Would you support a bill that would...

with respect to illegal immigration?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. with respect to illegal immigration?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

There is much talk about this these days. I wonder just what the results would be of a nationwide poll.

I am not talking about deporting anyone, or building a giant wall.

This bill would give the military the go-ahead to patrol, apprehend, and deport anyone who tries to enter the US illegally.

If you do not support this viewpoint, what type of policy do you think we should adopt? It is clear that something must be done and that we cannot continue as is for too much longer....

Oh....you mean the poll wasn't just to find out who had an opinion and who didn't?

:lol:

I think I know which side our government takes. The other day I was driving into downtown Stamford. There's a place off the highway were the illegals have always hung out to get picked up for work. Only this time I noticed there is now a street sign that says 'Day Labor Pick Up Zone'. I guess no one around me is cracking down on the illegals. Of course, someone's got to mow those big lawns.

Not only was my original vote wiped out, but it won't let cast another one.  Is it because I'm mexican?  What kind of racist crap is this?

411940[/snapback]

No. I am suppressing the Libertard vote. :devil:

Oh yeah, sure, why not? And we can build a huge wall along the north and south borders and 1000 years from now people can wonder what it was like to live in a country where everyone was so afraid of the outside....

Puhlease. All this fear and suspicion is unAmerican. If the borders had been closed 150 years ago most of you wouldn't be here.

Of course I would because my family landed in 1658. It was nice of us to let YOUR forebears in, wasn't it? 0:)

Yes, we need to close our borders. While we are at it, do something to stop cubans from coming here illegally as well.

I am all for immigration. But it needs to be done legally. Illegal immigration is hurting our culture and our economy, and it needs to be stopped.

Oh yeah, sure, why not?  And we can build a huge wall along the north and south borders and 1000 years from now people can wonder what it was like to live in a country where everyone was so afraid of the outside....

Puhlease.  All this fear and suspicion is unAmerican.  If the borders had been closed 150 years ago most of you wouldn't be here.

Of course I would because my family landed in 1658.  It was nice of us to let YOUR forebears in, wasn't it? 0:)

412969[/snapback]

1. There is a difference between legal immigration and illegal immigration. In the future, I hope you can recognize the difference without having to pull out the "racist" flag. Doing so only cheapens the debate.

2. I'm confused by this historically inaccurate comment, "all this fear and suspicion is unAmerican." Surely you forgot about all the fears and suspicions that Catholics faced during colonial times, Irish and Germans faced in the 1800's, Italians and Jews faced in the early 1900's, eastern Europeans faced in the McCarthy Era, Japanese and other Asians have faced throughout the twentieth century, blacks have faced since achieving freedom from slavery, and now Mexicans/Arabs face. Nothing can BE more American than fear, suspicion, stereotyping, and discrimination. I'm not defending this behavior; I'm just pointing out the facts.

3. You trivialize the border situation yet fail to realize that now there is a national defense element in play. It's not just Mexicans running in here to find work; there are hundreds of Middle Easterners who have been caught crossing from Mexico this year ALONE.

4. No need to further discuss the general drug/crime element and the financial draining of the American welfare system (a system I'm sure you hold so dear) that some of these illegals carry across with them.

5. The idea that illegals take the jobs that no other Americans want is not entirely true. There are lots of American teenagers and college students who could use the money that these illegals earn. And unlike the illegals, these Americans put this money back into the American economy instead of shuttling it down to Mexico.

6. Read up on some historical anthropology to learn about the problems that are created when one group joins a larger group but doesn't bother to assimilate with the larger one (through common language, common moral ideals, common views on law, common respect of cultural differences, common love of country, etc...). The collapse of the Roman Empire and even the Roman Republic would be a great place to start.

Oh yeah, sure, why not?  And we can build a huge wall along the north and south borders and 1000 years from now people can wonder what it was like to live in a country where everyone was so afraid of the outside....

Puhlease.  All this fear and suspicion is unAmerican.  If the borders had been closed 150 years ago most of you wouldn't be here.

Of course I would because my family landed in 1658.  It was nice of us to let YOUR forebears in, wasn't it? 0:)

412969[/snapback]

Smug B word.