Shoeless Sho? Shohei Ohtani pays off $4.5M in illegal sports wagering debt.......blames interpreter

BADOLBILZ

Ok so it's pretty obvious no one stole anything right? Only question is was Ohtani gambling and paying off a personal debt, or was he helping out a buddy in a bad situation? Either way he's an idiot. 

11 minutes ago, Process said:

Ok so it's pretty obvious no one stole anything right? Only question is was Ohtani gambling and paying off a personal debt, or was he helping out a buddy in a bad situation? Either way he's an idiot. 

If those are the two choices, I believe it doesnt matter and he can/will be suspended

https://nypost.com/2024/03/26/sports/raptors-jontay-porter-promoted-gambling-on-social-media-in-2021/

I have a feeling this story won't have a happy ending.

Jontay Porter, marginal rotational player on a bad NBA team, suddenly has tons of money bet on the over/under on his points per game.

Leaves two such games early - one for an aggravating an eye injury, another for illness. The under pays off big.

My question (I'm a fan of his brother, Nuggets' Michael Porter Jr): why? You're still an NBA player with a huge minimum salary and even good money to be made in Europe, etc.

The NY Post article says he's bragged about his day trading "successes" and other gambling wins. I think I'm seeing my answer ...