Cheap laptops and thrills in Richmond, VA

VABills

THey have been fighting about this for months. Originally, they wanted to give them away to anyone, and they have people from NY, PA, NJ, etc coming down to get them. The taxpayers of Henrico actually paid for them with taxes and educational fees, so it ignited a super firestorm. Finally they said only people who live in City of Richmond and Henrico Co. could come and get them. I heard that a few thousand people showed up today, it must have been a nightmare...

THey have been fighting about this for months. Originally, they wanted to give them away to anyone, and they have people from NY, PA, NJ, etc coming down to get them. The taxpayers of Henrico actually paid for them with taxes and educational fees, so it ignited a super firestorm. Finally they said only people who live in City of Richmond and Henrico Co. could come and get them. I heard that a few thousand people showed up today, it must have been a nightmare...

408989[/snapback]

Saw video on the news this morning. People had to line up outside a fence first, which they opened at 7.00am, then sprint to another building on the RIR grounds to establish their place in line for when the 9.00am opening came. It was just hilarious watching on the news, as people with a scape to the knee were already talking about suing for millions due to the emotional strain.

I've been laughing about this for weeks. It has been one of largest news items around here. Today, people being injured a baby stroller being crushed. What a friggin joke. All for used POS laptop. Fuggin Richmond, and the heat index is one billion degrees lately!

Jesse Sandler said he was one of the people pushing forward, using a folding chair he had brought with him to beat back people who tried to cut in front of him.

"I took my chair here and I threw it over my shoulder and I went, 'Bam,"' the 20-year-old said nonchalantly, his eyes glued to the screen of his new iBook, as he tapped away on the keyboard at a testing station.

"They were getting in front of me and I was there a lot earlier than them, so I thought that it was just," he said.

408973[/snapback]

:blush:;):blink:

My wife just told me about this and I just saw it on the www, what a joke. We look like freekin idiots, a crap shoot for computers that were used by high school and middle school students for the last couple years, ALL SALES FINAL!

Hey NASCAR this is where you really need to put the NASCAR Hall of Fame. :D

People threw themselves forward, screaming and pushing each other. A little girl's stroller was crushed in the stampede. Witnesses said an elderly man was thrown to the pavement, and someone in a car tried to drive his way through the crowd.

Beautiful!

Darwin Award winners--all of them.

What part of "4 YEAR OLD LAPTOPS" didn't these idiots understand?  Wait until they start pissing and moaning about how they didn't get their moneys worth becuase they are old and beat up. <_<

409725[/snapback]

What annoys me the most about the whole mess is that it is going to cost the taxpayers in Henrico county, that is, ME. I am not sure how much money was wasted to organize this event, from the staff working, to the police, to actually renting the RIR facility. Now, I am sure these subhumans will sue the county for this debacle, and we will once again be stuck with the bill..... 0:)