Sabres Tickets...

Ok, so I don't know if this was posted already, but I just heard about the "Gold, Silver, Bronze, and Value" seats.

If you go to a game on a tuesday night against a non divisional team, that seat will cost you substantially less than the SAME seat would that Saturday if we're playing a team like Toronto.

http://www.sabres.com/seasontix.cfm

Seems OK if that only means that crappy games will be cheaper, but I have a feeling it just means tickets to see the Leafs will cost more than ever.

Ok, so I don't know if this was posted already, but I just heard about the "Gold, Silver, Bronze, and Value" seats.

If you go to a game on a tuesday night against a non divisional team, that seat will cost you substantially less than the SAME seat would that Saturday if we're playing a team like Toronto.

http://www.sabres.com/seasontix.cfm

Seems OK if that only means that crappy games will be cheaper, but I have a feeling it just means tickets to see the Leafs will cost more than ever.

389156[/snapback]

Its a sellout everytime...and STILL cheaper than seeing a game in Toronto. Lets let the leaf fans bring the sabres out of debt

OPENING NIGHT:

October 5th, all 30 teams playing

389214[/snapback]

Thanks man. It might have been a retarded question, but I was doing some searching around and couldn't seem to find it mentioned anywhere. Thanks for illuminating the darkness of my ignorance.

Thanks man.  It might have been a retarded question, but I was doing some searching around and couldn't seem to find it mentioned anywhere.  Thanks for illuminating the darkness of my ignorance.

389221[/snapback]

no prob

The cheapest ticket for a "Gold" game is $40. That's still too much for the average fan. The cheapest for a "Value" game is $17. That's probably against a team like Carolina or Florida on a Monday night in November. What the Sabres are basically saying is that if you have money, you can see a good matchup. If you don't have money, you can still see a game but don't expect much. Real nice. What a great way to bring back the fans. The Sabres average ticket price should be $30 to cover a $24 million payroll. It's not about the fans and it's never been about the fans. It's about making money. They are all full of crap when they say it's about bringing the fans back.

How is it that someone can go see a Bills-Patriots game or a Bills-Dolphins game for less than it costs to see a Sabres-Leafs game?

The cheapest for a "Value" game is $17. That's probably against a team like Carolina or Florida on a Monday night in November.

389306[/snapback]

And this is bad because...?

How is it that someone can go see a Bills-Patriots game or a Bills-Dolphins game for less than it costs to see a Sabres-Leafs game?

389306[/snapback]

Because there is more demand for Leafs-Sabres than there is for Bills-Dolphins.

The Sabres average ticket price should be $30 to cover a $24 million payroll.

389306[/snapback]

It currently is less than $30. Maybe you should do some research instead of whining.

What the Sabres are basically saying is that if you have money, you can see a good matchup.

389306[/snapback]

And this is bad because...?

The cheapest ticket for a "Gold" game is $40. That's still too much for the average fan. The cheapest for a "Value" game is $17. That's probably against a team like Carolina or Florida on a Monday night in November. What the Sabres are basically saying is that if you have money, you can see a good matchup. If you don't have money, you can still see a game but don't expect much. Real nice. What a great way to bring back the fans. The Sabres average ticket price should be $30 to cover a $24 million payroll. It's not about the fans and it's never been about the fans. It's about making money. They are all full of crap when they say it's about bringing the fans back.

389306[/snapback]

And why is it that you go to work every day?

389306[/snapback]

Complain about $17 hockey tickets all you want. In Minnesota, they cheap seats are roughly $35/game. Doesn't matter which game, they're ALL that price. If you want to sit in the lower bowl, you're paying around $80+/ticket.

And guess what? The Wild sell out EVERY game.

CW

I'm not whining. All I am saying is the Sabres have done nothing for the AVERAGE fans so far. The average season ticket price is $35 and the window average price is over $40. It costs a minimum of $40 to see a decent matchup. The quality of the game was total garbage and it remains to be seen if the rules changes will be an improvement.

All I have seen is an apology letter in the newspaper, still too high ticket prices and a statement from the GM that the Sabres like their team and don't expect too much to happen in free agency.

The only two reasons the demand for a Sabres-Leafs game may be higher than for a Bills-Dolphins game is that there are 75,000 seats at Wilson Stadium and only 18,500 at the HSBC Arena and 15,000 Leafs fans come to Buffalo for the Sabres-Leafs games.

The Rangers gave away 1,000 pairs of tickets today. The Devils are giving a 10% rebate check at Christmas time and a team jersey if you buy season tickets.

What have the Sabres done so far? Nothing except alienate their core group of fans. Check out the economy in Buffalo & WNY and tell me how many people can afford tickets to a good game? Not very many.

This argument is all pointless. Buffalo sports fans are very easy to figure out. Put a good team out there who plays hard, wins more often than not, and has a realistic chance at winning some playoff games and maybe even a title, and the seats will sell out. Price (IMO) doesn't have a lot to do with it. Buffalo fans just want a winner, and if we get it, we'll pay to see it. All the WNY economy arguments are unrelated to the pro sports in this town.

You can't complain because you want center ice 10th row seats to the Sabres-Leafs games, but $100 is too much. Some guy on your street will pay $100, and you can't blame the Sabres for charging it.

The opposite is also true: If the Bills or Sabres don't field a competitive team, people will find other things to spend their money on.

What have the Sabres done so far? Nothing except alienate their core group of fans. Check out the economy in Buffalo & WNY and tell me how many people can afford tickets to a good game? Not very many.

389568[/snapback]

I read on Sabres.com that they were rolling back season ticket prices by ~35%. That's pretty significant.

CW

389306[/snapback]

He's right all the tickets should be free....they need to give up on this crazy idea of actually turning a profit.