Some Quotes from when

Dr. K

systematic mass killings, Hussein invading surrounding countries with no end in site... a smaller version of Hitler if you will.

414324[/snapback]

What planet are you living on? Your Iraq must be different than ours. How many countries did Saddam invade?... No end in site?? On our planet, last I looked his forces were a shell of their former joke of an army after they tried to do Kuwait.

What planet are you living on? Your Iraq must be different than ours. How many countries did Saddam invade?... No end in site?? On our planet, last I looked his forces were a shell of their former joke of an army after they tried to do Kuwait.

414381[/snapback]

Good point. Kuwait should not count, nor serve as any indication as to what Saddam was about.

I see what you mean.

Good point. Kuwait should not count, nor serve as any indication as to what Saddam was about.

I see what you mean.

414447[/snapback]

The contrary... He invaded Kuwait, and raged war with neighboring Iran for years. But he was never a threat to dominate the region or take huge land masses. He crushed 100's of thousand of Kurds after Bush #1 FUK'ED them over, sure. But as tyrants go, he was among many who are still around doing the same thing but are a much greater threat to us. Little Saddam... He was an easy target, Had massive amounts of oil and the war was a cash cow for GOP backers. You have got to be a complete idiot not to see the light of day... or a lemming.

No Purpose?

Not ethnic cleansing???

You have got to be kidding.... right?

I guess the mass graves, systematic mass killings never happened. And it was not about the Serbs vs. the Albanians... it was about Milosevich invading the regions surrounding countries with no end in site... a smaller version of Hitler if you will. I was there, and I had relatives there as well (Christian Albanians). You have no clue what you are talking about on this one.

414161[/snapback]

Yeah, way to wait until that sh-- had almost completely run its course before "leading" the world to stopping it. Glad it also wasn't happing in various other places (at pretty much the exact same time) where the population had darker skin and to date we STILL haven't lifted a finger to help. Care to guess why?

He has far more of a clue than you do. As usual.

Yeah, way to wait until that sh-- had almost completely run its course before "leading" the world to stopping it.  Glad it also wasn't happing in various other places (at pretty much the exact same time) where the population had darker skin and to date we STILL haven't lifted a finger to help.  Care to guess why?

He has far more of a clue than you do.  As usual.

414771[/snapback]

It ran it's north/east course under Bush #1 and under Clinton's 1st admin. But as it expanded south Clinton stopped it. That's when the intensions were obvious, clear and determined to be regional domination and ethnic cleansing. As far as the latter... yes Darin, we all know that a humanitarian circumvention without a side dish of national interest to go along with it is politically an up hill battle with congress and our self serving society. It's really Sad. Clinton said it was his deepest regret. But why should it have to be a regret? Politics baby. But at least he said it. His beliefs and statements, which were very admirable, were of course too little too late and without follow up. Clinton, on many occasions (Sudan, Enviro) tried to put the onus on other leaders to act but failed to follow through with his own convictions. Talked it up great, but no delivery. To give him credit, he did deliver on many great domestic and international agendas... But as You say AD... A lot of promise... too little action.

NOW: Tell me AD... Who would YOU like to see in thee presidency?

Of course, you won't put yourself out there.... You'll play it safe with some casual remark and dismiss the question... just like the politicians you critisize.

:rolleyes:

The contrary... He invaded Kuwait, and raged war with neighboring Iran for years. But he was never a threat to dominate the region or take huge land masses.

414734[/snapback]

So we weren't justified going into Iraq because Hussein was never a threat to dominate the region or take huge land masses, despite the mass killings and regional aggression.

And yet, we WERE justified going into Bosnia DESPITE Milosevic never being a threat to dominate the region or take huge land masses, because of the mass killings and regional aggression?

You either need to take more drugs, or less. I'm not sure which.

So we weren't justified going into Iraq because Hussein was never a threat to dominate the region or take huge land masses, despite the mass killings and regional aggression.

YES, How can any GOP Lemming with an IQ over 80 believe that Saddam was a threat to take over the region???? Six words for your idiot mentality... Israel, Nukes, supreme Intel, overwhelming military.

Milosevic never being a threat to dominate the region or take huge land masses,

You are out of your friggen mind. You said "Milosevic never being a threat to dominate the region or take huge land masses" Are you on friggen drugs? Please... Little boys like you should stay over on the Stadium Wall. My god. :rolleyes:

YES, How can any GOP Lemming with an IQ over 80 believe that Saddam was a threat to take over the region???? Six words for your idiot mentality... Israel, Nukes, supreme Intel, overwhelming military.

