If you were the GM the Bills would suck

Can't any of you wait until training camp/preseason to trade travis? There are going to be a few teams that will give something real up for him then. Come on, there are going to be injuries to runningbacks, we see it every year. They didn't trade travis because no one offered anything worth while. Shelton was cut by the cards, it would have been stupid to trade travis for him. No one else has offered anything close to his value. The time will come and I applaud TD for holding on to his cards until they can actually pay off.

Come on, we ought to get rid of him just to get rid of him, take whatever we can get, and be happy. He's a terrible club house cancer, sitting down there in Florida, and has already disrupted our entire offseason.

I think he's also responsible for the collapse of the WNY economy.

Come on, we ought to get rid of him just to get rid of him, take whatever we can get, and be happy. He's a terrible club house cancer, sitting down there in Florida, and has already disrupted our entire offseason.

I think he's also responsible for the collapse of the WNY economy.

368265[/snapback]

Our offseason? Are you in the lockerroom? Do you think that anyone that is actually on the team cares? They know who the #1 runningback is and it isn't travis. How can he be a cancer in the clubhouse if he is not there. No one but you posters cares what he says. Everyone on the team, everyone in the nfl, or even in the business knows it is a business and knows that everything he says is said to try and advance his career.

Our offseason? Are you in the lockerroom?  Do you think that anyone that is actually on the team cares?  They know who the #1 runningback is and it isn't travis.  How can he be a cancer in the clubhouse if he is not there.  No one but you posters cares what he says.  Everyone on the team, everyone in the nfl, or even in the business knows it is a business and knows that everything he says is said to try and advance his career.

Uh, the above was sarcasm. Travis isn't a lockerroom "cancer" sitting home in Florida, and won't be one for at least half the season, if he follows through with his threat to sit-out. And even if he WERE to return, his attitude has likely turned-off many teammates to the point that no one would care about what he was saying.

And I think it would be stupid to trade him right now. His value to other teams is presently a 4th rounder, which is better than it was at draft time. The Bills won't see his value go down any (unless something happens to him that they can't control) and it can only increase as more RB's go down.

Uh, the above was sarcasm.  Travis isn't a lockerroom "cancer" sitting home in Florida, and won't be one for at least half the season, if he follows through with his threat to sit-out.  And even if he WERE to return, his attitude has likely turned-off many teammates to the point that no one would care about what he was saying.

And I think it would be stupid to trade him right now.  His value to other teams is presently a 4th rounder, which is better than it was at draft time.  The Bills won't see his value go down any (unless something happens to him that they can't control) and it can only increase as more RB's go down.

368278[/snapback]

Point taken, Somehow the sarcasm flew right over my head. With all of the TD haters I missed it, sorry.

Can't any of you wait until training camp/preseason to trade travis?  There are going to be a few teams that will give something real up for him then.  Come on, there are going to be injuries to runningbacks, we see it every year.  They didn't trade travis because no one offered anything worth while.  Shelton was cut by the cards, it would have been stupid to trade travis for him.  No one else has offered anything close to his value.  The time will come and I applaud TD for holding on to his cards until they can actually pay off.

368256[/snapback]

Well, TD is the GM and they barely don't suck!!!

:angry: What was the germination of this, the Gaughan article? It's been weeks since I've seen a 'Trade Travis' thread, and everyone is pretty level-headed about it at this point. I don't see any mobs forming, dude.

If Tom Donahoe hears us talking about him behind his back...

<shudder>

368411[/snapback]

Yeah. I heard he hangs around with Satan, Mephistophales, Beelzebub, and Jon Lovitz.

Uh, the above was sarcasm.  Travis isn't a lockerroom "cancer" sitting home in Florida, and won't be one for at least half the season, if he follows through with his threat to sit-out.  And even if he WERE to return, his attitude has likely turned-off many teammates to the point that no one would care about what he was saying.

And I think it would be stupid to trade him right now.  His value to other teams is presently a 4th rounder, which is better than it was at draft time.  The Bills won't see his value go down any (unless something happens to him that they can't control) and it can only increase as more RB's go down.

368278[/snapback]

Thanks. That's what my sarcastic response was meant to imply.