swift-boating cindy sheehan

I think the meat of my post countered his poorly-conceived argument quite well.

415623[/snapback]

That might be true. Yet, that "meat" should be able to stand by itself. Unfortunately IMO, it didn't.

True there are poorly conceived arguments and they should be countered with well conceived arguments.

That my friend, has been lost on you.

Oh well.

The thing that interested me most in the piece is the alleged circumstances around Casey Sheehan's death. If the Iraqi "soldiers left the Americans to die in an ambush (Ghosts of the ARVN in Viet Nam) and they weren't provided body armor or vehicles appropriate for the situation, and if they were on a mission to "look for" wmd's that the higher ups knew or should have known weren't there...I'd be a pissed off parent too. Eight years of service assumes good faith on the part of the folks that put you in harm's way. Even commercial law recognizes "unclean hands." The eight years argument could be used to justify the folks who pushed other folks into gas chambers.

The thing that interested me most in the piece is the alleged circumstances around Casey Sheehan's death.  If the Iraqi "soldiers left the Americans to die in an ambush (Ghosts of the ARVN in Viet Nam) and they weren't provided body armor or vehicles appropriate for the situation, and if they were on a mission to "look for" wmd's that the higher ups knew or should have known weren't there...I'd be a pissed off parent too.  Eight years of service assumes good faith on the part of the folks that put you in harm's way.  Even commercial law recognizes "unclean hands."  The eight years argument could be used to justify the folks who pushed other folks into gas chambers.

416461[/snapback]

Sheehan's a nutcase. Get over it.

By the way, when did "swift-boating" because a verb and what does it mean?

I would assume it means questioning the credibility of someone from the perspective of actually knowing the person BEFORE they became a celeb.

Ah...so that's the justification for her kid getting killed.  Should have guessed.

416475[/snapback]

Who said THAT?!?!?!? :devil::blush::lol:

It is however, justification for not putting too much weight in her 15 minutes of fame. The Bush hater crowd is stroking it as furiously as possible with 'tipping point' predictions and other such nonsense.

Who said THAT?!?!?!?    :devil:  :blush:  :lol:

It is however, justification for not putting too much weight in her 15 minutes of fame.  The Bush hater crowd is stroking it as furiously as possible with 'tipping point' predictions and other such nonsense.

416482[/snapback]

Tenny has a habit of making sh-- up when the truth doesn't fit his agenda.

By the way, when did "swift-boating" because a verb and what does it mean?

I would assume it means questioning the credibility of someone from the perspective of actually knowing the person BEFORE they became a celeb.

416473[/snapback]

BTW, when did "because" *ahem* become *ahem* a verb and what does it mean? :devil:

I would say that's accurate, only add in that it is conducted via a partisan half-truth smear campaign. Who's going to protect it as a certified Trademark, and therefore a noun in all cases? The Navy?

I would say that's accurate, only add in that it is conducted via a partisan half-truth smear campaign.

416498[/snapback]

So, "swift-boating" is synonymous with "MoveOn.Org'ing?"

Ah...so that's the justification for her kid getting killed.  Should have guessed.

416475[/snapback]

Her son signed a contract to be a military man.

He signed said contract knowing the risks.

He paid the ultimate sacrifice, and for that I shall be grateful to his legacy.

His mother is abusing his honorable death for dubious, even irrational political purposes.