You are scandalously ignorant, you know that? Why do you THINK we fought two wars against Iraq in thirteen years?

Oh yeah. Israel and oil.

You are out of your friggen mind. You said "Milosevic never being a threat to dominate the region or take huge land masses" Are you on friggen drugs? Please... Little boys like you should stay over on the Stadium Wall. My god. :rolleyes:

414900[/snapback]

Did you read the ENTIRE sentence, or just that clause? Try reading the ENTIRE sentence, not just part. Again, the ENTIRE sentence. That means, instead of starting in the middle and reading until you get confused, you start at the beginning and go ALL the way through to the end. Maybe with a dictionary on hand to help you with the big words.

Christ, I can't believe you apply this bull sh-- logic to one situation, deny it's identical application in another, and then call me an idiot when I parrot your reasoning back at you. IT'S YOUR REASONING, NUMBNUTS. Not mine. If you don't understand it...well, that would pretty much explain why you don't know what you're talking about then, wouldn't it? 0:)

You are scandalously ignorant, you know that?  Why do you THINK we fought two wars against Iraq in thirteen years? 

Oh yeah.  Israel and oil. 

Did you read the ENTIRE sentence, or just that clause?  Try reading the ENTIRE sentence, not just part.  Again, the ENTIRE sentence.  That means, instead of starting in the middle and reading until you get confused, you start at the beginning and go ALL the way through to the end.  Maybe with a dictionary on hand to help you with the big words. 

Christ, I can't believe you apply this bull sh-- logic to one situation, deny it's identical application in another, and then call me an idiot when I parrot your reasoning back at you.  IT'S YOUR REASONING, NUMBNUTS.  Not mine.  If you don't understand it...well, that would pretty much explain why you don't know what you're talking about then, wouldn't it?  0:)

414972[/snapback]

pwn3d :)

Well, you're certainly a lot of fun today.  Whatsamatta, still distraught over Roscoe's sprain/break/infection/VD/amputation or whatever it is?

410859[/snapback]

He's just mad because some police officers walked right past an Arab looking guy (turns out he was Hindu) carrying a backpack, and they didn't frisk him.

And yet, we WERE justified going into Bosnia DESPITE Milosevic never being a threat to dominate the region or take huge land masses, because of the mass killings and regional aggression? 

Oh Crap man, you are absolutely... stupid.

"Milosevic never being a threat to dominate the region or take huge land masse"

Are you out of your friggin GOP lemming mind?

That statement is enough to discredit anything you have to say on the subject.

Please... Go back to wherever you came from and pull the rock over your head.

Hey, Bush might come by so you can kiss his A$#@.

LEMMING!

The contrary... He invaded Kuwait, and raged war with neighboring Iran for years. But he was never a threat to dominate the region or take huge land masses. He crushed 100's of thousand of Kurds after Bush #1 FUK'ED them over, sure. But as tyrants go, he was among many who are still around doing the same thing but are a much greater threat to us. Little Saddam... He was an easy target, Had massive amounts of oil and the war was a cash cow for GOP backers. You have got to be a complete idiot not to see the light of day... or a lemming.

414734[/snapback]

Call me names as you will, but you are the one who is on this board having an argument against yourself.

>>>The contrary... He invaded Kuwait, and raged war with neighboring Iran for years. But he was never a threat to dominate the region or take huge land masses.<<<

Yeah, the above makes a ton of sense. Thanks for the clarification! :huh::D

Call me names as you will, but you are the one who is on this board having an argument against yourself.

>>>The contrary... He invaded Kuwait, and raged war with neighboring Iran for years. But he was never a threat to dominate the region or take huge land masses.<<<

Yeah, the above makes a ton of sense. Thanks for the clarification!  :huh:  :P

415097[/snapback]

You can't expect Buckey to actually carry a thought from one sentence to another, do you? :D

READ.  THE.  ENTIRE.  SENTENCE. 

:huh:

415126[/snapback]

Here's your whole sentence goof ball.

"And yet, we WERE justified going into Bosnia DESPITE Milosevic never being a threat to dominate the region or take huge land masses, because of the mass killings and regional aggression?"

Who ever said that Milosevic was NOT a threat to dominate the region and take huge land masses? YOU DID. And... I stated the you are wrong.

Why can't you understand what you read?

Here's your whole sentence goof ball.

"And yet, we WERE justified going into Bosnia DESPITE Milosevic never being a threat to dominate the region or take huge land masses, because of the mass killings and regional aggression?"

Who ever said that Milosevic was NOT a threat to dominate the region and take huge land masses? YOU DID. And... I stated the you are wrong.

Why can't you understand what you read?

415474[/snapback]

Milosevic was going to dominate a region and take over a huge land mass? What would that be, Macedonia? Albania?

Please. Go be stupid somewhere else.

Milosevic was going to dominate a region and take over a huge land mass? What would that be, Macedonia? Albania?

How about Bosnia, Herzegovina, Croatia, Romania, Bulgaria, Slovenia, Montenegro, Macedonia, or say 6,000 square miles in the heart of Europe.

In 1988 Slobodan Milosevic, the Serbian Communist Party chief began his aggression.

Our Coalition's actions most likely prevented a much wider war, defused a power keg at the heart of Europe that has exploded twice before this century, with catastrophic results.

Why must you be a child when you obviously have much to learn still.

How about Bosnia, Herzegovina, Croatia, Romania, Bulgaria, Slovenia, Montenegro, Macedonia, or say 6,000 square miles in the heart of Europe.

In 1988 Slobodan Milosevic, the Serbian Communist Party chief began his aggression.

Our Coalition's actions most likely prevented a much wider war, defused a power keg at the heart of Europe that has exploded twice before this century, with catastrophic results.

Why must you be a child when you obviously have much to learn still.

415732[/snapback]

Yeah, Milosevic was threatening Romania and Bulgaria. :devil: What planet are you from?

Yeah, Milosevic was threatening Romania and Bulgaria.   :devil:  What planet are you from?

415776[/snapback]

What makes you (maybe the only one on earth) think he wouldn't have been a threat to them?

You just don't give up do you? You must be into all kinds of self abuse.

What makes you (maybe the only one on earth) think he wouldn't have been a threat to them?

You just don't give up do you? You must be into all kinds of self abuse.

415879[/snapback]

Romania and Bulgaria have back up. Milo knew that. Sorry, although tragic this situation doesn't compare with the one in the middle east. It's called oil - the black stuff the world's economy depends on. As you yourself mentioned, this is a regional conflict that the US basically didn't have any reason to take the lead on. This could have been prosecuted without falling under the auspices of NATO (which technically under the NATO charter wasn't exactly legal either, but we're talking an administration that had a wonderful understanding of lawyers and TV time.)

Romania and Bulgaria have back up. Milo knew that. Sorry, although tragic this situation doesn't compare with the one in the middle east. It's called oil - the black stuff the world's economy depends on. As you yourself mentioned, this is a regional conflict that the US basically didn't have any reason to take the lead on. This could have been prosecuted without falling under the auspices of NATO (which technically under the NATO charter wasn't exactly legal either, but we're talking an administration that had a wonderful understanding of lawyers and TV time.)

415916[/snapback]

Agreed on all points, but even without those invasions (and we cannot dismiss the possibility) it could have been horribly tragic and a major decline in stability throughout Europe. Not to mention a growing concern of threat to peace there for years to come and something that may have been much more difficult to deal with down the road... Hitler, Kim Jong, Saddam, etc.

Agreed on all points, but even without those invasions (and we cannot dismiss the possibility) it could have been horribly tragic and a major decline in stability throughout Europe. Not to mention a growing concern of threat to peace there for years to come and something that may have been much more difficult to deal with down the road... Hitler, Kim Jong, Saddam, etc.

415957[/snapback]

Let's leave out the tragic part (just about everything everywhere is tragic). It was still a European regional issue. I don't follow where you think it would have been so destabilizing to Europe at large. Most of Europe didn't think so, or they would have acted.

Our military is supposed to be used to further, support or protect our policy, security and interests. As partisan as it sounds, Clinton HAD no policy. I'm sure you can google something, but it will be hogwash when put to the test. A much stronger case can easilly be made for our position in the middle east, than can be said for the Balkans.

Let's leave out the tragic part (just about everything everywhere is tragic). It was still a European regional issue. I don't follow where you think it would have been so destabilizing to Europe at large. Most of Europe didn't think so, or they would have acted.

415973[/snapback]

Great. Now he's going to counter with "Well, Iraq wasn't destabilizing to the Middle East, so why'd we invade them?", demonstrating once again that he's almost totally clueless... :devil:

Our military is supposed to be used to further, support or protect our policy, security and interests. As partisan as it sounds, Clinton HAD no policy. I'm sure you can google something, but it will be hogwash when put to the test. A much stronger case can easilly be made for our position in the middle east, than can be said for the Balkans.

