Pataki will not run for governor again

He's going to announce this is it for him as governor.

Unfortunately, he's also thinking that he can become president in 2008.

Another delusional politician. How does this guy ever believe he can get enough delegates to win the Republican nomination with his record? The conservatives in his own party will crush him. Same goes for Guiliani, who temporarily moved in with a gay couple when he was between marriages after his split with Donna Hanover and needed a place to stay. Imagine the primaries in the bible belt with either of these two New Yorkers being called pro abortion & pro gay.

http://timesunion.com/AspStories/story.asp...sdate=7/27/2005

He's going to announce this is it for him as governor.

Unfortunately, he's also thinking that he can become president in 2008. 

Another delusional politician.  How does this guy ever believe he can get enough delegates to win the Republican nomination with his record?  The conservatives in his own party will crush him.  Same goes for Guiliani, who temporarily moved in with a gay couple when he was between marriages after his split with Donna Hanover and needed a place to stay.  Imagine the primaries in the bible belt with either of these two New Yorkers being called pro abortion & pro gay.

http://timesunion.com/AspStories/story.asp...sdate=7/27/2005

391068[/snapback]

I fully agree wrt Pataki. I think that he was a pretty decent governor when he started, only to be swallowed up by the likes of Senate Majority Leader Bruno and Assembly Speaker Silver; two living disasters.

As for Rudy, I think that you take him too lightly. Many view him as a symbol of strength after 9/11, and the truth is, he is a strong leader.

His personal life is a disaster in terms of politics, but are any of us truly sure how much this matters today? A furniture thief and accused stock swindler (cattle futures) seems all but assured of the democratic nod. Taking a close look at Kerry and his billionaire hag, one would have a hard time believing how many votes he was able to get.

Sadly, there is little competition. McCain is certainly not an appealing candidate. I remind you that he was trounced by GWB in the primaries.

In any event, unless a seemingly or in fact "unknown" repub steps up in a big way, Rudy has a decent shot imo.

i don't like Pataki as a Gov. He is a lot too liberal for my taste.

I doubt he would have beat Elliot Spitzer in the next election anyway.

He has no chance at a Presidential Election. He makes Al Gore look like a fun loving party animal.

A furniture thief and accused stock swindler (cattle futures) seems all but assured of the democratic nod.

391077[/snapback]

While they are both playing nicey-nice at the moment, a Hillary campaign run by Howard Dean will be a hoot when their "inner children" finally resurface in full tantrum. It will be an absolute Shrill-a-Thon. 0:)

While they are both playing nicey-nice at the moment, a Hillary campaign run by Howard Dean will be a hoot when their "inner children" finally resurface in full tantrum.  It will be an absolute Shrill-a-Thon. 0:)

391401[/snapback]

"yyeeeeeeeeeeee - ooooooooooaaauhh!!!!!!"

IMHO the Repub darkhorse choice will be Mike Huckabee. 

Gov. from Arkansas

not to mention he is married to "McCain".  :angry:

391340[/snapback]

How about a darkhorse named Romney. He's done a decent job in Mass...

Guiliani might win a popular vote, as would McCain, but neither is going to be nominated without blowing up the GOP. Ditto for Pataki.

The dark horse Republican candidate is the only one I've ever seen speak in person***, His campaign slogan can be "The future is now" and his cabinet can be called the "Over the Hill Gang" . If the Republicans succeed in getting Hillary nominated (which I don't believe will ever happen-the Dems can't be that stupid) The the campaign staff can be called the "Over the Hill Gang"

***-When he gave his father's speech because George Allen was dead when he got elected to the HOF.

Im telling you. Watch for virginia this presidential election. George Allen will be a formidable republican candidate (very probably VP choice), and our Governor Mark Warner is a very good moderate democratic candidate. either can win a national election.

My current 08 predictions

( D ) Mark Warner / Bill Richardson

( R ) John McCain / George Allen

At least that would be an election that is good for america for once...

George Allen is certainly positioning himself for a run. He has someone working hard to make sure there are more regular video and sound bytes of him on the news over the past several months.

George Allen is certainly positioning himself for a run. He has someone working hard to make sure there are more regular video and sound bytes of him on the news over the past several months.

Allen has one big hurdle though...and it might be Mark Warner (current gov) challenging him for his senate seat