Who is the best #14 in Bills history?

259 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the real #14?

• Ryan Fitzpatrick
    • Stefon Diggs
    • Frank Reich
    • Sammy Flat Earther

On 4/9/2024 at 2:32 PM, Royale with Cheese said:

Best doesn't necessarily mean who produced most.  It could.

But just overall if you take everything into a player from production to leadership, tenure, great moments, to just likeable.....

#1 to me is Frank Reich.  He was here the longest and was Kelly's right hand man.  Lead the greatest comeback in NFL playoff history.  

Left on good terms.

"Best" implies how good of a player they were, so in that regard, it's Diggs by a landslide.

If we're just going off of who I liked the most, it's Fitzpatrick. 

Edited by BigDingus

15 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

"Best" implies how good of a player they were, so in that regard, it's Diggs by a landslide.

If we're just going off of who I liked the most, it's Fitzpatrick. 

Best is always subjective.  

I think Jim Kelly was the best player in the Bills Super Bowl run. 

However, if you're just looking at how good of a player they were...it was Bruce Smith.  He is one of two Bills players that are legendarily good as in one of the greatest ever at their position.  That's not Jim Kelly.

2 hours ago, BillsPride12 said:

Another thing I think people forget with Reich is how much of a positive impact he had on Kelly.  Frank might not have had the same athletic ability Jim had but he was smart and would help go over things with him on the sidelines. Kelly has said many times having Frank out there was like having an extra coach for him on the sidelines.  

Correct, as opposite as they were Frank proved indispensable to Kellys success!

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/9/2024 at 3:52 PM, mushypeaches said:

I'll always associate 14 with Frank Reich - having sat in the stands that amazing day in January 1993

Same here, I was one of the 1.3 million people from Buffalo who were in the stadium that day, and I still have the banner I hung in the tunnel.

20220105_092031_320x240.png

Pretty easy when it comes to what they did while they were on the field ! Diggs is the only WR in Bills history to record 4 1000 yd seasons in a row i'd say that's a winner .

But Fitz is 1 of my favorite players of all time in a Bills uni & Frank has the biggest come back all time in the play offs so there's that . 

The Bills have had some really great playing number 14's !!