Michelle Wie

KRT88

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it just me or is Michelle Wie just plan hot?

:Poh wait I can't say that she's only 15!  :lol:

<_<

OK, she'll be hot in 3 years right now she's just damn cute!

:P

367837[/snapback]

Will you love her long time????

Is it just me or is Michelle Wie just plan hot?

:Poh wait I can't say that she's only 15!  :lol:

<_<

OK, she'll be hot in 3 years right now she's just damn cute!

:P

367837[/snapback]

Her competing makes me sick- the fact that she is good is the only thing that separates her from Todd Marinovich. Her parents dennied her a childhood, just like TM's took his away from him.....anything for a free ride, I guess.

What????

Wie, finished 2nd earlier on the LPGA this year, and has won the women's Amateur Public Links Championship.  She also was leading the OPen going into the final day. 

Pressal is ranked higher but she is 2 years older. She also has only won she minor amateur events.  You might have the wrong person mixed up woth Anna Kornikova.

369903[/snapback]

What has Wie won outside of amateur events? Answer ZERO. Same as Pressel. Now we cant compare records in the LPGA events as Wie gets exemptions that Pressel does not,ala LPGA championship, where she finished 2nd and Pressel was not invited.. But in the amuteur rankings, Pressel is number one and Wie number two. BTW, I have NO idea how those rankings are done

Again, not a rant agaisnt Michele Wie. Think shes awesome. Just quit giving her exemptions into mens events until she at least wins one agaisn't the women.Heres somewhat what I'm talking about.

"Wie also will make her third appearance in a PGA Tour event when she plays in the John Deere Classic the week before the Public Links. The top finisher in the John Deere not otherwise exempt for the British Open will earn a spot the following week at St. Andrews, leaving open the long-shot possibility that Wie could earn a spot in the major championship and skip the Public Links".

Her competing makes me sick- the fact that she is good is the only thing that separates her from Todd Marinovich. Her parents dennied her a childhood, just like TM's took his away from him.....anything for a free ride, I guess.

370121[/snapback]

Do you golf? Besides having perhaps the best swing I have seen including Tiger Woods, you have to remember she is still an amatuer, and played in the open because she was invited.

She will never have to go to college, unless she wants to.

Again, not a rant agaisnt Michele Wie. Think shes awesome. Just quit giving her exemptions into mens events until she at least wins one agaisn't the women.

370158[/snapback]

I've never understood this opinion. I'm just thankful the sponsors are there to support the tournaments. So if a sponsor wants to use their exemptions on Wie, or a local favorite, or the brother of the CEO's mistress, who cares?? Let them use their exemptions however they want. That's what they get for ponying up as the sponsor.

I've never understood this opinion.  I'm just thankful the sponsors are there to support the tournaments.  So if a sponsor wants to use their exemptions on Wie, or a local favorite, or the brother of the CEO's mistress, who cares??  Let them use their exemptions however they want.  That's what they get for ponying up as the sponsor.

370196[/snapback]

Maybe they shouldn't turn their nose down at NASCAR. Want to find a nice sports sponsorship business model?

Oh, sorry. That makes me trailer park wahoo trash. Much better for educated sophisticated folks to turn their nose in the air and lust after 15 year old girls hitting a ball with a stick for 4 hours.

What has  Wie won outside of amateur events? Answer ZERO. Same as Pressel. Now we cant compare records in the LPGA events as Wie gets exemptions that Pressel does not,ala LPGA championship, where she finished 2nd and Pressel was not invited.. But in the amuteur rankings, Pressel is number one and Wie number two. BTW, I have NO idea how those rankings are done

Again, not a rant agaisnt Michele Wie. Think shes awesome. Just quit giving her exemptions into mens events until she at least wins one agaisn't the women.Heres somewhat what I'm talking about.

"Wie also will make her third appearance in a PGA Tour event when she plays in the John Deere Classic the week before the Public Links. The top finisher in the John Deere not otherwise exempt for the British Open will earn a spot the following week at St. Andrews, leaving open the long-shot possibility that Wie could earn a spot in the major championship and skip the Public Links".

370158[/snapback]

Actually Wie is ranked 8th in the world for Amateurs as of this week. Is a big formula that hurts Wie because she plays in so many none amateur events that don't count. Basically it is a ranking of how you do against your peers. The harder the competition the more points you get. Pressel has received exeptions as well so don't fool yourself into thinking it is only Wie. I know she has played in the Nabisco and Michelob on exemptions. While Wie has some, she has only qualified into just as many with her game. Something that Pressel has either not tried or could not qualify for. I have read that in Wie few times in the Tour events so far this year she would be ranked in the top 10 for the pro's. So there really is no comparison Pressel is not nearly as good of a player.

Actually Wie is ranked 8th in the world for Amateurs as of this week.  Is a big formula that hurts Wie because she plays in so many none amateur events that don't count.  Basically it is a ranking of how you do against your peers.  The harder the competition the more points you get.  Pressel has received exeptions as well so don't fool yourself into thinking it is only Wie.  I know she has played in the Nabisco and Michelob on exemptions.  While Wie has some, she has only qualified into just as many with her game.  Something that Pressel has either not tried or could not qualify for.  I have read that in Wie few times in the Tour events so far this year she would be ranked in the top 10 for the pro's.  So there really is no comparison Pressel is not nearly as good of a player.

370213[/snapback]

So, this is your couched explanation for lusting after teenage golfers?

Actually Wie is ranked 8th in the world for Amateurs as of this week.  Is a big formula that hurts Wie because she plays in so many none amateur events that don't count.  Basically it is a ranking of how you do against your peers.  The harder the competition the more points you get.  Pressel has received exeptions as well so don't fool yourself into thinking it is only Wie.  I know she has played in the Nabisco and Michelob on exemptions.  While Wie has some, she has only qualified into just as many with her game.  Something that Pressel has either not tried or could not qualify for.  I have read that in Wie few times in the Tour events so far this year she would be ranked in the top 10 for the pro's.  So there really is no comparison Pressel is not nearly as good of a player.

370213[/snapback]

Thought that that might be the case in terms of the rankings. We will see about your last statement. I see about 10 hrs a year of womens golf, but just seems to me based off what I read that Pressel is every bit the player that Wie is, but ain't as good looking or the media darling that Wie is.

But to go back to the original premise of the thread, I hate to admit that I do find her hot