Hows my team

Pete

We had our draft last night. 12 team keeper league, we start 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 DEF, 1 K, 1 QB

Joey Harrington

Carson Palmer

Travis Henry

Fred Taylor

Deuce McAllister

Marshall Faulk

Keshawn Johnson

Anquin Boldin

Michael Clayton(Bucs)

Chad Johnson

Lee Evans

Teo Johnson

Tony Gonzalez

John Kasay

Sebastian Janikowski

D Vikings

D Falcons

Decent overall. Your RBs aren't the best, but I do feel you have pretty good scoring potential there. Your WRs look good. I feel Chad Johnson is ready for a monster season. Gonzalez is a good TE to have, your kickers are okay and the Falcons' defense is pretty good. They could also have a breakout season, stat-wise. I'm not a huge fan of the Vikes' D, only because I've seen teams go out and break the bank to make a great D only to have it blow up in their face (remember when Miami and Washington did this?).

to be honest..

you better play your cards right in free agency if you want to win games. you need a 2nd starting rb, definately pick up toefield in case taylor is not a go this year (hint you don't really need 2 kickers). anyways, there will be some big name rb who gets hurt this year, be ready to jump on him. last year nick goings(who?) saved my team.

your wr's are your strength though. and one of those 2 qb's is bound to have a great year.

to be honest..

you beter play your cards right in free agency if you want to win games. you need a 2nd starting rb, definately pick up toefield in case taylor is not a go this year (hint you don't really need 2 kickers). anyways, there will be some bug name rb who gets hurt this year, be ready to jump on him. last year nick goings(who?) saved my team.

your wr's are your strength though. and one of those 2 qb's is bound to have a great year.

399032[/snapback]

I agree about the rb....but I don't think his wr are that solid...your point on the kickers is right on the money....drop one asap and pick up a backup rb or maybe take a chance on a rookie or even a guy who's hurt...take a chance with that slot, you can alway find a stand in kicker for one week.....it can pay off HUGE dividends if it pans out.....that can win a league in the long run....

out

It's been a while since I played in a 12 man league, but from what I remember that roster looks pretty damn good.

You have at least one strong starter at each position, which isn't always easy to do in 12 man league.

RB is your weak point, and I agree with others who said drop a kicker and pick up Toefield. Taylor and Duece should give you good points, but when Taylor goes down you'll really be hurting if your not ready with Toefield.

I agree about the rb....but I don't think his wr are that solid...your point on the kickers is right on the money....drop one asap and pick up a backup rb or maybe take a chance on a rookie or even a guy who's hurt...take a chance with that slot, you can alway find a stand in kicker for one week.....it can pay off HUGE dividends if it pans out.....that can win a league in the long run....

out

403587[/snapback]

I always do the same thing with TE's. I've never understood why anyone would keep more than one TE or more than one K. They just don't score enough points to warrant it.

We had our draft last night. 12 team keeper league, we start 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 DEF, 1 K, 1 QB

Joey Harrington

Carson Palmer

Travis Henry

Fred Taylor

Deuce McAllister

Marshall Faulk

Keshawn Johnson

Anquin Boldin

Michael Clayton(Bucs)

Chad Johnson

Lee  Evans

Teo Johnson

Tony Gonzalez

John Kasay

Sebastian Janikowski

D Vikings

D Falcons

395157[/snapback]

\

Great WR's and TE's... weak QB and RB.

I feel Palmer will continue his streak from the end of last season, but Harrington worries me. He's a high risk/reward guy and you're not too bad to have him as a number 2, but don't be afraid to replace him with a more consistent #2 if he starts to tail off. If they both tank look to see if Griese is still available.

RB's are your biggest question mark. You need Deuce and Fragina to stay healthy and Chris Brown to break his pinky again. Faulk is now relagated to being a 3rd down back in St. Louis.

I think Duece will do well for you (even though the Aints offense is a crapshoot), but Taylor and Henry are huge question marks. Check the waiver wire to see if there's any potential sleepers you can pick up. I hate to say it but Faulk will only help you if Jackson goes down....and watch Freddy's rehab progress.

Rest of the roster looks good. (Johnson, Clayton & Boldin are a great starting set)

Just remember that every year someone always finds a top D & Kicker on the waiver wire, so keep your eyes peeled.

I always do the same thing with TE's. I've never understood why anyone would keep more than one TE or more than one K. They just don't score enough points to warrant it.

403718[/snapback]

Exactly. In a 12 team league, there are all kinds of middle of the road starters that you can pick up for the bye week.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.