Here's my Training Camp Report from yesterday PM

Mike32282

I figured I haven't done one lately and I couldn't sleep, so I wrote one up. <_<

------------------------------------------------------------

Today was another fast paced hard hitting day and it was the last of the double sessions. I was at the afternoon session where the players practiced on the nearest grass field and the Growney Stadium. The Buffalo Bills worked on a bunch of different drills and were in full pads today. There was definitely some nice hits as the players had a hard workout. The Bills worked on some individual drills, field goals, 7-on-7, 9-on-7, and some 11-on-11 drills this afternoon.

After the players got their stretching done, they split into their individual units. The offensive players went over to Growney Stadium, while the defensive players stayed at the grass practice fields. I watched the defensive backs work on some drills since they were right in front of me. They started out with pass deflection drills and would try to knock the ball down or catch it. A bunch of players just knocked it away, but a couple of them came down with it. Next, Jerry Gray intentionally threw the ball right to them and was trying to get them to intercept the ball. Eric King dropped one, and a couple of the undrafted rookies did too, but everyone else did a nice job getting it. Finally before their drills ended, the defensive backs works on their hitting skills. One of the assistants would hold a pad and the players would run full force into it, with their shoulders and try to tackle it like they would with a player. On the other side of the field, the defensive lineman worked on tackling the sled with Coach Tim Krumrie, while the Linebackers worked on intercepting passes. Takeo Spikes had a nice leaping grab to haul one in. CLICK HERE for MORE

Thanks Mike!  Glad to see Gandy had a good day.

410706[/snapback]

No problem. I've been watching him more lately and noticed him getting better and holding his own for pass blocking. I havent reported on him lately because he's done nothing to piss me off, but today he impressed me a bit.

No problem.  I've been watching him more lately and noticed him getting better and holding his own for pass blocking.  I havent reported on him lately because he's done nothing to piss me off, but today he impressed me a bit.

410718[/snapback]

Is he getting better or are our DE's regressing? <_<

Did they at least dress Shaud Williams in an effort to convince people to buy season tickets? :)

All the photos are in the gallery now.  :D

http://www.billszone.com/coppermine/thumbn...&page=1&sort=na

410752[/snapback]

Pic 50 -- of Parrish sticking his head into the huddle -- great to see. That is just what I'm looking for. And, wow, does he look small next to the tight end in that pic.

Thanks again, Mike. Good stuff.

so is the offense looking a lot better than it did at the begining of camp? from reading your reports it sure seems like they are (epsecially JP)

410829[/snapback]

or is it that the defense is doing worse? :D

so is the offense looking a lot better than it did at the begining of camp? from reading your reports it sure seems like they are (epsecially JP)

410829[/snapback]

yeah, I have noticed a big improvement from the beginning. They are streaky at times and the backup QBs were off a bit yesterday, but overall, they are all starting to gell. JP Losman has definitely improved from when he first came here.

yeah, I have noticed a big improvement from the beginning.  They are streaky at times and the backup QBs were off a bit yesterday, but overall, they are all starting to gell.  JP Losman has definitely improved from when he first came here.

411404[/snapback]

Well, I suppose when you have no place to go but up... :lol:

You said McGahee walked with a slight limp, but he always does, that's just how he walks.  Great job on the report, the Bills should higher you.

411458[/snapback]

and then they should lower you. :lol: