Oil prices

Something catastrophic isn't outside the realm of possibility. A few well placed terrorist attacks in the middle east could disrupt a lot of flow.

365163[/snapback]

And those fools would be super happy to do it.

The sooner we develop fusion power for electricity and hyrdogen separation the better. Then all those Allah Akhbar types can go back to being totally irrelevant.

And those fools would be super happy to do it.

The sooner we develop fusion power for electricity and hyrdogen separation the better. Then all those Allah Akhbar types can go back to being totally irrelevant.

365167[/snapback]

Exactly. It might even take something like that to get our president to understand the importance of reducing our dependence on oil. Not that I want it to happen, just stating it might take something like that to get the obvious through his thick Texas skull.

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for the government to push alternative fuels. This is something that will be developed and enhanced by the private sector. The rise in oil prices has already encouraged car manufacturers to come out with hybrid cars. So let OPEC cut its own throat.

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for the government to push alternative fuels.  This is something that will be developed and enhanced by the private sector.  The rise in oil prices has already encouraged car manufacturers to come out with hybrid cars.  So let OPEC cut its own throat.

365571[/snapback]

Absolutely. Now that the Prius has taken off, there will be a ton more companies following suit. Of course, the Big 3 are years behind right now - something they've actually admitted publically.

Exactly. It might even take something like that to get our president to understand the importance of reducing our dependence on oil. Not that I want it to happen, just stating it might take something like that to get the obvious through his thick Texas skull.

365173[/snapback]

One shouldn't narrow the focus to just the U.S. It's bigger than that. A major disruption or upheaval in the oil market drastically affects the WORLD economy, and we get back doored with problems just the same, even if everything we had ran on beer farts - America would be hurt.

One shouldn't narrow the focus to just the U.S. It's bigger than that. A major disruption or upheaval in the oil market drastically affects the WORLD economy, and we get back doored with problems just the same, even if everything we had ran on beer farts - America would be hurt.

365647[/snapback]

Cars that run on beer farts? How do you reconcile that with DWI laws? <_<

:lol:

365647[/snapback]

A car that runs on beer farts?? BRILLIANT!!!! :lol: