leger - WR Will Peoples - OL David Pruce and DB Marvin Ward

414614[/snapback]

LaWaylon, Geir, Daniel, Will, David, and Marvin, we hardley knew ye

who were you again?

trying to pronounce Gudmundson reminds me of that scene from Office Space

Gud?

Gudmund?

Gud?

Gudmundso-not-gonna-be-working-here-anymore

I've heard of teams cutting people early on that they know are raw, but PS worthy, so they can use the rest of camp to concentrate on the players that are fighting to make the team outright.

I've heard that as well. It's also to get other teams to think the players are so bad, because they're being released first.