Speed: I do the math here

On 4/27/2024 at 4:13 PM, oldmanfan said:

Thanks.  This is the kind of data I’d be looking at if I was drafting.

So Coleman out performed Nacua in the drills that realistically matter more than the stupid 40?  

Hummm....

It makes all the difference in getting, but especially, maintaining separation on go routes, deep posts, and other late breaking, deeper routes. It also makes CBs have to play you differently know that threat is always there. 

Slower, big-bodied, possession college WRs simply can't win jump balls against much better, faster and stronger NFL CBs.

Coleman's tape shows NO separation on deeper routes against college CBs. But he could excel at intermediate or short routes in the NFL if he perfects his trade and learns to run routes with precision. His general athleticism (and ideally confidence and work ethic) should compensate for the lack of long speed. 

Most of his good stuff is from the slot. So we'll have a bevy of slot, middle of the field guys and at this point no boundary WRs. 

Interesting conversation.

Let's be honest @KDIGGZ and his cohort will be negative about anything.

Coleman reportedly ran the 2nd fastest speed on a go route (along with the fastest gauntlet drill of at least the last 2 drafts) at 21.71 mph. I don't know math like @oldmanfan, but a quick Google search tells me a it would be 18.18 mph to run 4.5 seconds in a flying 40.

Maybe Coleman just didn't prepare to run the way a lot of guys do for the Combine. It's a Combine specific event... not like they'll ever do that again.

Dude's not slow. Watch him return punts. So young and so much untapped potential.

I think it's amazing how much his 40 time dropped his draft stock. Lucky for Buffalo, we hope.

13 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Let's be honest @KDIGGZ and his cohort will be negative about anything.

I don't know if he's one of them, but there's a contingent of fans that go to other teams boards and pretend to be fans of said team (Bills fans do this too) then just attack everything the team does. They're easy to spot because they just trash every single move regardless of anything.

• Thank you (+1) 1