Compassion and Tolerance towards Muslims

I have Muslim friends.

I am not a Muslim, nor do I play one on the Internet.

But I am disturbed by what I perceive to be a real problem that we now have.

The term "hijacked a religion" seems to be an apt description when it comes to the Wahabi fanatics. There seems to be little difference in their current hostile attitude and that of those that ruled Nazi Germany and Tojo's Japan. Anyone that is not "them" is strictly a sub-human. So, respect is not a word or treatment that anyone but they are entitled to. In fact they feel they can do anything to those types because they're less-than-human, you know, sorta like Neanderthals. It doesn't really count. Allah be praised. Achmed squashed a dozen ants today. No worries. Achmed blew himself and a dozen infidels up today. No worries. He was such a nice boy!

Guest RabidBillsFanVT

Christianity sets a very high standard for us to attain, so I don't feel the need to go down to the level of the enemy. religious extremists. They shame their own selves, even though they get pats on the back and congratulations from the ignorant. They'll be punished in due time...

I have Muslim friends.

I am not a Muslim, nor do I play one on the Internet.

But I am disturbed by what I perceive to be a real problem that we now have.

The term "hijacked a religion" seems to be an apt description when it comes to the Wahabi fanatics. There seems to be little difference in their current hostile attitude and that of those that ruled Nazi Germany and Tojo's Japan. Anyone that is not "them" is strictly a sub-human. So, respect is not a word or treatment that anyone but they are entitled to. In fact they feel they can do anything to those types because they're less-than-human, you know, sorta like Neanderthals. It doesn't really count. Allah be praised. Achmed squashed a dozen ants today. No worries. Achmed blew himself and a dozen infidels up today. No worries. He was such a nice boy!

26999[/snapback]

That is generally my belief as well but I am worried that it is wishful thinking. The muslim world has not exactly risen in anger to remove the jihadists from their midst like a cancer. Quite the contrary.

Guest RabidBillsFanVT
Perhaps there is some real hope coming from this organization.

I pray that their message can start to take hold and some real reform emerges.

27303[/snapback]

Our research indicates that one of the modern origins of this trend is the mutual demonization by Israelis and Arabs of each other to gain global support for each other’s causes. This pattern includes the Arab media’s ceaseless reference to the falsified document, the Protocols of Zion. The Coalition strongly urges Muslims and Arabs to refrain from demonizing Jews and stop blaming Jews for all of the world’s problems. The Coalition also urges Israelis to stop demonizing Arabs and Muslims who peacefully advocate for the rights of Palestinians.

So the roots of the whole problem emerge, from a Muslim source.

Thanks for sharing that website; maybe it will lead to an actual understanding...

I agree with Mickey. You haven't heard from any prominent muslim leaders denouncing terrorism widely and regularly. They'll pay lip service when asked, but there's no one in the muslim world leading the anti-terrorism charge. They're trying to have it both ways like France. They're hoping that if they keep they're mouths shut, terrorism won't hit them. They'll get their own wake-up call and the maybe they'll start doing something. Terrorists don't care about islamic ideology, it's just their excuse for slaughtering innocents. If it wasn't radical islam, it would be something else. There is no reasoning with terrorists, wiping them from the face of the earth is the answer. If the countries where they are hiding don't want to tackle the problem, we'll take care of it for them.

RunTheBall

I agree with Mickey. You haven't heard from any prominent muslim leaders denouncing terrorism widely and regularly. They'll pay lip service when asked, but there's no one in the muslim world leading the anti-terrorism charge.

that's because they're afraid to die

most likely from boming or kidnapping and then beheading