Losing Starting Position

If you were to predict one suprise change of a starter, offense or defense, who would it be?

395765[/snapback]

O: Gandy will lose his job to a free agent to be named later.

D: Thomas (nickel back) will lose his job to Greer or King.

I won't say Gandy, because he's never actually been a starter for the Bills.

I won't say Denney or Reed, because neither of them would be a surprise and it's debatable whether they're even starters.

I'll go with one who won't be a surprise to me but will probably be a big surprise to most folks:

Stamer takes Posey's job until he inevitably hurts himself; then Crowell pushes him hard before the Bills opt for the devil they know and re-insert Posey.

Cya

I won't say Denney or Reed, because neither of them would be a surprise and it's debatable whether they're even starters.

I'll go with one who won't be a surprise to me but will probably be a big surprise to most folks:

Stamer takes Posey's job until he inevitably hurts himself; then Crowell pushes him hard before the Bills opt for the devil they know and re-insert Posey.

Cya

395787[/snapback]

Deemed a starter as of now (Gandy that is). Interesting... Stamer taking Posey's job. If that were the case Jeff would be an expensive back up.

QUOTE(Simon @ Aug 1 2005, 08:13 PM)

Cya

Deemed a starter as of now (Gandy that is). Interesting... Stamer taking Posey's job. If that were the case Jeff would be an expensive back up.

I saw Posey with the DE's yesterday. I know he has to work on DE skills as the WLB, but Posey may be a DE-LB backup come regular season...

I think that Stamer guess/prediction might be it.

Personally, what I'd like to see (not that I think it's likely) is Baker to take over FS, then have TV move back to CB so that McGee can go back to 3rd CB & concentrate on KOR.

I think that Stamer guess/prediction might be it.

Personally, what I'd like to see (not that I think it's likely) is Baker to take over FS, then have TV move back to CB so that McGee can go back to 3rd CB & concentrate on KOR.

396219[/snapback]

Thats just retarded, did you see how good TV was as a FS after he returned last year??

I saw Posey with the DE's yesterday. I know he has to work on DE skills as the WLB, but Posey may be a DE-LB backup come regular season...

396207[/snapback]

I thought Posey was the strong-side linebacker.

O: Gandy will lose his job to a free agent to be named later.

D: Thomas (nickel back) will lose his job to Greer or King.

395781[/snapback]

i agree with both of those.

i hear good things about Greer.

O: obvious: 3rd WR could be Roscoe. Suprise: Teague replaced at C (by Preston?)

D: obvious: Pat Williams replaced by Edwards. Suprise: Only possibilities I see for someone actually losing their position (versus an injury) are for Kelsay to backslide, or for McGee to be replaced as starting CB (what a wreck if that happens)

ST: obvious: ? Suprise: I see several possible suprises: 1)The magician disappears, and someone else covers long-snapping 2) Fletcher is taken off of kickoffs 3) Clements is taken off of PR duty 4)Lindell is replaced, at least for FGs