How does this look?

Just did this quickly. How does this look as a 53 man roster?

A few things that I might change is keeping 7 WR and 5 S. That's a lot but I think there's guys there that can do other stuff, PR and a S playing CB.

QB: JP Losman, Kelly Holcomb, Tory Woodbury

RB: Willis McGahee, Lionel Gates, Shaud Williams

FB: Daimon Shelton

WR: Eric Moulds, Lee Evans, Roscoe Parrish, Sam Aiken, Jonathan Smith, George Wilson, Drew Haddad

TE: Mark Campbell, Tim Euhus, Ryan Neufeld

OL: Mike Williams, Chris Villarrial, Trey Teague, Mike Gandy, Bennie Anderson, Justin Geisinger, Duke Preston, Ross Tucker, Jason Peters

DE: Aaron Schobel, Ryan Denney, Chris Kelsay, Constantin Ritzmann

DT: Sam Adams, Ron Edwards, Tim Anderson, Justin Bannan

LB: Takeo Spikes, London Fletcher, Jeff Posey, Josh Stamer, Mario Haggan, Angelo Crowell

CB: Nate Clements, Terrence McGee, Jabari Greer, Eric King, Kevin Thomas

S: Lawyer Milloy, Troy Vincent, Coy Wire, Rashad Baker, Jim Leonhard

K: Rian Lindell

P: Brian Moorman

LS: Jon Dorenbos

Just did this quickly.  How does this look as a 53 man roster?

A few things that I might change is keeping 7 WR and 5 S.  That's a lot but I think there's guys there that can do other stuff, PR and a S playing CB.

WR: Eric Moulds, Lee Evans, Roscoe Parrish, Sam Aiken, Jonathan Smith, George Wilson, Drew Haddad

OL: Mike Williams, Chris Villarrial, Trey Teague, Mike Gandy, Bennie Anderson, Justin Geisinger, Duke Preston, Ross Tucker, Jason Peters

LB: Takeo Spikes, London Fletcher, Jeff Posey, Josh Stamer, Mario Haggan, Angelo Crowell

406616[/snapback]

Why would we keep Haddad over Josh Reed?

I also don't think Leonhard will make the squad, although it'd be a nice story.

CW

I think Woodbury makes the practice squad and that Shane Matthews is the #3 QB.

I think we only keep 6 receivers - Josh Reed will be in that mix somewhere. I definitely think Aiken may squeeze out Haddad because he contributes a lot on special teams. Which is too bad, because Haddad is having a really good camp.

I think Goldsberry may make the squad as the back up FB - he's supposed to be really good on special teams.

I can't argue with that list too too much and see the positional numbers being the same, with the exception of taking away 1 S and putting in an extra LB'er (Ezekiel for Leonhard, who hopefully makes it to the PS). I don't see a need for a backup FB (Goldsberry can be PS'd), and Gates could do that I'm sure. Woodbury can't go to the PS, and I could see them keeping him over Matthews because he offers more than just an "oh spit" option at QB (ST's, WR, gimmick QB). And as for receivers, I would have said 6 originally, but with Roscoe's injury, it might have to be 7, unless they put him on the PUP list (and if they do I'll scream because it means they don't think he'll be back before week 6!). And I'd replace Haddad with Reed because Reed knows the system and Haddad as I recall annually looks good in camp/pre-season, but doesn't do much in the regular season. Lastly maybe Gause replaces Ritzmann. But there's still a lot of (pre-season) football left to be played.

my edits in bold cuts in red

A few things that I might change is keeping 7 WR and 5 S.  That's a lot but I think there's guys there that can do other stuff, PR and a S playing CB.

QB: JP Losman, Kelly Holcomb, Tory Woodbury shane matthews

FB: Daimon Shelton, jon goldsberry

WR: Eric Moulds, Lee Evans, Roscoe Parrish, Sam Aiken, Jonathan Smith, George Wilson, Drew Haddad josh reed

OL: Mike Williams, Chris Villarrial, Trey Teague, Mike Gandy, Bennie Anderson, Justin Geisinger, Duke Preston, Ross Tucker, Jason Peters, dylan mcfarland

406616[/snapback]

406616[/snapback]

Why would you keep 7 WR but only 9 OL.

Do we need 10 DB's? I'd keep 9, max.

24 defensive players

26 offensive players

3 special teamers

I don't know, hopefully those last few roster spots won't be guys who see much of the field besides special teams. I would keep the guys in blue but I made no additions.

406616[/snapback]

Where's Kevin Everett? I know he's on the pup list but there's no way he's not on the team. Unless People on pup don't count towards the 53 man roster I'm not sure. I'd replace Geisinger with Mcfarland. I'd replace Drew Hadad with Josh Reed, Ritzman with Gause, I'd knock off leonhard at safety and add Liam Ezekiel to lb, other than that I pretty much agree with your roster.

In general it is fine and I think it speaks highly of the Bills and our chances that the debates are about marginal players and back-ups for the most part. There are some critical questions still to be determined (among the many choices we have available what in fact will be the best one at LT) but in general its pretty good.

As far as specific reactions to your list:

1. I think its terribly popular to trash Reed right now. There are reports on his camp performance which range from folks saying that he dropped 5 of 12 balls thrown right at him to folks saying he has caught everything thrown at him.

All I can say is that I am waiting for tonights game and to see his real world performance in games. It is clear that the paid media is an unreliable reporter and their prime motivation of getting attention to make bucks may well be causing them to skew their reporting of the facts. Reed has certainly sucked the last two seasons due to droppsies the year before last and injuries and bruised confidence last year (though we expect and demand of pros that they play through these lapses.

The skewed reports that he can do nothing right strike me as ignoring the reality that he did actually perform and do a lot right as a rookie and that he isnot necessarily done yet despite the media looking to make a buck pretending to be tough guys by ragging on him and also that some fans seem to feed some self-inflated sense of self by ragging on a person who is far more athletically gifted and richer than they will ever be.

Reed will almost certainly never be a good enough player to be the #2 WR we hoped for when we cut PP go (which regardless of how Reed does will be a great move because that pick turned into WM). He may well be so haywire in terms of his confidence he may not even be able to be the #3 WR he was as a rookie. Yet, god has not finished with any of us yet and there is a chance that Reed will be as good of a player as he already has been.

2. The good things Woodbury showed in the scrimmage impressed me as well (it was not the laser arm which even impressive ones like his are not uncommon among the pros. The thing that he did which impressed me was the faking he did on the bootleg score. Players who can effectively do this at QB in the heat of battle are more rare. However, he will need to show a lot more before I would cut Matthews for him and try to get him on the PS rather than taking the risk of develping him quicker than he is ready by making him our #3.

3. Folks already seem to be done with Rashard Lee as a reserve RB and this may be correct as Parcells signed Thomas who we were after and was happy to cut Lee allowing us to get him. The second choice at best may not be Bills material, but I want to see him perform in an actual game before drawing this conclusion.

I feel Josh Reed will be cut. I am not a Reed hater, but I just have a feeling he won't be on the team.

As many people have said, if we're down to our third QB, we're screwed anyways, so I figure it might as well be Woodbury istead of Matthews, since Tory can do other things as well.

Everett was not on the list because when a player is placed on the PUP list, he does not count against the 53 man roster.

I do feel though that Ezekiel could be on the roster instead of Leonhard. The last decision I made was between those two.

I think its terribly popular to trash Reed right now.

406776[/snapback]

Actually, trashing Reed has been popular for nearly two years, and for good reason. Of course, THIS is the year he breaks out. You can only keep that kind of size, speed and soft hands down for so long.

:D

I think the decision will come down to whether to keep 9 or 10 OL, 6 or 7 LB's, or 1 or 2 FB's. I don't see them keeping 4 S's. So IMHO it will basically be between Geisinger (McFarland makes it ahead of him), Ezekiel, and Burns/Goldsberry. But I can't really see them keeping 2 FB's when Gates could fill-in, and I think having more OL is more important than LB's, and Ezekiel could probably be stashed on the PS easier than Geisinger.

No way we keep 7 WRs, it's likely to be 5, as it was last year, unless Parrish is out for an extended period of time. We may go with six until Parrish is completely healthy. Mcfarland is pretty much a lock unless we pick up another OT in FA, as peters is the only other back-up OT on the team, unless you count Teague. But if, say, MW goes down with an injury they are not going to put teague at RT and disrupt the line, they will go with McFarland.