415973[/snapback]

Everything everywhere is tragic? I don't think you can compare pure genocide, especially in the heart of the European Union to anything else that affects us directly... of course there is the Sudan and N. Korea. I disagree with that vs. Iraq. Iraq was ZERO threat to us, but to have a communist dictator hell bent on ethnic cleansing and domination in Europe was unacceptable. We disagree, fine, I can see your point of view, but given the same reasoning, Iraq is a joke. Let's put away the national threat and just look at the genocide... it was admirable for us to stop it. I agree with you that the EU, notthe US or NATO, should have taken the lead... but it seems we are always the ones to save the world... *sigh*

Great.  Now he's going to counter with "Well, Iraq wasn't destabilizing to the Middle East, so why'd we invade them?", demonstrating once again that he's almost totally clueless...  :devil:

415983[/snapback]

You are a moron... go away. Ya Iraq was a HUGE threat... ooooo all those nut jobs in pick up trucks and shot guns... Please, Israel would have pounded them better than we tried if it was necessary. Buy a clue. PLEASE just stop your GOP talking points... you are a lemming, fine, but keep your mantra to yourself.

You are a moron... go away. Ya Iraq was a HUGE threat... ooooo all those nut jobs in pick up trucks and shot guns... Please, Israel would have pounded them better than we tried if it was necessary. Buy a clue. PLEASE just stop your GOP talking points... you are a lemming, fine, but keep your mantra to yourself.

416003[/snapback]

Buckey...sorry, but you have either no ability or desire (both likely) to engage your brain in "strategic" thought. CTM is not nor ever will be a member of the GOP. what he does have is an ability to see things PAST the news clips.

I understand the Balkans are a personal issue to you, but when you have to make global implicating decisions, or at the least, think about what courses of action are in the best national interest, "genocide" of someone who is not providing you with something vital to your national interest is rarely a factor. The people who do this work for real, and either recommend or make these decisions understand and accept that. The only reason that dog had a chance to hunt is that there was a mass migration of older senior leadership combined with politically supportive appointments to replace them within the Pentagon. We are still feeling the pain of that, though after 5 years some folks who can at least play well together are getting into the decision process.

Buckey...sorry, but you have either no ability or desire (both likely) to engage your brain in "strategic" thought. CTM is not nor ever will be a member of the GOP. what he does have is an ability to see things PAST the news clips.

I understand the Balkans are a personal issue to you, but when you have to make global implicating decisions, or at the least, think about what courses of action are in the best national interest, "genocide" of someone who is not providing you with something vital to your national interest is rarely a factor. The people who do this work for real, and either recommend or make these decisions understand and accept that. The only reason that dog had a chance to hunt is that there was a mass migration of older senior leadership combined with politically supportive appointments to replace them within the Pentagon. We are still feeling the pain of that, though after 5 years some folks who can at least play well together are getting into the decision process.

416025[/snapback]

Thanks for your understanding. Yes, selfish reasons often are the catalist to our aggression. But I really believe that Milosevic was much more than a mass murderer. I belive he had grand intensions and large scale ambitions for many reasons. I think it was just and we did the right thing. I agree with your reasoning of why that "dog got to hunt", and I was appalled at his appointments to Thee military command posts, ie; fromer Carter men.... But really no one knows what monster would have been created and I believe we stopped a big one. As far as Saddam goes, we'll never know. He could have been a future WW3 instigator, or he could have been the beaten down tyrant that we new... But the manipulation of the American people to serve the special interests of "this dog" doesn't sit well with me at all. 200 billion, no guarantees we will have an ally, no end in sight, poor planning, and this is a MAJOR undertaking. If we fail, we will have created the biggest terrorist platform in the world.

SO, what ya got on the grill? I'm doing a Ribeye, with oak and pecan.

I wish I could get my hands on Lean Perrin's "Pure Blend" steak sauce, that was the best and I can't get it anymore. I know I know!! You make your own.... no store bought stuff! ha.

Peace brother.

416003[/snapback]

And Milosevic was a superpower.

Christ, you're stupid.

And Milosevic was a superpower. 

Christ, you're stupid.

416062[/snapback]

and so was saddam...

You stupid F.

Please stop taking up our time and just go away...

God you are such an idiot... or a moron, not sure yet.