Anybody know what happened to Jim Kelley?

After he left the Buffalo News, he went to work for foxsports.com, then espn.com. I don't see him listed as a hockey contributor on espn.com, so I assume he is no longer with them. He used to be on wnsa weekly as part of the "sharpshooters", but have not heard him on wgr since the demise of wnsa.

I always enjoyed his work and was hoping to catch his insights on the new cba.

I'll try to remember what it was but some local outlet was advertising last week an appearance by him doing what sounded like an extended sports interview or discussion. Since I do not remember the details the main thing to take from this is that he is not dead yet and probably still on the scene locally.

I would expect with hockey back now that he will probably have a formal local gig of some sort.

I'll try to remember what it was but some local outlet was advertising last week an appearance by him doing what sounded like an extended sports interview or discussion.  Since I do not remember the details the main thing to take from this is that he is not dead yet and probably still on the scene locally.

I would expect with hockey back now that he will probably have a formal local gig of some sort.

381867[/snapback]

Thanks for the update and for being brief! :lol:

I believe that he is in the Hockey Hall of Fame in the Journalist section. He was head of the National Hockey Writers Association for some time. I miss having him around locally. I hope he starts to pop up on Howard Simon's show as the hockey season gets reved up.

I believe that he is in the Hockey Hall of Fame in  the Journalist section. He was head of the National Hockey Writers Association for some time.  I miss having him around locally. I hope he starts to pop up on Howard Simon's show as the hockey season gets reved up.

381938[/snapback]

There's is no time for guests on Howards show. It would cut into Jeremy White's air time. :lol: