Mort Says TH Deal Maybe Today

Looks like his agent Hadley is trying to dictate a deal. I recall someone on the wall saying a drunken Engelhard after a game running off at the mouth about how he was going to screw the Bills. Well, he could be stalling contract extension talks with the Titans in order to force a deal to the Jags, since Tenn presumably won't complete the trade unless they have an extension in place.

The 3rd from Tenn is better than a 3rd from Jax in that it will likely be at the top of the round as opposed to Jax, as well as not helping a team that will be competing for a playoff spot this year. I could see his dumbass agent screwing this one up, and I hope Donahoe doesn't end up giving TH to the Jags just because TH agent won't make a deal with Tenn. If he gets stubborn, we could see Jax drop out and be stuck with Henry even longer, with no competition for Tenn to bid against.

God I'll be glad when this is FINALLY over!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like his agent Hadley is trying to dictate a deal.  I recall someone on the wall saying a drunken Engelhard after a game running off at the mouth about how he was going to screw the Bills.  Well, he could be stalling contract extension talks with the Titans in order to force a deal to the Jags, since Tenn presumably won't complete the trade unless they have an extension in place.

The 3rd from Tenn is better than a 3rd from Jax in that it will likely be at the top of the round as opposed to Jax, as well as not helping a team that will be competing for a playoff spot this year.  I could see his dumbass agent screwing this one up, and I hope Donahoe doesn't end up giving TH to the Jags just because TH agent won't make a deal with Tenn.  If he gets stubborn, we could see Jax drop out and be stuck with Henry even longer, with no competition for Tenn to bid against.

God I'll be glad when this is FINALLY over!

382577[/snapback]

Let's not get paranoid.

MONEY is the key here and, all "strutting" and talking aside, that is what this will come down to for Travis. IF the Titans want to beat out the Jaguars, they will have to not only work out the trade with Buffalo but alos work out a deal with Travis' agent. Engelhard is in this for the money. Period. If Tennessee comes up with equal or better money to the Jaguars, then he will convince Henry , "it's for the best". Travis, meanwhile, proably prefers Jacksoville (closer to home) but more $$$ will get his attention since, in reality, that is all he is truly interested in.

The Bills are not in much of a hurry unless they think they can sign another FA with the cap room a Travis trade clears up. The Jags and Titans and henry, however, ARE in a hurry. Sooooo, the Bills can wait until their demands are met and Travis and the offering team agree on a contract.

Relax, this poker game is going fine for us.

-RnJ

Would the Bills be better off getting someone immediately for Travis than a 3rd round pick or something? Wouldn't they benefit with a lineman who can step in now? 3rd round pick, nice, but doesn't help us right now.

Too bad Travis just can't except his backup roll, get his 15-20 carries a game and really help us win a championship. The Bills would be awesome with WM and TH in the backfield!! Too bad its all about MONEY!!!!!!!!

Too bad Travis just can't except his backup roll, get his 15-20 carries a game and really help us win a championship. The Bills would be awesome with WM and TH in the backfield!! Too bad its all about MONEY!!!!!!!!

382670[/snapback]

In a backup role TH would get 15-20 carries a game? :D I think it would be more like 1 or 2 series(5-7 carries) at best to just give WM a breather.

Would the Bills be better off getting someone immediately for Travis than a 3rd round pick or something? Wouldn't they benefit with a lineman who can step in now? 3rd round pick, nice, but doesn't help us right now.

382670[/snapback]

Yeah but it's a good thing to have picks in next years draft to help us load up on future starters and depth. We have some major issues coming up on the defensive side of the ball in the next 2 years.