Why isn't Miami game on DirectTV now?

otterpops

Maybe its me but I can't seem to find the Miami/Tennessee game. I am no Dolphin or Titan fan but I would be bummed if I paid for Sunday Ticket and didn't get to see this game.

26856[/snapback]

Apparently, it's tape-delayed and will be shown tomorrow at 1 PM ET.

If you're in the Miami or Tennessee area, you will see the game today.

Maybe it's because the package is called Sunday Ticket. But seriously that is pretty lame of the NFL not to show that game today.

26860[/snapback]

This is so lame I can't even understand it. Why in the hell would you NOT put the game on? It has to be a network/advertising thing, but I'll be calling DirecTV and getting a credit to my account because I don't pay for delayed games.

This is so lame I can't even understand it. Why in the hell would you NOT put the game on? It has to be a network/advertising thing, but I'll be calling DirecTV and getting a credit to my account because I don't pay for delayed games.

26871[/snapback]

This is lame. Who the heck wants to watch a game tape delayed, especially when the outcome will be well known before it airs....dumb.....

I'm sure the other networks that are showing college football bitched to the NFL about taking ratings away from them if they let the game air on direcTV... just a thought, but why else would they not air the game. It's a money thing and the networks don't want to get slighted on ratings (which equal advertising $$$) because they lost viewers to an NFL game that wasn't supposed to be scheduled. It's all about money... which sucks. If this were a Bills game and I didn't get to watch it until tomorrow, I'd be EXTEREMELY pissed off!

26871[/snapback]

I wasn't happy, either. If it's not a nationally televised game (Monday Night, ESPN, etc.) DirecTV should show it. Especially as much as you pay for 'Sunday Ticket'. :doh: :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

I am sure that thre are restrictions with the TV networks regarding the showing of games on Sunday ticket.

It amounts to the NFL bypassing the networks and so there have to be limitations. Otherwise, why would the networks pay so damn much money for the rights to show games.

I have never seen the TV contract with the networks (it's probably the size of a small novel), but you can bet that the NFL has agreed to all kinds of things to make the networks happy about protecting their investment. And the NFL has evey incentive to do so. They like to see the cap limits and revenues going up every year and so do the players.

This is not at all surprising. And BTW, if the networks and their affiliates thought they would get better ratings NOT showing the Phin/Titans game locally in Miiami and Tennessee, they wouldn't! It's totally their option.

Let me know when you get the refund. Will be waiting for that to happen! While I agree it would have been nice for them to have made the game available, they didn't and I'm sure because of contract issues. I'll guarentee you that the contract with the NFL is air tight and you're not going to get a refund becaue the games tape delayed. There are different number of games on each week on Sunday Ticket. For example this week there will be one less game becaue of Thursday game. If you don't wan to watch a tape delayed game, very simply watch a diferent one.

26871[/snapback]

From my understanding, the NFL couldn't allow the game to be shown nationally because there is language in there TV contracts that forbid national games on Saturday's during the college season.

I agree it is stupid, but remember the game was moved up as a result of "unavoidable" circumstances. The networks who pay for college rights, along with the advertisers who paid for commerial time had no idea this would happen. Had the NFL allowed national TV coverage, many of those advertisers may have been asking for refunds.

Jay from DC and KRT88 are correct...you both win a cupie doll!! :doh:

But it does seem kinda strange that if the game had to be moved due to possible hazardous weather, the NCAA would certainly understand that, then why oh why would their be an issue about fufilling the contract DTV (read the NFL) has with it's viewers........oh I forgot we are talking about the NCAA.

Maybe it's because the package is called Sunday Ticket. But seriously that is pretty lame of the NFL not to show that game today.

26860[/snapback]

DirecTV, Sunday Ticket says you get up to 14 games, not all games. Thursday night, Sunday night & Monday night games are not on DirecTV.

This is so lame I can't even understand it. Why in the hell would you NOT put the game on? It has to be a network/advertising thing, but I'll be calling DirecTV and getting a credit to my account because I don't pay for delayed games

LA, let me know the outcome of your call. If they give you a free PPV or something, then i'll call too.