PA Lt Gov Knoll

PA Lt Gov Catherine Baker Knoll has been in the habit of attending fallen servicemens' funerals. Which is fine, if you're invited (I believe wakes are for the public; funerals are private). She was not. Ok, so a faux pas on her part, but in a genuine show of honor and respect by a representative of the state government for one of it's citizens, I think it may be a forgivable offense.

Last week she attended a funeral mass for Marine Staff Sgt Joseph Goodrich. She sat down next to a Goodrich family member and, during the distribution of communion, asked who they were. Then she proceeded to give the grieving relative her business card and told them "I want you to know our government is against this war."

:D

It would've taken an awfully large bodyguard to pry my fingers from her throat. How can someone be so oblivious to time and place as to think that statement was appropriate? I mean, I'm sure she probably thought those words would actually be of some comfort!

Ed Rendell is a smart politician. He quickly apologized, saying it was inappropriate to attend a private funeral uninvited, and that the state government has no business taking a position on national defense. Knoll has been AWOL since the story broke. I bet she's not on the ticket next election.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/05204/542520.stm

PA Lt Gov Catherine Baker Knoll has been in the habit of attending fallen servicemens' funerals. Which is fine, if you're invited (I believe wakes are for the public; funerals are private). She was not. Ok, so a faux pas on her part, but in a genuine show of honor and respect by a representative of the state government for one of it's citizens, I think it may be a forgivable offense.

Last week she attended a funeral mass for Marine Staff Sgt Joseph Goodrich. She sat down next to a Goodrich family member and, during the distribution of communion, asked who they were. Then she proceeded to give the grieving relative her business card and told them "I want you to know our government is against this war."

It would've taken an awfully large bodyguard to pry my fingers from her throat. How can someone be so oblivious to time and place as to think that statement was appropriate? I mean, I'm sure she probably thought those words would actually be of some comfort!

Ed Rendell is a smart politician. He quickly apologized, saying it was inappropriate to attend a private funeral uninvited, and that the state government has no business taking a position on national defense. Knoll has been AWOL since the story broke. I bet she's not on the ticket next election.

394342[/snapback]

What a wench!

"...it was inappropriate to attend a private funeral uninvited..."

394342[/snapback]

Perhaps you could point this out to Richio who entertained us last summer with about 286 posts lambasting Kerry for not crashing funerals for fallen soldiers the way this goof did. As I recall, he then put out another couple hundred posts or so excusing the same non-funeral crashing by the President.

It is so hard to keep up with the moral standards the right sets here so often on the board. One guy is a scum for not going to funerals, while another is a hero for not going to funerals and now this whosit from wherever is a despicable wench for going to funerals.*****

*****the number of posts by Richio attacking Kerry for not attending funerals are an exageration to emphasize the point, please don't respond with something along the lines of "Liar!!!!! it was only 284 posts!!!!"

Perhaps you could point this out to Richio who entertained us last summer with about 286 posts lambasting Kerry for not crashing funerals for fallen soldiers the way this goof did.  As I recall, he then put out another couple hundred posts or so excusing the same non-funeral crashing by the President.

It is so hard to keep up with the moral standards the right sets here so often on the board.  One guy is a scum for not going to funerals, while another is a hero for not going to funerals and now this whosit from wherever is a despicable wench for going to funerals.*****

*****the number of posts by Richio attacking Kerry for not attending funerals are an exageration to emphasize the point, please don't respond with something along the lines of "Liar!!!!! it was only 284 posts!!!!"

395248[/snapback]

Nice to see you using RiO as the voice of reason while somehow sticking up (though indirectly) for someone you agree politically with. Good show.

Perhaps you could point this out to Richio who entertained us last summer with about 286 posts lambasting Kerry for not crashing funerals for fallen soldiers the way this goof did.  As I recall, he then put out another couple hundred posts or so excusing the same non-funeral crashing by the President.

It is so hard to keep up with the moral standards the right sets here so often on the board.  One guy is a scum for not going to funerals, while another is a hero for not going to funerals and now this whosit from wherever is a despicable wench for going to funerals.*****

395248[/snapback]

I beg to differ it's quite simple to keep up with the moral standards set by the right:

1) for them - low

2) for everyone else - off the chart high

And if you don't like it, it's probably because you hate America. :doh:

I beg to differ it's quite simple to keep up with the moral standards set by the right:

1) for them - low

2) for everyone else - off the chart high

And if you don't like it, it's probably because you hate America. :doh:

395505[/snapback]

Its also quite simple to keep up with the moral standards set by the LEFT. You know....if you don't subscribe to their "enlightened" way of thinking, it's probably because youre a racist, a Nazi, intolerant or just a plain old "idiot".

I stated the funeral attendance, though inappropriate, was probably a forgivable offense, if done in a honorable and respectful manner. It was not. It would be just as distasteful, though perhaps not quite as horrific as Knoll's statement, if a Republican politician showed up uninvited with media in tow, showing off his "patriotism". I don't recall the posts you reference, but they sound like they would bore me, and I would choose to simply ignore them.

I criticized a Republican here; enjoy yourself. Sorry not everyone on "the right" fits your generalizations. I do try to hold everyone to the same standard about things that matter to me.

News flash:

And this is a good one...The 12 local state senators and reps who accepted the illegal and uncosntitutional pay raise have been featured on the Allentown Morning Call's front page. Now there will be NO mistaking who supported this immoral and unethical pay raise.

Hopefully it will be enough to get the torches and pitchforks out.

:doh:

Let's get 'em!!

Note the salaries. Then take note that these fargs only work 6 months of the year OR LESS. We don't have a full-time assembly in PA.

Their base salaries are up 16% with some committee chairs and what-not making a 25% pay raise. CRIMINALS!!!

News flash:

And this is a good one...The 12 local state senators and reps who accepted the illegal and uncosntitutional pay raise have been featured on the Allentown Morning Call's front page. Now there will be NO mistaking who supported this immoral and unethical pay raise.

Hopefully it will be enough to get the torches and pitchforks out.

Let's get 'em!!

Note the salaries. Then take note that these fargs only work 6 months of the year OR LESS. We don't have a full-time assembly in PA.

Their base salaries are up 16% with some committee chairs and what-not making a 25% pay raise. CRIMINALS!!!

395967[/snapback]

Don't call politicians criminals as it insults respectable criminals everywhere...

Here ya go, JSP (and other fellow Keystoners):

Operation Clean Sweep is aimed at one simple goal: cleaning house in the Pennsylvania General Assembly by defeating every single incumbent officeholder up for re-election in 2006.

The current members of the General Assembly have slapped taxpayers in the face by awarding themselves a huge pay increase. While some members did vote "no" on the increase, it is common knowledge that all votes were pre-arranged to protect vulnerable seats.

Operation Clean Sweep is not a Republican, Democrat, Libertarian, Constitution or Green Party issue. It's us vs. them. The governed vs. the government. The taxpayers vs. the tax spenders.

Are you outraged at the recent legislative pay raise? Are you fed up? Are you genuinely ready to make a real change in Pennsylvania? If so, this is your chance to set things straight.

Operation Clean Sweep: Pennsylvania