Playoff drought

Ok, we all know we haven't made the playoffs since 1999. But did you know only 6 teams have not made the playoffs in the 2000s? And of those 6 teams only 2 have a longer drought than the Bills?

Arizona Cardinals - 1998

Buffalo Bills - 1999

Cincinnati Bengals - 1990

Detroit Lions - 1999

Jacksonville Jaguars - 1999

Washington redskins - 1999

I knew it was bad but when I think of that group, I just get really depressed about being a Bills fan!

Ok, we all know we haven't made the playoffs since 1999.  But did you know only 6 teams have not made the playoffs in the 2000s?  And of those 6 teams only 2 have a longer drought than the Bills?

Arizona Cardinals - 1998

Buffalo Bills - 1999

Cincinnati Bengals - 1990

Detroit Lions - 1999

Jacksonville Jaguars - 1999

Washington redskins - 1999

I knew it was bad but when I think of that group, I just get really depressed about being a Bills fan!

388554[/snapback]

And of that group, how many were only one play...one freakin' play...away from making the playoffs last year?

'Zactly.

And of that group, how many were only one play...one freakin' play...away from making the playoffs last year?

'Zactly.

388566[/snapback]

which "one play" are you referring to? The Travis Henry non Touchdown in Oakland? the 4th down hail mary against Jax? The 4th down TD pass against Jax? or maybe the Drew fumble TD against the Pats?

If the Bills had made any of those, we most likely make the playoffs last year...

which "one play" are you referring to? The Travis Henry non Touchdown in Oakland? the 4th down hail mary against Jax? The 4th down TD pass against Jax? or maybe the Drew fumble TD against the Pats?

If the Bills had made any of those, we most likely make the playoffs last year...

388732[/snapback]

Exactly my point. It's so easy to say "We're just like the Cardinals because of this, this and this," but you could easily say we're just like the Steelers because of that, that and that.

I guess a position for the sake of taking a position is fine and allows for dialogue, and that's not always a bad thing.

'Zactly.

388566[/snapback]

Jacksonville. One big play against the Colts Oct.3 and they're in. One big play against the Titans Nov.21 and they're in. One big play against the Titans Nov.21 and they're in. One big play against the Steelers Dec.5 and they're in.

"If wishes were horses then beggers would ride." Every team gets it's share of ifs and buts...

Jacksonville.  One big play against the Colts Oct.3 and they're in. One big play against the Titans Nov.21 and they're in. One big play against the Titans Nov.21 and they're in. One big play against the Steelers Dec.5 and they're in.

"If wishes were horses then beggers would ride." Every team gets it's share of ifs and buts...

388754[/snapback]

No time for if and buts.

Buffalo Bills held their own destiny in the last game of the season, even got some help from other teams losing, and pulled a no-show againt the Steelers. Played against many backups.

Bad game for the offense and you know who.

388732[/snapback]

or the inability of the #2 D to stop a 3rd string QB from running a bootleg

for a 4th and 2 to keep the drive alive and kill our chances..

No time for if and buts.

Buffalo Bills held their own destiny in the last game of the season, even got some help from other teams losing, and pulled a no-show againt the Steelers.  Played against many backups.

Bad game for the offense and you know who.

388803[/snapback]

Please....the O might have sucked...but the D and STs did nothing good...

don't put all the blame on the Offense...

Going into 4th qtr, both teams had equal Time of Possession and then the

Steelers 3rd stringers ran the clock off by 12 minutes......where was the

D that couldn't get off 3rd down or 4th down.....

ST,....clements muffs a punt return....Lindel missed a makeable FG that

turned the momentum against us....

Please....the O might have sucked...but the D and STs did nothing good...

don't put all the blame on the Offense...

Going into 4th qtr, both teams had equal Time of Possession and then the

Steelers 3rd stringers ran the clock off by 12 minutes......where was the

D that couldn't get off 3rd down or 4th down.....

ST,....clements muffs a punt return....Lindel missed a makeable FG that

turned the momentum against us....

388867[/snapback]

Right.

Bledsoe just seemed the "Lead" suck. Never really expected him to do much

that day, maybe just not be horrible. Too much to ask.

From Bills Daily.

===========

Gameballs

Nate Clements - He may have fumbled a ball away but he forced a fumble, deflected a pass that was picked off by Takeo Spikes, and picked off a pass of his own that he returned for a touchdown.

Pat Williams - It may have been his last game as a Bill but he went out with a huge effort. Finished with 12 tackles many behind the line of scrimmage and a sack.

Goats

Drew Bledsoe - Awful game. 16 of 30 for 189 yards was padded on the final series. He also threw a bad interception and fumbled the ball away that was returned for a score. He could have been picked off four times.

Lee Evans - In a big game he didn't show up until it was over.

Terrence McGee - He was beaten for many big plays early in the game.

Rian Lindell - His missed chip shot field goal of 28 yards was the turning point of the game when it seemed the Bills had it in hand.

or the inability of the #2 D to stop a 3rd string QB from running a bootleg

for a 4th and 2 to keep the drive alive and kill our chances..

388865[/snapback]

Yeah, I didnt want to bring up the Giant Turd of a game the team layed out against Pittsburgh. That was a meltdown by more players than just Drew. Our Team couldn't stop the second and Third team steelers all day....

Yeah, I didnt want to bring up the Giant Turd of a game the team layed out against Pittsburgh. That was a meltdown by more players than just Drew. Our Team couldn't stop the second and Third team steelers all day....

388891[/snapback]

:doh: This game was a "stain" on an otherwise impressive 2nd half of the season.