RIP Scotty

So sad to see them all pasing away. RIP Scotty...

Favorite moment... ST 4, when they're back in the 80s and Scotty tries to talk to the computer. The other person tells him to use the mouse: "Oh, of course..." Picks up mouse and speaks into it "Hello Computer."

God beamed him up...

http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/TV/07/20/o...n.ap/index.html

386143[/snapback]

:D

I figured he'd be the next to go after Deforest Kelley. Nimoy's next, I'll wager.

Jimmy Doohan was one of my favorites, though. Very underrated talent. Aside from playing Montgomery Scott, he did a lot of voice-overs in the original series as well...which nobody really ever caught on to as he was so good at using his voice and dialects.

He's originally Canadian and was wounded on D-Day.

The article said he was hit 6 times. One took off part of his finger, 4 were in his leg and one in the chest. The chest shot was stopped by his metal cigarette case.

You have pointy ears?  :D

Hey, everybody's got to go sometime, and Nimoy's getting up there in years.  And frankly, the last few times I've seen him in public, he hasn't looked all that great.

386227[/snapback]

But then again, neither do we.

You have pointy ears?  :D

Hey, everybody's got to go sometime, and Nimoy's getting up there in years.  And frankly, the last few times I've seen him in public, he hasn't looked all that great.

386227[/snapback]

Remember the MAD magazine parody of Star Trek? (Star Blechhh)

Spock: Captain, the Klingons are attacking!

Kirk: The Klingons! I'm going to the bathroom.

Spock: The bathroom! I don't believe my ears!

Kirk: I don't believe your ears either. :devil: