A small thing, but...

I caught that JP had a real nice touch on the screen pass. That was nice to hear, since we haven't seen that since Jim Kelly. Old Drew just never got the hang of that one.

395343[/snapback]

That would fall under the catagory of "Godsend" after the last few years.

I thought Flutie had real nice touch on his screens.

Unfortunately he had to lob them straight up to get them over the DLine... :doh:

395365[/snapback]

that depends how high he jumped on any particular play. :D

I caught that JP had a real nice touch on the screen pass. That was nice to hear, since we haven't seen that since Jim Kelly. Old Drew just never got the hang of that one.

395343[/snapback]

Yeah but to Drew defense you had Travis trying to run that route and he wasn't known for always being where he was supposed to be, plus he is about 4' 6" tall, kind of hard to hit such a small target throwing over Dlinemen.

Yeah but to Drew defense you had Travis trying to run that route and he wasn't known for always being where he was supposed to be, plus he is about 4' 6" tall, kind of hard to hit such a small target throwing over Dlinemen.

395374[/snapback]

Especially when you're 6'5" and your release point is at least 2 feet higher. :doh:

Drew sucks. He's always sucked at short-to-intermediate touch passes - regardless of target.

I thought Flutie had real nice touch on his screens.

Unfortunately he had to lob them straight up to get them over the DLine... :doh:

395365[/snapback]

Yeah, ask Thurman about catching a swing pass against Indy. I wanted to kill that f***ing midget. :D

For those of you at TSW: I was screaming for screens for years. I finally gave up last year: Drew couldn't do it. Period. I noted right away last year that JP could do them while in the preseason games. He threw a great one in the Tennessee game as I recall.

BTW, no, Kelly was not the last QB with this ability. Doug threw a nice screen and so, for that matter, could Alex. RJ couldn't. Everytime a player got to within 15 ft of him he'd scream and run away.

I am looking forward to screens being "Back on the Menu Boys!" (as the Orcs ate the Goblins in The Two Towers).

-RnJ