NFL Network

"...and Flutie fumbles the ball on the Dolphins 1 yd line and costs the Bills the game!"  I thought Doug just wins?

PTR

398558[/snapback]

...and people say we talk too much about players that left the team during this off-season... :blink:

...and people say we talk too much about players that left the team during this off-season...  :blink:

398562[/snapback]

Sorry...it's just that game sticks in my craw as much as "home run forward lateral" does. Especially since the flakes used to carry on about their midget being such a winner and all.

PTR

Sorry...it's just that game sticks in my craw as much as "home run forward lateral" does.  Especially since the flakes used to carry on about their midget being such a winner and all.

PTR

398565[/snapback]

Yes ... but Rob Johnson wouldnt have gotten the team to the one yard line ... he would have fumbled back at our 30.

Yes ... but Rob Johnson wouldnt have gotten the team to the one yard line ... he would have fumbled back at our 30.

398569[/snapback]

Well that proves Flutie was better, eh? :blink:

By the way...it was Andre Reed who got Bills to the one yard line, because he couldn't run fast enough to get his a$$ in the end zone. Flutie's fumble was just the cherry on the sundae.

PTR

Sorry...it's just that game sticks in my craw as much as "home run forward lateral" does.  Especially since the flakes used to carry on about their midget being such a winner and all.

PTR

398565[/snapback]

I'm sure we would have been much better off with RJ playing that entire season? Flutie did a lot for this team when he was here. Say all you want about him causing a divided locker room, being selfish, etc. The guy won a lot more games here then he lost, and led us to the playoffs twice. This does not mean he was immune to an occasional fumble, but most quarterbacks aren't. Besides, I'd rather have a divided team with flutie at quarterback then a "united" team with RJ at the helm. Flutie made bills football exciting to watch when he was here.

One last thing, I seem to remember Moulds fumbling on the first play of the game as well, which would have been a touchdown. He must suck too.

Well that proves Flutie was better, eh?   :blink:

By the way...it was Andre Reed who got Bills to the one yard line, because he couldn't run fast enough to get his a$$ in the end zone.  Flutie's fumble was just the cherry on the sundae.

PTR

398578[/snapback]

Agh! I forgot ... that was the game that the centers were snapping directly to the WR's and the WR's ran down the field to the 1 yard line. Thanks for reminding me :P

and BTW ::: what the heck kind of a Bills fan complains about one of (probably the best) receiver in Buffalo history?

I'm sure we would have been much better off with RJ playing that entire season? Flutie did a lot for this team when he was here. Say all you want about him causing a divided locker room, being selfish, etc. The guy won a lot more games here then he lost, and led us to the playoffs twice. This does not mean he was immune to an occasional fumble, but most quarterbacks aren't. Besides, I'd rather have a divided team with flutie at quarterback then a "united" team with RJ at the helm. Flutie made bills football exciting to watch when he was here.

One last thing, I seem to remember Moulds fumbling on the first play of the game as well, which would have been a touchdown. He must suck too.

398580[/snapback]

Agreed.

398569[/snapback]

actually rj would have led us to the score, and not thrown the game ending pick on the 10 like the midget...but then we would have gotten screwed on the ensuing kickoff after we took the lead... :blink:

398580[/snapback]

I still maintain it was a mistake to let Flutie play in 1999. As RJ had two great games before the injury against the Colts that cost him his season. I'm not saying we would have made the playoffs in 1999 but it might have allowed RJ to develop into the QB we all hoped he would be or perhaps not. As to me playing time is the best way to develop a QB. I know someone will mention RJ was a 4th year QB when we got him but he played in a grand total of 8 regular season games when he arrived and only 1 with significant playing time and yes I am a Flutie Hater.

Flutie love dies hard!

PTR

398590[/snapback]

Bro. I was not a flutie supporter ... nor was I sad when he was booted. I support whoever is leading our team (such as now it is JP) ... but after they leave the team, it is only fair for a human being with a brain (which you seem to be missing) to recognize who was the better QB of that era. The W-L record alone should tell you something about those QB's.

Yea, Fluite was only 21 for 36 for 360 yards. He sucked. Eric Moulds fumbling, Andre Reed getting a 15 yard penalty on the 1, and that linemen who missed Armstrong had nothing to do with it. Don't wanna be the Flutie defender, but blaming him for the loss is just stupid. Especially when you consider that Miami had one of the best defenses in the league. Stop the hate, increase the love. :blink:

Yea, Fluite was only 21 for 36 for 360 yards.  He sucked.  Eric Moulds fumbling, Andre Reed getting a 15 yard penalty on the 1, and that linemen who missed Armstrong had nothing to do with it.  Don't wanna be the Flutie defender, but blaming him for the loss is just stupid.  Especially when you consider that Miami had one of the best defenses in the league.  Stop the hate, increase the love.  :blink:

398613[/snapback]

That is 100% what I mean. I am not a flutie lover, but I also know football ... obviously somewhat better than most on here.

Bro. I was not a flutie supporter ... nor was I sad when he was booted. I support whoever is leading our team (such as now it is JP) ... but after they leave the team, it is only fair for a human being with a brain (which you seem to be missing) to recognize who was the better QB of that era. The W-L record alone should tell you something about those QB's.

398608[/snapback]

Or maybe the fact that Flutie had 154 pro games behind his belt when he arrived here vs the 8 I mentioned for RJ prepared him a little more.

Yea, Fluite was only 21 for 36 for 360 yards.  He sucked.  Eric Moulds fumbling, Andre Reed getting a 15 yard penalty on the 1, and that linemen who missed Armstrong had nothing to do with it.  Don't wanna be the Flutie defender, but blaming him for the loss is just stupid.  Especially when you consider that Miami had one of the best defenses in the league.  Stop the hate, increase the love.  :blink:

398613[/snapback]

Forgot to mention the endzone pick at the end of the 1st half when we were up 7-6, plus another turnover around midfield in the 3rd Qtr.

And oh yeah, Tennessee's defense the following season was like 50 times better than Miami's, but RJ doesn't seem to get a break for that. :P

I still maintain it was a mistake to let Flutie play in 1999. As RJ had two great games before the injury against the Colts that cost him his season. I'm not saying we would have made the playoffs in 1999 but it might have allowed RJ to develop into the QB we all hoped he would be or perhaps not.  As to me playing time is the best way to develop a QB. I know someone will mention RJ was a 4th year QB when we got him but he played in a grand total of 8 regular season games when he arrived and only 1 with significant playing time and yes I am a Flutie Hater.

398606[/snapback]

Point taken, RJ lover, but it's not Dougs fault that RJ couldn't stay healthy enough to play half a season. You can hate on flutie all you want, but the fact of the matter is he won while he was the quarterback for our team, and he got us to the playoffs. Keep defending RJ though, its ammusing. I bet Ryan Leaf and Tim Couch just needed a little TLC too, huh.