Will Smith

Good to see Will Smith setting at least somewhat a decent example. Too much negative influence from all that hip hop gangsta rap nowadays. Makes me sick.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/Music/06/2...h.ap/index.html

I remember the mid to late 80's when rap was fun with good beats and rhythm. Groups like 3rd Base, Tribe Called Quest, Jungle Brothers, Stetsasonic, Run DMC, YO MTV Raps. None of those groups had the image of gangbanging.

I guess we have NWA and 2 Live Crew to thank for all this crap rap which has led us to such great artists as 50 cent, Eminem and everyother punk on the crap radio stations. <_<

It's hard to ignore something as sound and as sensible as what Mr Smith is saying... With Black Eyed Peas making a go of it off the back of their socially conscious hit 'Where is the love?' there may be a route back into the mainstream for Rap and Hip Hop artists that DON'T celebrate drive-bys, drug taking and B word slapping.

3rd Base, Tribe Called Quest, Jungle Brothers, Stetsasonic, Run DMC, YO MTV Raps - man those bring some memories!

How about BIG DADDY KANE.............BIZ MARKIE..............PUBLIC ENEMY.............LEADERS OF THE NEW SCHOOL............KID N PLAY....... THE FAB FIVE..............ICE T............GANGSTARR.......KRS1..........

How about BIG DADDY KANE.............BIZ MARKIE..............PUBLIC ENEMY.............LEADERS OF THE NEW SCHOOL............KID N PLAY....... THE FAB FIVE..............ICE T............GANGSTARR.......KRS1..........

371009[/snapback]

No list is complete without The Fat Boys...

<_<

Good to see Will Smith setting at least somewhat a decent example. Too much negative influence from all that hip hop gangsta rap nowadays. Makes me sick.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/Music/06/2...h.ap/index.html

I remember the mid to late 80's when rap was fun with good beats and rhythm. Groups like 3rd Base, Tribe Called Quest, Jungle Brothers, Stetsasonic, Run DMC, YO MTV Raps. None of those groups had the image of gangbanging.

I guess we have NWA and 2 Live Crew to thank for all this crap rap which has led us to such great artists as 50 cent, Eminem and everyother punk on the crap radio stations.  :P

370483[/snapback]

I like the violent sh*t. My favorite tour was "Stop the Violence". Those guys were trying to stop the violence with homicide(on account of their lost record sales)! Favorite rivalry: Kool Moe Dee vs. LL Cool J. How ya' like me now? In fact, to commemorate the 20 year anniversary of that rivalry, the first carpooler to pass out drunk at pole 5 this year will be wrapped in siran, like ham in a pan, kidnapped and slapped up inside of the van. :D:lol::lol:

"Scenario" by Tribe Called Quest remains my favorite rap song of all time. Overplayed in its time perhaps but...

"Bo knows this and Bo knows that. But Bo don't know jack 'cause Bo can't rap!"