Buffalo Airport Sports Bar

If you go through the metal detectors at the Buffalo Airport, and then turn left, there is a sportsbar right there on that corner. On one of the walls, they have the whole wall dedicated to a supersized image of the scene on the field when the Bills beat the Jets to clinch the AFC East in 1988. Fans all over the field, goalposts coming down...

Has anyone seen this "mural"? Anyone know where I can get a copy of that pic, or one that is similar?

If you go through the metal detectors at the Buffalo Airport, and then turn left, there is a sportsbar right there on that corner.  On one of the walls, they have the whole wall dedicated to a supersized image of the scene on the field when the Bills beat the Jets to clinch the AFC East in 1988.  Fans all over the field, goalposts coming down...

Has anyone seen this "mural"?  Anyone know where I can get a copy of that pic, or one that is similar?

399282[/snapback]

I have it and it's framed. May want to get rid of it. Been hanging in my basement pub for 13 years. Just moved. Not sure if I'll have a place for it in the new crib. Getting sick of Bills crap hanging on the walls.

I have it and it's framed. May want to get rid of it. Been hanging in my basement pub for 13 years. Just moved. Not sure if I'll have a place for it in the new crib. Getting sick of Bills crap hanging on the walls.

399445[/snapback]

That's cool...How big is the pic you have? Let me know if you're looking to pass it on, I would be interested.

Thanks

My friend Chris who lives in San Diego is prominently featured in that photo. He is near the bottom, left-center his face is right in front of the upraised arm in the red jacket. That photo is huge in that bar and his head is huge on the wall and we always joke about that when we go through the airport.

399445[/snapback]

Sick of Bills crap on the walls? I could understand a spouse of a Bills fan saying that but not a Bills fan! :(

Sick of Bills crap on the walls?  I could understand a spouse of a Bills fan saying that but not a Bills fan! :(

399788[/snapback]

Comes a time.

I mean, there are people out there (probably some reading this) who have tacky Bills bobbleheads, penants from the 70's, a whammy weenie, and god knows what kind of crap adorning the walls and filling the shelves of their rec rooms. It really does look cheesy as all hell.

One or two tastefully framed prints or mementos, strategically placed would be just fine.

And the 50 or so video tapes - many with multiple games - they're about to go in the garbage. They're all from the late 80's up until a couple of years ago. All the great ones. Comback game, Raiders 51-3 blowout, Kelly touchdown in Miami, etc.

I've seen them enough.

I've got penants from 3 of the 4 superbowls. Any takers?

And I swear I've seen some of the Mexican laborors around town wearing some of my old Bills sweatshirts and t-shirts. I left a whole garbage bag full for the painters who did my house.

Time to move on.

The one thing I'll probably hang on to is my 1960 Bills media guide. I call it "the floating head" media guide. The photos of Richie Lucas and the rest are heads pasted on a blank background. Typical 60's style graphics.

Someone should have a web page dedicated to their "Bills Rooms". I just know there's some virtual Cheektowaga material out there.

And the 50 or so video tapes - many with multiple games - they're about to go in the garbage. They're all from the late 80's up until a couple of years ago. All the great ones. Comback game, Raiders 51-3 blowout, Kelly touchdown in Miami, etc.

I've seen them enough.

399815[/snapback]

Anyway you could get these to Fezmid so he could make some DVDs? :(

I posted this awhile ago but I was in the holiday inn?(I think) at the airport in Rochester at the bar like 3 years ago, the one right off of the 390 and there was a black and white picture of Thurman and the O-Line taken right after the 51-3 AFC Championship they all have their helmets off and they are standing in a row with Thurman in the middle all looking and smiling at the camera, I went as far as to call the bar to see what happened to that picture, they said they raffled it off to a charity, has anyone ever seen this picture besides me?