Is anyone at camp paying attention to

jayg

My friends Tim and Thomas went to camp today and they said that Peters was pretty impressive while working at LT with the 2nd team. Said he looked like a superb athlete. Also said that Bennie Anderson is enormous(but we already knew this).

One other note: They said Ritzman looked good in some drill which focused on an outside pass rush vs either a tackle or a TE.

Has he played on the line anywhere in college? If not, then it will not be an easy transition and if we end up with him there, then we'll have to look for free agent replacements. I just don't have confidence in him to protect JP's blindside.

I thought we would use him as a blocking TE but I guess he's not up to the task there or in running routes. I remember seeing him drop an easy pass last year from JP in that Browns game.

I was pissed when the Bills didn't draft Peters only for them to pick him up in free agency....this guys got skills...

remember the blocked kick last year!...I also would like him as the blocking TE but for him to show something at LT means to me he's gonna be on the team again this year....which gives me a stiffy!

Prediction - he will take over at LT when it becomes obvious that Gandy is not up to the task. Other opinions?

394821[/snapback]

If Gandy is not up to the task (unlikely in my opinion) or is injured, they will turn to someone other than Peters (Teague, McFarland). I think that the only reason he is #2 on the Left Tackle depth chart at this time is to maximize his reps to see what he can do. He may make the team solely on the basis of his special teams play.

I'm really not sure why Peters won't play TE When we don't have any healthy ones.  Hmmm...I hope they do use him in some tackle-eligible kinds of situations.  I can't believe they left him out of Madden though.

394864[/snapback]

That pissed me off too? How can you leave peters out of madden and keep in some of the worthless jackasses that are gonna get cut?

I was pissed when the Bills didn't draft Peters only for them to pick him up in free agency....this guys got skills...

remember the blocked kick last year!...I also would like him as the blocking TE but for him to show something at LT means to me he's gonna be on the team again this year....which gives me a stiffy!

394975[/snapback]

I'm sure TD and all the other GM's can tell you why Peters went undrafted by the Bills and 31 other NFL teams. Also, blocking a punt has nothing to do with transitioning to the position of LT. Even if all the stars align, he is still a year or two away from being an OL starter(best case scenario). Just my 2 cents. :doh:

I'm sure TD and all the other GM's can tell you why Peters went undrafted by the Bills and 31 other NFL teams.  Also, blocking a punt has nothing to do with transitioning to the position of LT.  Even if all the stars align, he is still a year or two away from being an OL starter(best case scenario).  Just my 2 cents. :doh:

395180[/snapback]

I just meant that for his size hes an awesome athlete and very versitle......

Peters looked very good last night and at this morning's practice in my opinion.  In fact, he dominated a bunch of the DEs and even gave Schobel a run for his money.  I was very impressed.

395412[/snapback]

Tis is what I feel Peters is destined for. LT.

Hopefully some of the camp rats will keep an eye on his production as much as they do JP's and Gandy's

Tis is what I feel Peters is destined for. LT.

Hopefully some of the camp rats will keep an eye on his production as much as they do JP's and Gandy's

395448[/snapback]

What makes Peters special is that he clearly is used to running around as a TE and doesnt have a problem with mobility that Gandy seems to have. He gets around quickly and springs out onto DEs...it looked good against our backup DEs...but against a starting AFC East DE, who knows how he'll do? I'd like to see him get some action in the preseason games, it really cant hurt...(well...it COULD hurt JP is Peters if a bomb at LT)

What makes Peters special is that he clearly is used to running around as a TE and doesnt have a problem with mobility that Gandy seems to have.  He gets around quickly and springs out onto DEs...it looked good against our backup DEs...but against a starting AFC East DE, who knows how he'll do?  I'd like to see him get some action in the preseason games, it really cant hurt...(well...it COULD hurt JP is Peters if a bomb at LT)

395486[/snapback]

Peters has the physical tools to match up against eleite pass rushers.

His problem will be handling on the fly changes to the blocking schemes.

However, if McNally can simplify his adjustments so Peters can just deal with the player in front of him - he will be better able to handle that opponent than Gandy will.

Although more experienced, Gandy will be beaten by elite rushers due to his physical limitations. Since they will have to scheme to help either player, they might as well push Peters as hard as possible to see if he can make the jump.

Peters has the physical tools to match up against eleite pass rushers.

His problem will be handling on the fly changes to the blocking schemes.

However, if McNally can simplify his adjustments so Peters can just deal with the player in front of him - he will be better able to handle that opponent than Gandy will.

Although more experienced, Gandy will be beaten by elite rushers due to his physical limitations. Since they will have to scheme to help either player, they might as well push Peters as hard as possible to see if he can make the jump.

395544[/snapback]

THis is my feeling on this as well.....

Peters doesn't need to be a dominant run blocker at that position....he just needs to keep DE's from eating Losmans lunch in the backfield.....

A dare I say....JOHN FINA type