Google Earth

Nope, it hasn't bumped me off yet.

It's an old (pre-new turf) pic of the Ralph. Pretty cool though. If you go up to the Falls you can see the Maid of the Mist right in front of the Horseshoe Falls.

I can see the basketball net in my backyard. Pretty cool... but also kind of creepy. :doh:

I can also see Jay and Rockpile walking into Nick's! :doh:

Nope, it hasn't bumped me off yet.

It's an old (pre-new turf) pic of the Ralph.  Pretty cool though.  If you go up to the Falls you can see the Maid of the Mist right in front of the Horseshoe Falls.

I can see the basketball net in my backyard.  Pretty cool... but also kind of creepy.  :doh:

I can also see Jay and Rockpile walking into Nick's!  :doh:

376576[/snapback]

Funny stuff. It let me back on now. I actually do GIS/remote sensing work for a living so it amazes me that this is all free.....

Funny stuff.  It let me back on now.  I actually do GIS/remote sensing work for a living so it amazes me that this is all free.....

376626[/snapback]

Hopefully it stays free.

I'm having fun finding stadiums and airports around the country freehand (without looking them up). If you go to Hartsfield Airport in Atlanta and head for the international terminal you can see a big 747 taxiing and almost make out the name on the fuselage. Amazing.

Some of these images are old, or at least taken a few years ago, but still cool as hell!

376639[/snapback]

True. Comerica Park isn't up in Detroit yet, for example, but that means Tiger Stadium still is. Go take a look there.

I wonder if I am doing something wrong.  some images are completely clear (my old house in Rochester) and some are not even close (my current house in Richmond)...is it something I am doing or just a limitation of the program.

376918[/snapback]

The resolution of the imagery varies. it is usually better (higher res) in more populated areas or areas with important landmarks, etc. Aerial imagery is very expensive so I imagine the higher res areas were flown or captured from satellite for another purpose (other than the google toy) in the past.

Yes, Tiger Stadium is still standing. If you look on the image you can see both Tiger Stadium AND Comerica Park. Tiger Stadium was used as Yankee Stadium in the movie 61*. They were going to tear it down afterwords but never did.

This is just a repackaged version of Google's KeyholeLT. Cool? Yes. But nothing new. Ive had keyhole for 6 months or so.

Also, its the same images that can be found by going to maps.google.com and clicking on "sattelite" for the view.

This is just a repackaged version of Google's KeyholeLT. Cool? Yes. But nothing new. Ive had keyhole for 6 months or so.

Also, its the same images that can be found by going to maps.google.com and clicking on "sattelite" for the view.

376971[/snapback]

Off topic. I assume the move with the dog went as well as can be expected. How's things going after the move, all in all? Settling in OK?

Off topic. I assume the move with the dog went as well as can be expected. How's things going after the move, all in all? Settling in OK?

376982[/snapback]

Things are great. Once I moved home, I moved in with the parents (first time since I've been 18 and went to college). Not too bad, but I'm 25 and need to be out. The job at Geico is perfect for me, and I just found an apartment just off of Elmwood which I will be moving into on July 15th.

Thanks for asking :lol: