Chiropractic Care Thread. Trust? Opinions or Experiences Please Share

muppy

On 3/16/2024 at 3:20 PM, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

I can only speak to my own experience of course, but have been very happy and impressed by the improvements in range of motion and strength following adjustments from my local chiro. I am an amateur distance runner, and my training phases always result in needing help for low back pain and hip joint misalignments—these tuneups never fail me for those moments. I only go as needed, but the improvements are there to feel right away. 

However, like anything else, I have no doubt as to the number of quacks out there, so going from direct references usually is a good idea, and then when you have a good one, don’t switch! 

Our son had a dirt bike accident in elementary school. He ended up in a back brace for several months. By the time he got to high school we had noticed what appeared to be some occasional low back and hip stiffness as we’d watch him in sports and life in general. The Docs said everything was fine, but we were not so sure.

One thing led to another and we wound up at Doctor Joe’s, the chiropractor. If he was particularly tight or had a big basketball game we’d get him to Doctor Joe between school and game time. There is ZERO doubt as to whether it helped him to some degree. In fact, after one of his first appointment he got a Technical in warmups for dunking. Here’s the thing, even HE seemed surprised! He had never done it before or even come particularly close. And that wasn’t just a one off, he clearly moved better after being adjusted.

That dunk cost me $100 as I had the carrot out there. I didn’t see it coming from a 5’10” at the time sophomore. Unfortunately, the new coach had a rule, get a T and you sit the rest of the game, even if it hadn’t started yet. Now, this new HC was standing right there watching him do it, but he didn’t know the no dunking rule either! We got whooped, and the HC got an earful from the AD. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I’ve been going to chiropractors for decades. As a flooring contractor my back was always a mess. They help tremendously! They have been adjusting my neck the whole time also. If someone has had problems with that not much I can say but my experience has been great. I walk in bent over, can’t move well, stiff as a board! Walk out feeling free! It’s way better than going to a doctors office. They cost $150-$200 just to walk thru the door then you get raped at the pharmacy to get a prescription. Got to a chiropractor for $50 or so and go home feeling much better and no trip to the pharmacy.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Make sure it's a good and reputable one.

I went to a guy that said he could fix my slipped disc.  After a few adjustments, he completely blew out my disc and I had to have surgery.  

I am going to a good one now, if my disc goes out, he just stretches me until the swelling goes down and then does the adjustment.

• Thank you (+1) 1

On an unrelated related (?🤔) issue, does anyone remember that chiropractor that used to advertise his services on WGR 550, but insisted on doing his own commercials?  He was the chiropractor equivalent of Tom Carvel pushing Cookie Puss and Fudgie the Whale ice cream cakes.

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, 4th&long said:

Muppy did you decide to go? Did it help?

greetings. Not yet.  The issue is nowhere near as frequent as it was. It nagged for quite a while. But has seemingly remedied itself. I'm sure a visit at this point wouldn't hurt. But I also am considering accupuncture. I do know a practitioner there personally. He is an ER MD as well as accupuncture practitioner with an office in Encinitas devoted to it. At least he did pre COVID.

thank you for asking.  🙂

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, muppy said:

greetings. Not yet.  The issue is nowhere near as frequent as it was. It nagged for quite a while. But has seemingly remedied itself. I'm sure a visit at this point wouldn't hurt. But I also am considering accupuncture. I do know a practitioner there personally. He is an ER MD as well as accupuncture practitioner with an office in Encinitas devoted to it. At least he did pre COVID.

thank you for asking.  🙂

I’m sure he could give you the best advice. He probably knows a good chiro also.

• Thank you (+1) 1