Man that picture of the Kelly family is sad.

The_Real

I don't suggest anyone look at it but it's on the front page in the pictures. The little girl crying and jim looking absolutely broken. Seriously wish I could give everyone in that family a hug from the community.

I had no idea that this guy meant so much to me. I'd looked at it like it was sad but sitting around today I thought about all the things I remember Jim for. All the admiration I had for him growing up. I'm 27 later this month and in the 80's when Football began to dominate my life, Jimbo was the man.

You just saw the determination in the man. That absolute will to win. Period. He just hated to lose and would do anything to win. As a kid watching that you can't help but want to emulate that. Back yard football games back then was where everyone wanted one shot under center to be #12 and bomb the ball down the bush row sideline.

Even at the end, I just thought that guy had an amazing will to succeed. Seeing him today in that photo was the first time I didn't see confidence dripping out his eyes.

That really broke me down to see him like that. Really sad. Really really sad. This guy will forever be special to this city. My most sincere prayers go to him and his family.

My wife and I just looked at that. Made we want to cry. It has got to be hard for any parent to bury their child.

Must be even harder for the two girls. Losing a sibbling so young just breaks the heart. Plus the younger one likely doesn't understand completely.

;)

Yeah I had trouble with looking at those pictures. Being a father it's my biggest nightmare that my son would die. It's a grief that I can't imagine, but think of from time to time. The fact that someone that brought me so many happy moments is going through this feeling, whether it was expected or not, bums me out. I'll be donating some money to Hunter's Hope and I hope that everyone here will do the same.

Yeah I had trouble with looking at those pictures.  Being a father it's my biggest nightmare that my son would die.  It's a grief that I can't imagine, but think of from time to time.  The fact that someone that brought me so many happy moments is going through this feeling, whether it was expected or not, bums me out.  I'll be donating some money to Hunter's Hope and I hope that everyone here will do the same.

403320[/snapback]

Just unbelievable grief. Remember when my mom died, and my brother and i both said that we could both take whatever life had to dish out, except the loss of a child. At least my parents never had to experiance that. God be with the Kelly family, and lets all pray they get through this over the next several years for the way God intended. My prayers are with them

Losing a child has to be the hardest thing on earth to go through. Kim and I have no children, and I've lost grandparents and a couple of friends my age, but I simply cannot comprehend what the Kelly family is going through.

May God be with them. In the coming days will be when it's hardest...especially for their daughters.

Mike

When someone dies, it seems to always be said "let us celebrate the life rather than mourn the death". Most times that is a very difficult thing to do. Although we mourn the loss of Hunter, celebrating his life is easier than most.

It seems to me that with most people, young or old, the true mourning is for things left undone or unsaid. Maybe you could have said "I love you" one more time, or the person could have achieved more. This is especially true with a child.

Hunter Kelly was a very loved person and he achieved more in his life than 99.9% of people ever will. I'm not just talking about what his parents did to help cure his disease, or even his obvious fight and iron will that should be a lesson for everyone.

His life, at least to me (and I'm sure to others), demonstrated the value of life itself. He opened people's eyes to what they take for granted. Simply being alive is the greatest gift of all. All of the other things that we surround ourselves with, some important, some not, are extras. Life is first and Hunter's demonstrates that. Some people might ask "what kind of life is that", or say "I wouldn't want to live that way, but not when it came to Hunter. He made it too obvious that statements like those were wrong.

It is my belief that there are signs in front of us everywhere that show how special we are and demonstrate the grandeur of life. Everyone misses them all the time. With Hunter, you couldn't help but see.

Of course he should be mourned, but he is simple to celebrate. Thanks Hunter.

(I didn't mean to be preachy. Sorry if I was.)

When someone dies, it seems to always be said "let us celebrate the life rather than mourn the death".  Most times that is a very difficult thing to do.  Although we  mourn the loss of Hunter, celebrating his life is easier than most.

It seems to me that with most people, young or old, the true mourning is for things left undone or unsaid.  Maybe you could have said "I love you" one more time, or the person could have achieved more.  This is especially true with a child.

Hunter Kelly was a very loved person and he achieved more in his life than 99.9% of people ever will.  I'm not just talking about what his parents did to help cure his disease, or even his obvious fight and iron will that should be a lesson for everyone. 

His life, at least to me (and I'm sure to others), demonstrated the value of life itself.  He opened people's eyes to what they take for granted.  Simply being alive is the greatest gift of all.  All of the other things that we surround ourselves with, some important, some not, are extras.  Life is first and Hunter's demonstrates that.  Some people might ask "what kind of life is that", or say "I wouldn't want to live that way, but not when it came to Hunter.  He made it too obvious that statements like those were wrong. 

It is my belief that there are signs in front of us everywhere that show how special we are and demonstrate the grandeur of life.  Everyone misses them all the time.  With Hunter, you couldn't help but see.

Of course he should be mourned, but he is simple to celebrate.  Thanks Hunter.

(I didn't mean to be preachy.  Sorry if I was.)

403406[/snapback]

Right on!

When someone dies, it seems to always be said "let us celebrate the life rather than mourn the death".  Most times that is a very difficult thing to do.  Although we  mourn the loss of Hunter, celebrating his life is easier than most.

It seems to me that with most people, young or old, the true mourning is for things left undone or unsaid.  Maybe you could have said "I love you" one more time, or the person could have achieved more.  This is especially true with a child.

Hunter Kelly was a very loved person and he achieved more in his life than 99.9% of people ever will.  I'm not just talking about what his parents did to help cure his disease, or even his obvious fight and iron will that should be a lesson for everyone. 

His life, at least to me (and I'm sure to others), demonstrated the value of life itself.  He opened people's eyes to what they take for granted.  Simply being alive is the greatest gift of all.  All of the other things that we surround ourselves with, some important, some not, are extras.  Life is first and Hunter's demonstrates that.  Some people might ask "what kind of life is that", or say "I wouldn't want to live that way, but not when it came to Hunter.  He made it too obvious that statements like those were wrong. 

It is my belief that there are signs in front of us everywhere that show how special we are and demonstrate the grandeur of life.  Everyone misses them all the time.  With Hunter, you couldn't help but see.

Of course he should be mourned, but he is simple to celebrate.  Thanks Hunter.

(I didn't mean to be preachy.  Sorry if I was.)

403406[/snapback]

Nice, very nice. :(