More Bad News for EU

Link

Cocaine traces have been found at the European Parliament in an inquiry by one of Germany's main broadcasters.

The Sat-1 channel sent reporters to take 46 swabs from toilets and other public areas of the Brussels buildings. Nearly all tested positive for cocaine.

I've never snorted cocaine but is it normal to snort it off toilets? And why?

By the same token, much of the U.S. currency tested in 1996 also had cocaine contamination. Odds are good that the money in my poket and yours would also test positive, but I hardly think that shows us to be cocaine addicts...

Journal of Analytical Toxicology 1996

382721[/snapback]

Mythbusters did an episode on this and yes the vast majority of 20 dollar bills had cocaine residue on them

Not that I would know, but I would assume most toilets in public bathrooms anywhere would have cocaine residue on them. The reason is simple: The user needs to go somewhere that no one sees him or her. By far the easiest, most available and least conspicuous place is a toilet stall. The user needs a couple minutes to lay the drugs out. A stall is not unusual for someone to spend a couple minutes in. The user can flush the toilet while he or she snorts the cocaine, so no one likely hears the snorting. The user also needs a hard substance to lay the drugs out and chop them up on, unless he or she uses other means, and the porceilain back of a toilet is a perfect place for it.

Not that I would know, but I would assume most toilets in public bathrooms anywhere would have cocaine residue on them. The reason is simple: The user needs to go somewhere that no one sees him or her. By far the easiest, most available and least conspicuous place is a toilet stall. The user needs a couple minutes to lay the drugs out. A stall is not unusual for someone to spend a couple minutes in. The user can flush the toilet while he or she snorts the cocaine, so no one likely hears the snorting. The user also needs a hard substance to lay the drugs out and chop them up on, unless he or she uses other means, and the porceilain back of a toilet is a perfect place for it.

382746[/snapback]

You know you're addicted when you're snorting things off a toilet.

382752[/snapback]

You're probably addicted if you need to do drugs in any public place. But the back of a toilet after you wipe it down isn't very dirty. It's probably more healthy than sitting your bare ass on that toilet seat.

382746[/snapback]

It might also be that cocaine is excreted in urine... :lol:

You're probably addicted if you need to do drugs in any public place. But the back of a toilet after you wipe it down isn't very dirty. It's probably more healthy than sitting your bare ass on that toilet seat.

382755[/snapback]

Russian Roullete is probably more healthy than putting your bare ass on a public toilet.

382752[/snapback]

FYI - When people use the word "toilet" in Europe, they are often referring to the bathroom itself and not the actual bowl. So I imagine this article is just saying that they found traces of coke in different areas of the bathroom, not on the actual toilet.

382752[/snapback]

If you read David Sedaris, being addicted is when you're on your hands and knees with a straw, snorting the contents of the living room carpet up your nose in the off chance a few grains fell to the floor.