Popsicle Disaster in NY

JoeF

A gooey sticky flood

Let's see-- fairly warm summer day (80 degrees), something is frozen---it melts--wow.....shocker...no wonder this town won't get the Olympics, they can't even do popsicle art.

364574[/snapback]

Idiots rule much of the world. :D

If I may rant, this "Flavor-Ice" garbage that's sold today is a far cry from the original 2-stick Popsicles (grape, cherry, orange, root beer, etc., the fudge pop - NONE of today's watermelon or strawberry or mixed flavor nonsense).

Not to mention the original Creamsicle - orange sherbet encasing vanilla, or the Dreamsicle - same construction but with raspberry sherbet.

I think Skippy Cups have disappeared, too. :P

Idiots rule much of the world. :D

If I may rant, this "Flavor-Ice" garbage that's sold today is a far cry from the original 2-stick Popsicles (grape, cherry, orange, root beer, etc., the fudge pop - NONE of today's watermelon or strawberry or mixed flavor nonsense).

Not to mention the original Creamsicle - orange sherbet encasing vanilla, or the Dreamsicle - same construction but with raspberry sherbet.

I think Skippy Cups have disappeared, too. :P

364592[/snapback]

Creamsickles are NO MORE????

The scariest part about this article is that they seemed shocked that the popsicle would melt all over the place...

skippy cups rocked, and so did freezie-pops, the kind where you could get 100 for about $2...we actually have a case of those in the freezer :D

Time to throw another couple billion at public school science class.

364588[/snapback]

:D

All spent on Freezers and Bunsen Burners apparently..no beakers--you want to recreate a flood...

Creamsickles are NO MORE????

364596[/snapback]

The difference between Creamsicles and Dreamsicles click here

Not for nothing but the graphic that goes with it is rather disturbing! :P:D

Fudgesicles were creamy chocolate ice cream; now they are chocolate flavored popsicles. :D

Fudgesicles were creamy chocolate ice cream; now they are chocolate flavored popsicles.  :D

364641[/snapback]

Whoever started this evolution should be subject to long slow torture and eventual death. My kids look at me strange as they slurp on frozen chocolate water and I say---"you know back in the old days--these were rich and creamy"

The difference between Creamsicles and Dreamsicles click here

Not for nothing but the graphic that goes with it is rather disturbing!  :P  :D

Fudgesicles were creamy chocolate ice cream; now they are chocolate flavored popsicles.  :D

364641[/snapback]

No, there was no price differential between a Creamsicle and a Dreamsicle. The Dreamsicle fell out of favor in the early '60's. Same fate for Mars' "Forever Yours" bar, which was a Milky Way with white nougat and semi-sweet chocolate coating. There was a brief comback a few years ago, but it didn't sell - the current general candy market wants no suble, refined flavors or savoring a taste - just down the hatch and gimme more sugar.

There was 2 versions of Fudgesicle. One was a bar with a stick similar in appearance to an Ice Cream Bar. The other version was a twin stick item, with the same wax paper wrap as a Popsicle, and were sold as "Bi-sicles.

Of course these days, such terms as fudge have been captured as homosexual expressions. We no longer can have a "gay old time", as the Flintstone" intro said, and the "Gay Nineties" are gone, and assuredly referring to the term for a fragrent flower in a gentleman's lapel or a gentleman's gift to a young lass that was called a "nosegay" will get you in deep doodoo or serious suspicion these days. :lol:

Even candy can't live up to the sublime utopia that was 1950.

Shop around. You can still find excellent fudgesicles. As a matter of fact, you can still find pretty much anything you want. Or you could just B word about it.

Shop around.  You can still find excellent fudgesicles.  As a matter of fact, you can still find pretty much anything you want.  Or you could just B word about it.

364823[/snapback]

You obviously have never had a creamsickle.

364588[/snapback]

The sad thing is that our nation's public schools won't hire the best teachers out there for political reasons or what have you. I've had my share of incompetent teachers while going through school. I've always wondered how they managed to "earn" their teaching certificates. :D

364588[/snapback]

It always comes back to a school problem. Why can't the school solve all of the world's problems? That is what we pay those lazy teacher to do. If we only had a no popsicle left behind law!

A.D. You post some funny stuff but you have a huge chip on your shoulder that makes you seem a touch pathetic.

Flame on.

Shop around.  You can still find excellent fudgesicles.  As a matter of fact, you can still find pretty much anything you want.  Or you could just B word about it.

364823[/snapback]

I prefer the "bucolic '50's", please. :blink:

Paying a buck for a pack of Teaberry gum doesn't make me jump for joy...

Getting back to fudgsicles, the ones sold under the "Healthy Choice" label are quite good.