NHL on TV

Realist

I was listening to ESPN Radio and they had a Breaking News story saying that Comcast has signed a contract with the NHL to televise the NHL in the fall. They are looking at putting the games on OLN - Outdoor Life Network. ESPN does have a right to match anything that the NHL signs.

This was on "The Herd" with Colin Cowherd show, although Colin is not in today, don't know who the two guys are. They got this news from the Philadelphia Enquirer. I'll see if I can find a link.

WE network

403025[/snapback]

What about the newest network on Directv, LOGO. The MTV channel for gay and lesbian viewers. I saw this channel pop up a couple of weeks ago and wondered why they didn't send anything announcing the new channel, now I know why. They must be keeping this one a secret until the hockey season starts and will be the broadcast station for NHL Center Ice, LOL. ;)

What about the newest network on Directv, LOGO. The MTV channel for gay and lesbian viewers. I saw this channel pop up a couple of weeks ago and wondered why they didn't send anything  announcing the new channel, now I know why. They must be keeping this one a secret until the hockey season starts and will be the broadcast station for NHL Center Ice, LOL.  ;)

403035[/snapback]

If they get the contract, we can expect a lot of backchecking.

I was listening to ESPN Radio and they had a Breaking News story saying that Comcast has signed a contract with the NHL to televise the NHL in the fall.  They are looking at putting the games on OLN - Outdoor Life Network. 

402906[/snapback]

Survivor reruns will get higher ratings. ;)

:(:(:(

I actually get the Outdoor Life Network. Cool. I hope ESPN walks away. They treat the NHL like dog crap on the bottom of their shoe. All they do is point out how the NHL ratings are worse than the ratings for poker, eating competitions and the spelling bee. I'm sick of ESPN anyways.

LOGO is apparently the Gay Channel.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

I actually get the Outdoor Life Network. Cool. I hope ESPN walks away. They treat the NHL like dog crap on the bottom of their shoe. All they do is point out how the NHL ratings are worse than the ratings for poker, eating competitions and the spelling bee. I'm sick of ESPN anyways.

403468[/snapback]

Supposedly, the ratings for the first few Stephen A. Smith shows are also worse than the reruns of the eating competitions.

Quite frankly, I'm not surprised......