Ahh, so it was Karl Rove....

The Democrats are doing things that get our field people killed! They should be tried for treason! The evidence is right here!

Signed,

- The Republicans during the Clinton Administration

And we wonder why the country continues the downward spiral. <_<

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dude...refer to my post above to the other radical, it applies to you as well.

379017[/snapback]

Have you done your run away and hide thing yet?

I asked some questions. You refuse to provide comment and answers. And the earth spins around again.

The Democrats are doing things that get our field people killed!  They should be tried for treason!  The evidence is right here!

Signed,

- The Republicans during the Clinton Administration

And we wonder why the country continues the downward spiral.  <_<

379123[/snapback]

Were they the dicks!, pussies!, or !@#$s! ?

:P

Well (for BiB), let me B word just to B word...

Nothing paints a clearer picture of the extreme right tilt on this board than the lack of outrage from our conservative friends. Rove compromised our national security by leaking this name, and you fools fail to diplay the same amount of outrage that you normally reserve for PETA demonstrators. His motive was revenge, and I'd say he probably wasn't acting alone. Don't !@#$ with Dubya or his war or you'll pay! Don't say that evidence was worked over to make Iraq look like more of a threat than it was, or we'll tell everyone who you are!

While I wasn't reading PPP at the time, I would imagine that many of you were on your high horse when Clinton was fooling around in the White House. This is really nasty, dangerous stuff, and you Righties are treating it like just another day in Bushland. Talk about Hotpockets! Don't worry, just tow the party line and everything will be fine.

Unfortunately, it's pretty typical and totally predictable.

Nothing paints a clearer picture of the extreme right tilt on this board than the lack of outrage from our conservative friends.
The lack of outrage about a story where we probably know about 25% of what happened.

Rove compromised our national security by leaking this name, and you fools fail to diplay the same amount of outrage that you normally reserve for PETA demonstrators.
Again, that's something we don't know. Did Cooper already know who Plame was? How many reporters knew who Plame was? Even Andrea Mitchell on MSNBC basically admitted that her job wasn't much of a secret around Washington.

His motive was revenge, and I'd say he probably wasn't acting alone.
Behold! Karl Rove's REVENGE: Your Picture......in VANITY FAIR!!!!!! As you attend a party with Robert DeNiro and Nicole Kidman!!!!!

Gee, Karl, next time go easy on 'em. They're totally !@#$ed now.

Don't !@#$ with Dubya or his war or you'll pay!  Don't say that evidence was worked over to make Iraq look like more of a threat than it was, or we'll tell everyone who you are!
Yes, that's what happened. Do you even know who Wilson is?

He's had a bit of trouble with honesty himself.

From the Washington Post:

Wilson last year launched a public firestorm with his accusations that the administration had manipulated intelligence to build a case for war. He has said that his trip to Niger should have laid to rest any notion that Iraq sought uranium there and has said his findings were ignored by the White House.

Wilson's assertions -- both about what he found in Niger and what the Bush administration did with the information -- were undermined yesterday in a bipartisan Senate intelligence committee report.

The panel found that Wilson's report, rather than debunking intelligence about purported uranium sales to Iraq, as he has said, bolstered the case for most intelligence analysts. And contrary to Wilson's assertions and even the government's previous statements, the CIA did not tell the White House it had qualms about the reliability of the Africa intelligence that made its way into 16 fateful words in President Bush's January 2003 State of the Union address.

and

The report turns a harsh spotlight on what Wilson has said about his role in gathering prewar intelligence, most pointedly by asserting that his wife, CIA employee Valerie Plame, recommended him.

and

The report may bolster the rationale that administration officials provided the information not to intentionally expose an undercover CIA employee, but to call into question Wilson's bona fides as an investigator into trafficking of weapons of mass destruction. To charge anyone with a crime, prosecutors need evidence that exposure of a covert officer was intentional.

So the covert agent that eeeeevil Karl Rove wanted to destroy was using her position to send her unqualified, idiot husband to Niger to file a false report and later get famous by blowing the whistle on his own report.

But, no, I'm sure you're right. This is simply a case of Karl Rove using his powers for "revenge" because someone dared to stand up to Bush. There's absolutely nothing more to the story. Move along. Nothing to see here. <_<

BTW, that Washington Post link is over a year old, so I'm sure you're familiar with all that information. Ranting on the issue without that information wouldn't make any sense, now would it?

While I wasn't reading PPP at the time, I would imagine that many of you were on your high horse when Clinton was fooling around in the White House. 
If anyone knows what PPP was like during the Lewinsky scandal, please inform myself and Frenkle so that we can sleep tonight.

This is really nasty, dangerous stuff, and you Righties are treating it like just another day in Bushland.  Talk about Hotpockets!
Does Wilson's half-assed report, Plame's recommending her husband for something he wasn't qualified for, or our media's piss-poor reporting of a story they barely understand count as "really nasty, dangerous stuff"? Where's the outrage???

BTW, "Bushland"? Nice nod to Maureen Dowd.....

Don't worry, just tow the party line and everything will be fine.

Unfortunately, it's pretty typical and totally predictable

mmmmm....Irony.

Nothing paints a clearer picture of the extreme right tilt on this board than the lack of outrage from our conservative friends.  Rove compromised our national security by leaking this name, and you fools fail to diplay the same amount of outrage that you normally reserve for PETA demonstrators.  His motive was revenge, and I'd say he probably wasn't acting alone.  Don't !@#$ with Dubya or his war or you'll pay!  Don't say that evidence was worked over to make Iraq look like more of a threat than it was, or we'll tell everyone who you are!

While I wasn't reading PPP at the time, I would imagine that many of you were on your high horse when Clinton was fooling around in the White House.  This is really nasty, dangerous stuff, and you Righties are treating it like just another day in Bushland.  Talk about Hotpockets!  Don't worry, just tow the party line and everything will be fine.

379410[/snapback]

<_<

Believe it or not Gene, I'm apolitical.

Instead of naming Plame, he said it was Wilson's wife.

Sorta gives him plausable deniability. Very "Clintonesque."

379547[/snapback]

That is word for word what Michael Isikoff told Chris Matthews last night on Hardball (I couldn't change the channel fast enough).

Funny, he hasn't been charged with anything and dimwits like Matthews and Isikoff have already convicted him. The sloppy coverage of this thing - almost foaming at the mouth because they think they have "Watergate 2" on their hands - is almost surreal.

That is word for word what Michael Isikoff told Chris Matthews last night on Hardball (I couldn't change the channel fast enough).

Funny, he hasn't been charged with anything and dimwits like Matthews and Isikoff have already convicted him.  The sloppy coverage of this thing - almost foaming at the mouth because they think they have "Watergate 2" on their hands - is almost surreal.

379560[/snapback]

Maybe I could have a punditry career (no thanks.) Hard to know what happened

at this point, Grand Jury testimony should be sealed. But Rove has proved he knows how to play nasty and anything he might have done doesn't surprise me.

This is the man that made.......the primaries about McCain's black baby

and made the 2004 election about gays. That doesn't

convict him, but he did also declare open season on Plame.

Nothing paints a clearer picture of the extreme right tilt on this board than the lack of outrage from our conservative friends.  Rove compromised our national security by leaking this name, and you fools fail to diplay the same amount of outrage that you normally reserve for PETA demonstrators.  His motive was revenge, and I'd say he probably wasn't acting alone.  Don't !@#$ with Dubya or his war or you'll pay!  Don't say that evidence was worked over to make Iraq look like more of a threat than it was, or we'll tell everyone who you are!

While I wasn't reading PPP at the time, I would imagine that many of you were on your high horse when Clinton was fooling around in the White House.  This is really nasty, dangerous stuff, and you Righties are treating it like just another day in Bushland.  Talk about Hotpockets!  Don't worry, just tow the party line and everything will be fine.

379410[/snapback]

i am a right wing loonie....and i am outraged at Karl Rove's actions.

however....i am not quite sure i understand the effects of what he did. Are there any?

I haven't read this whole thread, and not going to. But if evidence when fully shown shows Rove did in fact release her name and what she was doing, then he should have his clearance pulled, be fired and be brought up on charges.

However did one of Clintons cronies also do something worse as in stealing documents in his shoes? What did he get, a 3 month suspension of his clearance and a a reprimand.

I haven't read this whole thread, and not going to.  But if evidence when fully shown shows Rove did in fact release her name and what she was doing, then he should have his clearance pulled, be fired and be brought up on charges. 

379608[/snapback]

Well, read my posts at least. :wacko:

I agree with what you wrote entirely. The only problem with the very last part - the charges - is that it's only a crime if you knowingly reveal the name of an undercover agent and that's going to be near impossible to prove, especially in this case. Rove's lawyer could easily argue that due to Plame's obvious involvement in getting her husband that trip to Niger, he had no reason to think she was undercover.

i am a right wing loonie....and i am outraged at Karl Rove's actions.

however....i am not quite sure i understand the effects of what he did.  Are there any?

379597[/snapback]

At the very least, he caused a CIA agent to end her career sooner than she otherwise would have. He compromised our national security by outing an undercover agent who your tax dollars paid to train. He also put at risk the safety of her and anyone she may have used as a contact in foriegn countries - contacts that for whatever reason were sympathetic to America.

No bid deal.

Facts like Karl Rove, the President's "Brain", outing a CIA agent?

That's the only relavent fact here, no matter how it's spun.

380104[/snapback]

In other words, you had never heard any of the information from the Washington Post article I posted yesterday and, in general, would prefer not to hear information the clashes with your pathetic, myopic view of the world.

I guess it's easier to make judgements and stick to your guns when you go out of your way to ignore the information you don't want to hear.

Carry on.

Myopia+Ideology=More Cowbell

380118[/snapback]

Eagerness to ignore information + outrage + outrage that there isn't more outrage = Frenkle?

God, this board has collapsed today. It's all grammar and math lessons!

At the very least, he caused a CIA agent to end her career sooner than she otherwise would have.  He compromised our national security by outing an undercover agent who your tax dollars paid to train.  He also put at risk the safety of her and anyone she may have used as a contact in foriegn countries - contacts that for whatever reason were sympathetic to America.

No bid deal.

380100[/snapback]

If you could read, you would know that she was outed as an active agent by Aldrich Ames over 10 years ago! She was a desk jockey. Rove told the reporter that his pursuing what her husband said was wrong and that it wasn't the White House or the Director of the CIA who sent him, but his wife who suggested him for the trip.

But of course it doesn't fit the mantra.

HALLIBURTON! FLIGHTSUIT! NOSEPICK! ROVE! DING!!!

Eagerness to ignore information + outrage + outrage that there isn't more outrage = Frenkle?

God, this board has collapsed today.  It's all grammar and math lessons!

380122[/snapback]

OK, so what should we talk about?

Anyone ever check out the politics board on the "Range"? You think WE are a bunch of morons. As stupid as this shidd gets sometimes, everyone here is a Rhodes Scholar compared. Went to peruse today. Wow. Had to wash my brain when I was done. Not all of them, but I picture a lot of folks forced to wear football helmets when they go to the mall.

In other words, you had never heard any of the information from the Washington Post article I posted yesterday and, in general, would prefer not to hear information the clashes with your pathetic, myopic view of the world.

I guess it's easier to make judgements and stick to your guns when you go out of your way to ignore the information you don't want to hear.

Carry on.

380116[/snapback]

The article has nothing to do with Rove's actions.

It certainly calls into question Wilson's credibility, but it also stats that the Post believes it was lied to by Wilson, so there may be a bone to pick here, maybe not.

Who the hell is being myopic here? What is your point, that Wilson may have distorted facts? This changes nothing about the fact that...once again...

Karl Rove outed a CIA agent. In case you missed it, that's a fact.

If you could read, you would know that she was outed as an active agent by Aldrich Ames over 10 years ago! She was a desk jockey.  Rove told the reporter that his pursuing what her husband said was wrong and that it wasn't the White House or the Director of the CIA who sent him, but his wife who suggested him for the trip.

But of course it doesn't fit the mantra.

HALLIBURTON! FLIGHTSUIT! NOSEPICK! ROVE!    DING!!!

380126[/snapback]

Did Rush tell you that?

It certainly calls into question Wilson's credibility, but it also stats that the Post believes it was lied to by Wilson, so there may be a bone to pick here, maybe not.

Who the hell is being myopic here?  What is your point, that Wilson may have distorted facts?  This changes nothing about the fact that...once again...

Karl Rove outed a CIA agent.  In case you missed it, that's a fact.

380141[/snapback]

Define "Agent".

What is your definition of a CIA agent?  Doesn't seem like a tough question.

380155[/snapback]

Is this a trick question? What's the point???

I believe it's a designation given to a certain type of employee withing the CIA. Spy is probably a decent equivalent.

I'm sure the reason you're asking will now become clear. Fire away. :angry:

Is this a trick question?  What's the point???

I believe it's a designation given to a certain type of employee withing the CIA.  Spy is probably a decent equivalent.

I'm sure the reason you're asking will now become clear.  Fire away. :angry:

380156[/snapback]

I'm not asking - someone else was. But it's OK to project if it helps you get through the day.

Who the hell is being myopic here?  What is your point, that Wilson may have distorted facts?  This changes nothing about the fact that...once again...

380141[/snapback]

Uh, actually it has a lot to do with Rove's actions, because the whole thing started when Cooper asked to interview Rove about Joe Wilson. Calls into question Wilson's motives, qualifications, and integrity - as well as his wife's integrity if she's a covert CIA agent who uses her job to send her husband on trips to Niger that he isn't qualified to take (not the best way to stay covert, IMO, but then again I've never been in the CIA).

The main point is there's a lot more to this story than "Rove leaked CIA agent's name" (for revenge, which you seem to be sure of) but ignore everything else and keep trying to oversimplify until everything fits your world view.

Karl Rove outed a CIA agent.  In case you missed it, that's a fact.
Has he been charged with anything? Convicted? Convicted by anyone other than Chris Matthews and Michael "Koran Abuse!" Isikoff? No? Oh, then why not be reasonable and take a wait and see approach to facts coming out slowly about an old story?

OK, yeah, that last one was a silly question.... :angry:

Nicholas D. Kristof's OP-ED Piece in the NYT

"First, the C.I.A. suspected that Aldrich Ames had given Mrs. Wilson's name (along with those of other spies) to the Russians before his espionage arrest in 1994. So her undercover security was undermined at that time, and she was brought back to Washington for safety reasons."

380160[/snapback]

THAT'S NOT IMPORTANT!!! IGNORE THAT!!! THE IMPORTANT THING IS KARL ROVE AND NO ONE ELSE!!!!!!

/G.F.

I'm not asking - someone else was.  But it's OK to project if it helps you get through the day.

380157[/snapback]

Actually, technically you did.

What is your definition of a CIA agent?  Doesn't seem like a tough question.

380155[/snapback]

No need to be a dick about it.