Anyone pulling for Lefty?

Zona

I jumped off his bandwagon when he f'd up during the Ryder Cup last year after he changed clubs the week of the Cup.  His priorities shown through.

407264[/snapback]

Yeah, because Phil not switching clubs would have righted that ship. :blink:

Absolutely - my favorite player.

My ASU loyalties made me a Huge Mickelson fan from his college days. I hope he comes back after a rough Saturday to get the win today....

407212[/snapback]

It looks like Phil is choking, again.  I thought he only choked when he was head-to-head with Tiger. :blink:

407355[/snapback]

Hehe he has choked several times. But today is not over. He has played the back much better than the front. I say 6 under wins. hopefully its Phil...

No, he is just a little too "funny" for me. Can't stand Phil and his sh-- eating grin. Plus the fact that he and a lot of folks that try to pass him off as the best golfer. The guy has lucked into one major and pretty much been a choke artist his whole career. He has never even broken into the top 3 players in the world, and never been the #1 golfer. He reminds me too much of the love fest that announcers have for people like Michael Vick.

No, he is just a little too "funny" for me.  Can't stand Phil and his sh-- eating grin.  Plus the fact that he and a lot of folks that try to pass him off as the best golfer.  The guy has lucked into one major and pretty much been a choke artist his whole career. He has never even broken into the top 3 players in the world, and never been the #1 golfer.  He reminds me too much of the love fest that announcers have for people like Michael Vick.

407639[/snapback]

Too bad they didn't move back the start of yesterday's tee times so that everyone finished on Sunday. Minus 2 could have led to a huge playoff. With the night and calm conditions no way does that happen. Don't care who wins, but having the final groupings finish today is a huge advantage for them.

A choke artist? Are you kidding? 26 tour wins does not a choke artist make. It's one thing not to like somebody. There's nothing wrong with that. Hell, lots of people don't like Nicklaus. But to distort facts is a little funny.

I don't think anyone lucks into majors, either. As many times as he's finished in the top 10 in majors tells me that he's there quite a bit. That's not luck.

I don't think anyone tries to pass Phil off as the best golfer. That's clearly Tiger, and that won't change for many years.

No, he is just a little too "funny" for me.  Can't stand Phil and his sh-- eating grin.  Plus the fact that he and a lot of folks that try to pass him off as the best golfer.  The guy has lucked into one major and pretty much been a choke artist his whole career. He has never even broken into the top 3 players in the world, and never been the #1 golfer.  He reminds me too much of the love fest that announcers have for people like Michael Vick.

407639[/snapback]

407639[/snapback]

You should probably get your facts straight. Phil has been ranked 2nd in the world on several ocasions, and third in the world numerous times. He has not been the #1 player in the world, but with tiger being tiger, and Vijay playing every single tournament of the year, its almost impossible to be the top player.

You should probably get your facts straight. Phil has been ranked 2nd in the world on several ocasions, and third in the world numerous times. He has not been the #1 player in the world, but with tiger being tiger, and Vijay playing every single tournament of the year, its almost impossible to be the top player.

407660[/snapback]

Playing every week or not does not hurt nor help Vijay. This is especially true under the new system, where ranking and newer tourny results hurt or help at a more dramatic effect. I am not a Vijay fan, but the fact is he is a machine who plays well and can hurt himself a lot if he plays real poorly in a tourney without a lot of ranked players. Nor does it help him much if he wins with a ranked depleted field.

407639[/snapback]

Not sure where your resentment for Mickelson is coming from but he's got a tour record that most tour players would be happy to retire with. By your measure, he's a failure because he's not ranked #1, that's just absurd. You need to research his rankings as well, I believe he's been ranked #2.

As for labeling him a choke artist, I'm not sure that's entirely accurate. There are some rather good golfers on tour and sometimes they just play better! He's let a couple get away from him but he's far from a "choke artist".

The announcers have a "love fest" for him because he is one of the least pretentious, most accomodating guys on tour. He's also a HUGE NFL fan.