Packers Crying about us Blitzing

Anyone else annoyed by the various articles about the Packers "crying" that they didn't expect us to blitz so much, it was only a scrimmage. Do they understand that this is a game. You play each game to win. You should hold nothing back. No one will excel holding back. They should have learned a thing or two by the domination the Defense of the Bills had over them. My prediction is that, with the metality that Sherman and some of the other Packers have, the Packers will be mediocre at best this year. Hang in there Sherman, its going to be a long season. Many teams will be blitzing you. Especially this Saturday night!

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for starting a thread about this - it needs to be addressed. What a bunch of losers they sound like. Can you imagine if that was your squad, and your vets and coaches were crying to the media about how they weren't ready to handle another NFL defense? It's really, really pathetic - I'll say it: with the exception of the Eagles, the NFC is SOFT.

This is the media who is creating this story. ONe coach mentioned in passing that the Bills did blitz alot. That is it that is the whole story. The media has turned it into something else. Sherman himself said he didn't mind and wouldn't want them to not use their regular defense.

That's a big reason why I was glad to hear Mularkey say he wished the Colts would have had their best players available for the game last week. I'm a huge Favre fan, but if the Pack are whining about facing our D then that is a clear indication of why we wiped our asses with them in the scrimmage.

I love the team that TD and company have put together, and I really think we're going to knock some heads this year.

I was just shocked to read more than 1 article about this. I read the first one and it seemed like Favre was like whatever. It seems like he realizes his team is a bunch of scrubs and they are going nowhere. Sherman seems like a bottom heavy moron. He said "we didn't expect that." Did he not expect the Bills to play 11 players on the field at one time as well? OR Should it not have been allowed for our receivers to wear cleats, only socks. What a jack@ss!

Anyone else annoyed by the various articles about the Packers "crying" that they didn't expect us to blitz so much, it was only a scrimmage.  Do they understand that this is a game.  You play each game to win.  You should hold nothing back.  No one will excel holding back.  They should have learned a thing or two by the domination the Defense of the Bills had over them.  My prediction is that, with the metality that Sherman and some of the other Packers have, the Packers will be mediocre at best this year.  Hang in there Sherman, its going to be a long season.  Many teams will be blitzing you.  Especially this Saturday night!

412553[/snapback]

Not true at all, they said they were not prepared in the scrimmage but they would be in the pre-season game. I saw no whining.

Not true at all, they said they were not prepared in the scrimmage but they would be in the pre-season game.  I saw no whining.

412576[/snapback]

There were about 4 articles. And it seems that the 7 other people who also posted believe it my way too.

This is the media who is creating this story.  ONe coach mentioned in passing that the Bills did blitz alot.  That is it that is the whole story.  The media has turned it into something else.  Sherman himself said he didn't mind and wouldn't want them to not use their regular defense.

412566[/snapback]

Buffalo doesn't hold a monopoly on idiots in the sports reporting world I guess....

Scrimmages have a lot of things negotiated in them. It's a two-team practice, not a real game. If Green Bay didn't want so much blitzing, they could have worked it out with the Bills before-hand. They didn't, so they got what our defense does.

I remember Todd Collins first pre-season game vs Pittsburgh several years ago. Bills were lucky Collins left that game intact. The Steelers blitzed on just about every play. Don't remember the Bills crying about it.

What's the point of having a scrimmage, practice, preseasom game? Its to prepare you for what is going to happen during Sundays throughout the season. Teams can do whatever they want on Sunday. They can blitz every down if they want. It's obvious the Packers can't and won't be able to handle it. They need an excuse so if the Bills blitz again, which they will, it will seem like a better team is beating up on a crap team!

Anyone else annoyed by the various articles about the Packers "crying" that they didn't expect us to blitz so much, it was only a scrimmage. 

412553[/snapback]

It's funny, but I see their point a bit. They invited us to their Family Night scrimage, which up to this year had essentially been a glorified autograph session/marketing promotion, and we embarased them by kicking sand in their face.

Is that the Bills fault? No, no way. We had our agenda (send a message about our "D" to the rest of the league) and they had theirs (sell merchandise).

That Sherman's team was unprepared is not our fault. But we were still "invited guests" in his house (unlike a league-scheduled game) and we made him look bad. I doubt we'll get asked back in the future, but hey, **** happens. :)

I have a sneaking suspicion that if the Packers were a Bills kind of blitzing team and we weren't, and the Bills weren't prepared for it, and JP Losman was never given a chance to get the ball off because the Packers were blitzing all over the place, TSW would implode over the fact that the Packers were cheaters and you NEVER do that in scrimmages and that's total bush league bullschitt. :)

I have a sneaking suspicion that if the Packers were a Bills kind of blitzing team and we weren't, and the Bills weren't prepared for it, and JP Losman was never given a chance to get the ball off because the Packers were blitzing all over the place, TSW would implode over the fact that the Packers were cheaters and you NEVER do that in scrimmages and that's total bush league bullschitt. :)

412606[/snapback]

No we'd complain about how bad the o-line sucks, just like we always do.

Great Favre quote

``I was hoping that we wouldn't play them again,'' said Favre, whose Green Bay Packers head to Buffalo for a preseason game Saturday. ``I say we got whipped. ... I don't know if there's a whole lot of value in getting your butts kicked, but it is a challenge

:)