France and the French people are the biggest bunch

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Connecticut is fantastic!  However I need to say the coast of Rhode Island is much funner.  Block Island-Wakefield-Narrangasett-South Kingston, etc, etc,  up to Providence-as fun as any other town!

383531[/snapback]

Except that they call a water fountain a "bubbla." :rolleyes::P

Hmmm . . . there is a great deal to dislike about the French, but I don't think you can dismiss all of them as being arrogant jerks. We don't like being referred to as "ugly americans," do we?

The few French people I have met have been nice to me. My father was over in France and Germany after WWII -- he was part of the last generation of African Americans to serve in the segregated army. Well, he remembers that the French and Germans were very kind to the black G.I.'s. But maybe that's because they were occupied! :doh:

Hmmm . . . there is a great deal to dislike about the French, but I don't think you can dismiss all of them as being arrogant jerks.  We don't like being referred to as "ugly americans," do we?

The few French people I have met have been nice to me.  My father was over in France and Germany after WWII -- he was part of the last generation of African Americans to serve in the segregated army.  Well, he remembers that the French and Germans were very kind to the black G.I.'s.  But maybe that's because they were occupied!  :doh:

384642[/snapback]

It is human nature often to dislike traits in others that we most dislike in ourselves.

Just a thought.

Hmmm . . . there is a great deal to dislike about the French, but I don't think you can dismiss all of them as being arrogant jerks.  We don't like being referred to as "ugly americans," do we?

The few French people I have met have been nice to me.  My father was over in France and Germany after WWII -- he was part of the last generation of African Americans to serve in the segregated army.  Well, he remembers that the French and Germans were very kind to the black G.I.'s.  But maybe that's because they were occupied!  :doh:

384642[/snapback]

But we are ugly Americans...

There really isn't even a good slur for Norweigians.

382805[/snapback]

During the last Winter Olympics, a buddy of mine decided to hate a specific country, and picked Sweden. He couldnt think of a good insult towards them, so he just made up his own slur. Every time a Swedish athelete did something decent, he'd yell out "Damn Toobie, go back to your toob country!"

Made no sense...but funny.

During the last Winter Olympics, a buddy of mine decided to hate a specific country, and picked Sweden.  He couldnt think of a good insult towards them, so he just made up his own slur.  Every time a Swedish athelete did something decent, he'd yell out "Damn Toobie, go back to your toob country!"

384767[/snapback]

That is damn funny. :doh:

I have a vision of some guy leaning over a bridge in a luge run

calling the Swede's toobies.

During the last Winter Olympics, a buddy of mine decided to hate a specific country, and picked Sweden.  He couldnt think of a good insult towards them, so he just made up his own slur.  Every time a Swedish athelete did something decent, he'd yell out "Damn Toobie, go back to your toob country!"

384767[/snapback]

;)