Ross Verba

klang

Lets face it - Gandy is not going to realistically be the answer and Peters is a year off from being a serious contender for the job. Also, given some of the recent injuries to the line, it makes a lot of sense to make a move for Verba - even if it is a 1 year deal. The Bills are at least 1.5M under the cap. We need to get him into camp now and start taing reps.

I am also concerned about Losman's confidence regressing if he doesn't get blind-side protection. He isn't going to develop into a solid QB if he scrambles at the first sign of trouble, which seems to be the initial tendency from the Packs scrimmage and training camp.

Lets face it - Gandy is not going to realistically be the answer and Peters is a year off from being a serious contender for the job. Also, given some of the recent injuries to the line, it makes a lot of sense to make a move for Verba - even if it is a 1 year deal. The Bills are at least 1.5M under the cap. We need to get him into camp now and start taing reps.

I am also concerned about Losman's confidence regressing if he doesn't get blind-side protection. He isn't going to develop into a solid QB if he scrambles at the first sign of trouble, which seems to be the initial tendency from the Packs scrimmage and training camp.

405484[/snapback]

Are you in camp running O-line drills? Then how do you know Gandy's "not the answer?" Let's see a few pre-season games before we man the life rafts.

I can't understand why anyone would want Ross Verba on this team. The guy would rather party in Vegas than play football. You want to pay big bucks for a guy who's heart is not into playing? There is a reason this guy is out of a job.

PTR

He wants a lot of money. He spent over $400,000 to get out of Cleveland & then, according to ESPN radio he blew $500,000 in Vegas partying. He wants a multi-year deal with a big signing bonus & is willing to sit out the year if necessary. With Tucker back practicing, if Gandy doesn't cut it Teague will play LT this year & we'll draft a LT with our #1 pick next year-it's a tackle rich draft. One of the reasons TD was so adamant about getting a 1st day pick for Henry is he knows he might have to move up in the 1st to get a starting LT in the draft.

Unless Verba changes his demands or Gandy AND Teague bomb, Verba is not going to be signed.

Gandy,Verba, Peters, teague, your cousins newphews girlfriends fathers brothers son...... realistically no matter which one of these options you plug in at lt you're only looking at a one year stop gap, till you draft a lt next year. Verba isn't so great that we should be banging down his door with a contract in tow. If Gandy sucks which we don't know yet well than offer something to verba, but he's not worth breaking the bank for no offensive linemen is.

It is a fact that we have been hit with a rash of serious injuries. Though they hurt. the losses of a oft injured OL player who it is doubtful would have made the team and a reserve guard who I liked and was pleased he made the jump from the Ravens PS to start for us but who may well have not made the squad this tear are not horrible losses.

The nick that has kept Villarial out is the worse injury on the OL but as far as can be told he is being kept out as a precaution and the opening coincides nicely with the return of Tucker.

Tje OL situation is still unsettled which is not good. However, this particular set of injuries give us not more impetus to solve this problem than we had before and does not seem to seriously reduce the uncertain resources we had prior to the injuries. If we the braintrust did not want Verba before things are not so different that they should want him now.

And does anyone think that Verba is in playing shape?

405509[/snapback]

I think partying in Vegas with lots of food, alcohol and bikini models is a great training program. :D Every indication to me would seem that this would be an outstanding methodology to get in football shape.

Gandy,Verba, Peters, teague, your cousins newphews girlfriends fathers brothers son...... realistically no matter which one of these options you plug in at lt you're only looking at a one year stop gap, till you draft a lt next year.  Verba isn't so great that we should be banging down his door with a contract in tow.  If Gandy sucks which we don't know yet well than offer something to verba, but he's not worth breaking the bank for no offensive linemen is.

405514[/snapback]

Jason Peters is the long term LT-

and he may be the short term answer as well if he can remember the snap count. :D

Or that good.  It's not like there aren't teams that need a LT.  Why is he still not in a camp? 

Possibly, because he blows.  This is as dumb as LJ Shelton talk.

405629[/snapback]

Thank God TD didn't pull the trigger on the LJ Shelton deal....

Are you in camp running O-line drills?  Then how do you know Gandy's "not the answer?"  Let's see a few pre-season games before we man the life rafts. 

I can't understand why anyone would want Ross Verba on this team.  The guy would rather party in Vegas than play football.  You want to pay big bucks for a guy who's heart is not into playing?  There is a reason this guy is out of a job.

PTR

405503[/snapback]

I agree, I am not crazy about Gandy but whoever our starting left tackle is going to be, I think he is already on the roster. Gandy, Peters, Teague, somebody.