39,000 dead Iraqis

Almost 26,000 dead according to iraqbodycount.com.

Link

379134[/snapback]

that was quoted in the story as well.

IBC was villified in the early going, but it turns out their

methodology based an multiple sourcing is more conservative

than the rest of the sources quoted.

that was quoted in the story as well.

IBC was villified in the early going, but it turns out their

methodology based an multiple sourcing is more conservative

than the rest of the sources quoted.

379136[/snapback]

UNICEF said about a million deaths under Saddam's rule since 1991 with up to half being children.

In addition, As UNICEF and other United Nations bodies and officials have reported, the sanctions (which the U.S. and U.K., primarily, refused to have lifted), added to the death toll since 1991 and was estimated to be close to 1 million deaths up to 1998 with mass starvations and disease (while Saddam Hussein had remained unaffected, and he himself sometimes used that for political advantage). Up to half of these are said to have been be children, but the 500,000 number has been controversial based on the methods of data collection and estimation. Other estimates suggest 227,000. In any case, the sanctions have been crticized for targeting Iraqi people and not Saddam Hussein's regime.

You'd think the Oil-for-Food program would've helped but that bastion of honesty - the UN - just couldn't pull it off.

Link

Where was that? I never heard an amount that high.

379139[/snapback]

Think he's making of fun of Janeane Garafolo's crazy rants on TV over the past two years. I remember her saying 500K were going to die right before the war started.

She supported sanctions, but no word on if she'd read anything UNICEF had to say about them. (my guess: no.)

Think he's making of fun of Janeane Garafolo's crazy rants on TV over the past two years.  I remember her saying 500K were going to die right before the war started.

She supported sanctions, but no word on if she'd read anything UNICEF had to say about them.  (my guess: no.)

379144[/snapback]

She's a stand-up commedian, isn't she?

She's a stand-up commedian, isn't she?

379157[/snapback]

No way! Don't you actually have to perform stand-up and be funny to have that title? If she's a stand-up comic, then so am I. We've had the same number of HBO specials in the past 10 years.

No way!  Don't you actually have to perform stand-up and be funny to have that title?  If she's a stand-up comic, then so am I.  We've had the same number of HBO specials in the past 10 years.

379221[/snapback]

Aw hell, why not? At least she's not fat?