Raiders Could Give Up 50

plenzmd1

Okay, I do not know this guy from a hole in the wall, but losing a starter on that D cannot be a good thing.

And, can Grant Irons really play OLB.

Starting outside linebacker Sam Williams tore a knee ligament Thursday during a practice with the Houston Texans.

Raiders coach Norv Turner said Williams tore an anterior cruciate ligament, but was unsure which knee was injured.

Grant Irons will likely start in his place.

Raiders coach Norv Turner said Williams tore an anterior cruciate ligament, but was unsure which knee was injured.

412099[/snapback]

:devil:

"Which knee hurts Sam?"

"I can't remember coach, I think it's this one..."

Wow, the Raiders have Grant Irons and Jay Foreman starting on their Defense...all they need now is Corey Moore and they'll complete their triumvirate of "not quite good enough" Bills players.

412179[/snapback]

If Robbins hangs around there, Moore could get shot in the groin again.

Dudes... just remember... their DC is a Belichick/Crennell disciple and he has a year under his belt with them. They've gone to a 3-4 defense. We know Foremen is a solid LB in a 3-4 alignment haven proven it in Buffalo and Houston. We don't know if Grant Irons can play at OLB, but if he's listed at that position, it has to be bonafide. His father, Gerald, was a very good LB for the Raiders in the late 60's... so the dude has a pedigree of some sort. Plus Greggo liked him because he was one of them there "high motor, up the field" smallish defensive end guys. I find it hard to believe that they list Irons at 6'6' 285 . If my memory serves me correct, when he was with the Bills, he was listed closer to 6'3 260.

Also, Randy Moss is spouting off proudly about how he still smokes maryjane "once a blue moon." Too bad Wicky wasn't traded to Oakland; they could be smoking buddies, set up a hemp shop and braid each other's hair.

412154[/snapback]

thats actually really funny, because tonites full moon is considered a "blue moon", its the last one until '07 or '08

thats actually really funny, because tonites full moon is considered a "blue moon", its the last one until '07 or '08

412410[/snapback]

?? I always understood a "blue moon" to be the second of two full moons in the same calendar month (ex. full moons on 1st and 29th, one on 29th is the full moon).

This site seems to support that with an additional definition that has them show up seasonally.

In either case I don't get how a.) tonight's full moon (if it is tonight) could be considered a "blue moon" (maybe by the alternate def...), and especially b.) how this could be the last "blue moon" until '07 or '08...

Also, Randy Moss is spouting off proudly about how he still smokes maryjane "once a blue moon." Too bad Wicky wasn't traded to Oakland; they could be smoking buddies, set up a hemp shop and braid each other's hair.

412154[/snapback]

ROTFLMMFAOSMP!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Post of the year. :blink:

??  I always understood a "blue moon" to be the second of two full moons in the same calendar month (ex. full moons on 1st and 29th, one on 29th is the full moon).

This site seems to support that with an additional definition that has them show up seasonally.

In either case I don't get how a.) tonight's full moon (if it is tonight) could be considered a "blue moon" (maybe by the alternate def...), and especially b.) how this could be the last "blue moon" until '07 or '08...

412425[/snapback]

yah i know of that definition as well...and you are correct...i am going by what the radio said this morning that tonites full moon was a blue moon, and there wouldnt be another til then...but then again, this IS the south, and your average person here is a moron, so chances are the DJ's had no idea what the hell they were talking about...

yah i know of that definition as well...and you are correct...i am going by what the radio said this morning that tonites full moon was a blue moon, and there wouldnt be another til then...but then again, this IS the south, and your average person here is a moron, so chances are the DJ's had no idea what the hell they were talking about...

412534[/snapback]

Dan's right, your radio's wrong.

http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2004/07jul_bluemoon.htm